When Heineken demonstrated unforgettable stunt in Nigeria | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 9 July 2014

When Heineken demonstrated unforgettable stunt in Nigeria



True to its brand promise of Opening Your World, the world’s most international beer brand, Heineken, dazzled Lagosians with an amazing stunt on the Falomo Bridge, Ikoyi, Lagos when it brought the real UEFA Champions League Trophy on a tour few months back. Unsuspecting onlookers were mesmerized by the grand spectacle on display on the bridge. Continue...


In what appeared to have been very carefully planned and deftly executed, the Heineken stunt involved a motorcade which took off from the Eko Hotels and Suites and proceeded to Falomo Bridge in Ikoyi. To add glamour and spice to the stunt, the motorcade included Dutch football legend and Heineken Ambassador; Ruud Gullit accompanied by Ex- Super Eagles superstars Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha and Sunday Oliseh.

Onlookers were taken by surprise when out of nowhere a carnival-like procession with people dressed up in the various European club team jerseys emerged cheering, dancing and singing amidst the blaring music and football commentary. With a helicopter hovering around the bridge, in an instant a part of the bridge was locked down briefly and a mini-pitch was set-up. Amidst deafening cheers Jay Jay Okocha and Sunday Oliseh stepped onto the pitch and displayed sublime football skills much to the amazement of onlookers.






The major highlight of the stunt was the unveiling of the UEFA Champions League Trophy. Similar to a victory tour of a championship winning team, two huge double-decker buses with open roofs added to the excitement of the stunt. With the UEFA Champions league theme song playing in the background, Dutch Legend, Ruud Gullit emerged on top of one of the double-decker buses with the UEFA Trophy. Onlookers were sent into wild frenzy when Gullit hoisted the UEFA Trophy for all to see.

 “I was on my way from work when I noticed there was something unusual happening on the bridge” said another onlooker, Ezekiel Chukwuma, “I decided to hang around to see what the fuss was all about. I was amazed by the event I witnessed. For me, the most interesting part was when I saw the UEFA Trophy lifted by Ruud Gullit. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity of seeing this Trophy.”



28 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff. Heineken has always been my Bear. I'm out ***CATCH ME IF U CAN***

comfort said...

Good 4 dem

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures

Unknown said...

WOW......

EXCITEMENT ALL ARUND..
.
.
.
.
.
Moye B

Anonymous said...

#heineken d promised brand# pretex4luv@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

E bi like show of shame,how ds one go Solve our roblem for ds country or py poor man Bills?
OBaSA

Unknown said...

Nice

Unknown said...

Nice x

Anonymous said...

Great indeed. Pretex4luv@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Wow..wish am there..linda pls post my comment

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
.
Is obvious we are the highest beer consumers and i think thats a great achievement.....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Nyz. Ogunaomi@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwww. this is real fun. Heineken plsss come to PH and invite me, wouldn't want to read it on Linda ikeji's blog. I will be her informant for the day....
#PICCANTO#

Anonymous said...

Very composed company with good packaging. Jopeyemi@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

They should consider spending these on the less privilege.
cooldavoe@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Guess there's still beef between these two,Oliseh and JJ.The body language is there for all to see,abi na only me.

Anonymous said...

nice ooo ...nkemdirimeverista111@gmail.com

Olubukola Ozone said...

Jeeeeeezzz! How I wish I knew abt it, I'd av made it thr at all cost. Nice concept

Amarachukwu. said...

Good.

Unknown said...

I was feeling the excitement by just reading the write up. Wish I had witnessed it.

ary said...

Not all stunt men can be footballers

NaNcY DreW said...

Dats where I work o buh I missed it. E pain me no be small,it was talked abt by my colleagues 4 days.

victor magic said...

twas amazing

victor magic said...

twas great

Anonymous said...

fun.. patoswife@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Nancy Drew pls stop wif d lies. I knw u 2 well nd I knw dt u don't work in dat company. Hyper oshi. Linus Mba. Fuckin gurls..hyping dia fake ass lives like any1 cares 2 even knw. U wish...metchwwwww

Unknown said...

Ok o

Unknown said...

GOOD



BORN TO SHINE!!!!

Recent Posts