MTN Project Fame Gossipmonger - Beyond what you see on TV | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 14 September 2012

MTN Project Fame Gossipmonger - Beyond what you see on TV

 
Written by the Project Fame Gossip monger (Not me). See it below...
I woke up on Saturday morning enthusiastic with a deep premonition that the day would be a good one especially since I got an invite to watch Project Fame nomination show. I was excited for two reasons; one I’d get to see my contestant in person for the second time*winking*.  Also, I’d know what the feeling really is like to be in the recording studio live (I’ve heard whataaa feeling long enough to want to experience it).
Though my body wanted more sleep my heart couldn’t get past the vibrating tingly feeling of seeing him again (you know, like having butterflies in your tummy). Even though I knew the show was scheduled for 4pm (according to the invites), I knew I could still sleep more but I was just too restless - so much that I stared at my dress for hours (You’re sorry for me abi? I know).

So finally, after endless waiting hours, the time came for me to leave my house. The moment I stepped out of the compound, I realized it was raining. “What?” I said aloud. And it was not just the drizzling kind of rain but the serious one, cats-and-dogs type.

With my invite now soaked, I had to wonder whether the bouncers at the show wouldn’t bounce me. See me see trouble o! This is why I dislike going out in the rain. Chei see my precious invite I had to answer question to get on MTN Loaded NG on Facebook. The things we do for love ehn…for our contestants, I mean.

About an hour later, I hopped out of the rickety taxi that took me to the Lekki studio just in time for the live recording of the show. I was welcomed with the hit song videos of former PF winners like Chidimma, Iyanya and others.  As I watched these videos, it dawned on me how much MTN’s PF show has helped bring beautiful talents to light. Chidimma’s ‘Kedike’ video was obviously produced and directed by the best as the quality was superb.

And before I could say Jack-Robbinson, the contestants rolled out in style.

“Whoa” I said between clenched teeth. Yes, I had seen the contestants in person before…but there was something about their costumes last Saturday. It screamed “Notice me” and believe me every fan present did just that. (I hear say na one husband and wife duo- Jane & Jekwu- dey style the contestants)

The contestants performed a duet…collabo if you like. Some sang so beautifully I had to think they’d been on intensive training with the mama herself “Celine Dion” (Ella, the girl from the WildCard contest was one of such people that whisked me away) while some hardly impressed anyone including myself with their ‘stage drama’ (don’t blame them yet. I’m difficult to please like that).

The contestants after the duet performed singles with creative twists. Luckily, my contestant wowed everyone. In that instant, I stood proudly with a placard in my two hands and screamed. On the placard I wrote his name and these words “You’re a star”. I bet he didn’t notice. *sad face*

Another highlight for me was the “feud” between ‘the who is whos’ on the show. I mean the judges and faculty. You needed to have seen the two sides shelling themselves with indirect yet friendly *coughs*. I shook my head and applauded no one in particular. To me that little episode was an icing on the already big enough PF cake.

At the end of the show, the contestants came out again. With some of them doing something close to ‘deaf language sign’ and ‘waka waka’ at the audience in a bid to get us to vote for them. (Laughs).

I applauded with others and just the instant I bent to pick my novel (I don’t leave home without one), I looked up to find him looking at me… like in a-checking-out-kinda way. I was ecstatic and waved sheepishly. He waved back with a wide smile. Definitely made all that rain-waka worth it

So that was my PF highlight for Saturday. Whose performance did you enjoy the most? Whatever you do, don’t forget to keep your favorite person in the house. I’m keeping mine so keep yours.

39 comments:

NEKS said...

Sorry o!!ds post seems to run around like a beheaded chicken..I don't understand,abi did I read it 4rm d bottom up?..whoz d gossipmonger?..sorry I don't watch tv a lot

@MNC_Critic said...

So I was waiting 2 see a scandal...just like d royal breast saga, now this :(

Anonymous said...

Efe Marvellous Odiete, na u be that?!

Anonymous said...

Its def AYO

Anonymous said...

#Yawn..smh..!jezzz..!! Very very long nd BORING..how al dis long story come be gossip..pity for some pple wey no get akaolu...

Tahir said...

SCAM!

Anonymous said...

Dis gossiper shld go rest her head @mashlessness

Warri Girl said...

Linda am suspecting u ooo, how come say na only ur blog this mtn gossipmonger dey. But I enjoyed d gossip, lwkmd @deaf&dumb signs

Anonymous said...

MsT: Like serzly? Smh* I wz even thinking d gist is about which contestant is dating that contestant or who kissed/shagged who. Oh well. Good 4u miss storyteller.

Anonymous said...

I JUST WASTED 5 PRECIOUS MINUTES READING THIS RUBBISH

Anonymous said...

my dear u tried a lot for him oh

Anonymous said...

Funny and interesting too...

chioms said...

I read this to the end hoping that the next paragraph will say sumtin meaningful...all for propaganda *hiss* boring

Anonymous said...

Dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ ur second time 2 see dem..U met dem 1st @ yaba nw u where life @ d recording studio.ur previous post u mentioned 2 guys,ay n marvellous.....from all Ȋ̊ read here...Ayo Йą ur favourite.

Anonymous said...

R u f@#king kidding me linda????? Did u sersly jst make me read dis "thing" to d end...waste of 5mins of my life dt I'll never get bk..kept waiting for d story to get to d climax...ur gettin paid for dis pubicity abi linda..cs I dnt understand d point of dis post

Anonymous said...

U guys tho...smh,can't u see she's a great writer,I hate reading,buh I sure felt dis 1,I know literature is got a word for dis(dramatic,idunno..lol)...yeh u read from the bottom @Neks..lol

Anonymous said...

This is no gossip ...

Anonymous said...

Absolute bullcrap! Would have preferred reading Chinese instead.

Anonymous said...

This is nonsense! Abeg go siddon for somewhere jor,obviously You don't have a job! You sef aunti linda,which kain story be this? Oga oooo

Anonymous said...

ur story is borin

beebee said...

Naaaso! They can like to fix their crappy network first......cos it only works in the middle of the night dis dayz (na winsh?).Mscheew,pelzin go dey beg for BIS wey hin dey pay for.

Anonymous said...

Boring! And this is exactly what is seen in TV.

Anonymous said...

Which kain ode be dis

ayaba said...

Igbayen wan ko?? Mscheeew

Glam Princess said...

Lolssss @beheaded chicken! D story no get head joor

Anonymous said...

Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!


ayodele said...

Im not surprised MTN paid dt blogger...

However, d'gist is flat....all d'details can be imagined even better than dt!!!

Fast Writer said...

wch kain rubbish b dis???

Unknown said...

Chai!!!!! Linda find better story like Agbalumo wey dey pursue Orange, a pregnant man, Money, women and wrongdoing etc abeg

Unknown said...

Maybe she's tryna portray her writing skill sha but Linda dis kyn gossip no follow at all

Anonymous said...

Tanx dearie!it really is a pity nigerian dn't have a reading culture or thy wuld have appreciated dis,who ever dis is wrote very well,got my attention cos dis is just d way I write though I'm not a writter.

Anonymous said...

RUBBISH!
I was waiting 4 a punch line and der was none.
D tittle and d stupid piece are diffrnt!
So pissed ryt now!
Wat d FUCK was dis?
Billie Jean

Anonymous said...

Was it an headline news or wat....pls can sm1 tel dem 2 wake up....,rubbish

Anonymous said...

Was it an headline news or wat....pls can sm1 tel dem 2 wake up....,rubbish

Bat-Girl said...

Very Boring. Very Flat. Keeping the readers waiting for more and then Voila!!! NOTHING!!!! Try harder Gossip monger!!! Better still read some short stories they'll help pick structure your stories better!

Anonymous said...

Mitchew what a nonsenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anonymous said...

ummmmm...waste of ma time#dead

Unknown said...

lol'linda......

Unknown said...

lol'linda......

Recent Posts