The Talk co-host Aisha Tyler's husband files for divorce after 22 years of marriage | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 16 April 2016

The Talk co-host Aisha Tyler's husband files for divorce after 22 years of marriage

Actress, comedian and The Talk co-host, Aisha Tyler and her husband Jeff Tietjens are divorcing after 22 years of marriage.
Tietjens who's an Attorney, filed for divorce earlier this month, citing irreconcilable differences. They have been separated since January 2015, according to court documents obtained by various news agencies like People, E! News and TMZ-which first broke the news.

Tietjens is not asking for spousal support for now, but is reserving the right to do so at a later date if he changes his mind, according to the court documents.

The couple were college sweethearts and got married in 1994.

Tyler opened up on The Talk in 2013 about their struggles to conceive.
"The hardest part is I really love my husband – he's such a good person and he would be such a great father,". But we just decided it wasn't worth it to go through that and so we decided to stop. It was better to not go through that torture." 
"After 40 your chances of getting pregnant are between 2 and 8 percent," the actress (who was 42 at the time) said.
"In my particular case, they were less than 5 percent. I'm old, in baby years, that's old to be trying to get pregnant."
She added that a doctor told her eventually, "Look, based on what we're seeing here, I just don't think this is going to happen for you."
In an interview with The Huffington Post in September 2014 she said:
"I wanted families and couples to know that it was a valid choice not to get on this crazy merry-go-round of IVF and tens and tens of thousands of dollars,". "People who do what I do for a living can afford that stuff, but most people can't. They mortgage their homes and they break themselves."
"And by the way," she continued, "most of them don't get pregnant. We only focus on the Cinderella stories. We don't focus on all the people that don't do it. And I wanted people to feel, men and women, it's OK to say, 'I love my marriage, I love my life, I choose not to have children.'" 

46 comments:

Olaaliu said...

Their business๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ™

Davido's driver said...

Time to kill ans divide properties

Unknown said...

After 22 years? Dem no weh

Unknown said...

Lol,this ppl dont have chill,one time marriage,the next time divorce!

Apple Berry said...

That's so sad

Apple Berry said...

That's so sad

Anonymous said...

God knows best. Why didn't you consider giving a helpless child an home, I mean adoption!

22years is a very long time. A black man who have given you baby mamas but look the guy is Caucasian he goes the right way by divorcing not impregnate someone else during marriage!!

bukky said...

Y nw

Ele Blessing said...

Seen

Dan said...

Just like geenie Mai that don't want kids it's a choice.

Unknown said...

Too tall...pls

Unknown said...

Goodluck to then and safe trip to there new found love.
Hollywood marriage is a scam as apc.















#sad indeed

PrettyChi said...

I pray they reconcile

Unknown said...

Okay

sinzujohn said...

awww lovely lady

niny said...

Eyaah madam don't wry miracle can still happan bt de rate of divorce nw sha #smh

Unknown said...

DEN TAKE STEP OF FAITH NAA.I VE SEEN COUPLES WHO VE SIMILAR PROBLEM N DY CAME OUT IT. DON'T ALWAYS LISTEN TO DOCTORS DY ARE IMPORTANT BUT IS U DAT DETERMINE HOW IT WILL END BY TRUSTING IN GOD NOT MAN. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Bonita Bislam said...

After 22 frigging yrs? Some things about marriage beats me.I guess I'll never know till I get there soon

Anonymous said...

Is okayyyy who they help??



#i must talk o

Amaka baby said...

So she waited till she was in her 40s to start trying to have kids and it even looks like she didn't try hard enough. Halle Berry had her kids in her 40s, Janet Jackson is in her mid 40s and she's currently pregnant, many women in their 40s and still having children upandan, she's making up excuses. The oyibo try sef, if it was someone else they would have divorced her a long time ago. There's a difference between not being able to have a child and not wanting to have one. Obviously she didn't want to have a child from the last comment she made. Oga,me I'm young and single and can have many half oyibo babies for you. Just call me, lol.

Unknown said...

Hmmm

Anonymous said...

I think she's just selfish.s can afford IVF but no she won't try, surrogate mother nko? MBA? W about adoption no! Abeg she is a very self centered B.period!

Linda's daughter aka Nwa Linda said...

After 22 years wow this is sad

LALAcious smallchops said...

Send ur pictures nd contact to Tietjens. Lol!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! If it's a black man(claiming God fearing),sharp sharp! You go hear about all the side pinkin

Unknown said...

I TIRE FOR DIS KIN NEWS EEH. WHY NA AMAKA WHY? UR LIFE WILL BE MORE WONDERFUL WITH KIDS.BELIEVE D IMPOSSIBILITY D DREAMS OF VING ONE NNNAAA?

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmk

Unknown said...

Well said

Unknown said...

I seriously need a job.can any one help.thanks

Pearlie said...

HDL

Unknown said...

Adoption would hv been a better option.

Unknown said...

Too bad! Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Too bad!
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Anonymous said...

I hv never replied anyone on dis blog but I feel d need to reply u.. it's shameful to see a woman speak so ignorantly... different things cause infertility, if u don't know her condition, speak less

Unknown said...

True taalk

Unknown said...

You get sense ssha

True talk too

chommy said...

God dey, bt she for try ivf or surrogate cos d money dey. Linda observe!

Yetty k said...

Ok

Unknown said...

She can make me her surrogate.. I love to help barren women..

Anonymous said...

Janet is 49 not in her mid 40s

Unknown said...

Hmm,I don't believe any woman created by God was made to be barren. With what she wrote, it shows she's more devoted to her job, than having children for a man who has been there for her for 22years. Such a man is rare to find any day, anytime. I wish them all the best!!!

Hessaawards2019.com said...

Sad Story!




Na me talk am!




Long Live LIb!!!

Okechuckwu said...

I only remember her on the screen in the TV series "24". I don't remember seen her that much in other memorable films or series.

Unknown said...

Both of ya are crazy...like if black men are the only one sharing baby's.....

Anonymous said...

It is well

Unknown said...

Okay...



#FINEST

Recent Posts