Must Read for Mothers - Please should I quit my job because of my kids? | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 29 April 2016

Must Read for Mothers - Please should I quit my job because of my kids?

I am a Lagos mum, I work at a top auditing firm and I really love my job. I have built an amazing career over the past 10 years, but I worry a lot about my kids. I have a 9 year old boy and a 7 year old girl who I feel are way below their potential and my husband constantly accuses me of loving my job more than my kids, him and my home. I am losing my mind over this issue, here’s how it started…


When my boy was 5 years, I was very involved with teaching him and mentoring him at home and he showed traits of extraordinary brilliance. Then I got a promotion at work that needed me to travel more often and spend longer hours at the office. Over time, his performance started to deteriorate, I would talk to him, encourage him, scold him, pray for him and SPANK THE LIVING DAYLIGHT OUT OF HIM. But it didn’t work and as my daughter grew I started to see the same traits of complacency and mediocrity.

A few months ago I started to think maybe I should quit my 6 figure paying job to stay home and teach my kids because I have tried different schools and that also didn’t work. A friend advised me to get tutors for my kids but I was worried
What would the tutor do to change the situation?
How would I even know the best tutor sef?
What about security?
Will I just call some strangers into my home HIAN!! And even if I work with the school teachers, I know that if anything were to happen at my home, the school would certainly say that what I had with the teacher was not any of their business.
I spoke with a counsellor and former teacher and they said having a good home tutor for my kids would solve the problem. So I asked…
How would getting a home tutor solve the problem?
·         Tutorshelps to tailor learning to specific children’s educational needs unlike teachers who follow a curriculum or a fixed plan, the tutors teaching method revolves completely around the child’s needs and learning patterns
·         If the kids are special needs children, tutors can better accommodate and support them much better than a teacher in a  normal class can
·         Tutors help build independent thinking and self-confidence.
·         Tutors help with homework and school problems and would give me more time to focus more on other things
I felt the reasons made sense but the big challenge was getting the best tutor for my kids. Then I started to get recommendations and suggestion from friends that I use Prepclass Home tutors in Lagos. I was made to know that they have the best professional home tutors in Lagos, so I did some of my own research as to 
Why I should choose a Prepclass tutor?
·         Their tutors are well trained.They receive feedback and are well monitored and supervised.
·         Prepclass tutors keep sessions structured, intense and very challenging which helps to really build the child
·         Prepclass does extensive tests and interviews on each and every one of their tutors, they also perform serious due diligence and get guarantors from tutors, moreover their involvement lasts for the entire period of the relationship and they have a wonderful customer service you can reach out to if you have any complaints you can freely call.
·         Prepclass tutors are trained to be passionate about the child and achieving the goals for the tutoring sessions. They get to know your child's interests, abilities and other basic skills, then plan lessons to match, help your child build confidence and challengethem to grow.
·         Their tutors are punctual, professional and stay on task during tutoring sessions.
All these I found out from feedback I got from friends who use their services and I simply hadto fill a form here to get a tutor
Prepclass is an academic solutions provider with numerous success stories from over 500 clients in Lagos. I was delighted to see that they area fully registered company in Nigeria, they have a physical office on the 3rd floor, No. 315 Herbert Macaulay Road, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos (Opposite KFC) and provide the best home tutors in Lekki, best home tutors in Ikeja, best home tutors in Lagos mainland and other regions in Lagos
They can also be reachedon 01-2913970 or their mobile hotline 08059811502 or you can fill out the Prepclass form here and they will call youimmediately. They will first visit your home or office to understand what your expectations really are and if possible access your child, then you will get a tutor within 3 business days.

31 comments:

VEEKEE said...

Your children are your priority dear.... You have made enough money for yourself nd would last you for years.... Quit ... First to comment

Awolowo Pelumi said...

Cool! You took the right step oo....this is how mothers should react

Olawale Olajumoke said...

Dear mothers, lets be more proactive as mothers. Taking the right steps like this woman makes sense

BossLady said...

Noted! Great post sha...mothers and babymamas come and see

Unknown said...

Not for fathers then

OloriSuper Baller said...

Nice! Nice! Nice! Well done eyin Prepclass! But great one sha

click here to read more news update @praizeblog said...

Dunnno wat to say

Unknown said...

Mtchewwwww

Dee Tee said...

Pray over it.. Simple!

Anonymous said...

If the job is causing you pain and sorrow, quit.

Lol. Laugh at Nigeria's funniest comedy skits here

Unknown said...

U should ooo

Unknown said...

Issokay seen! Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Tseeew and I was about to offer my candid advice!

eka said...

Kai ... So this is an advert
Well scripted

Eya Ayambem said...

Who would have thought this is an advert. Choi.

Anonymous said...

All this story for lesson teacher?

Oluwanene said...

All dis stories cos of adverts? How catchy!

Anonymous said...

So a tutor can replace a mothers undiluted love in this wicked day and age?? Stupid post!

Pretty face said...

Ok, seen

Unknown said...

Every girl will eventually become a mother one day so, if u can't balance ur work with ur family then quit. But a lot of women manage both and are still happy with both.

Unknown said...

A big lol to this!

Anonymous said...

Madam i will advise u keep ur job. You can take time to go to ur kids school talk with their teacher. I mean try nd relate well with let her pay extra attention to them. Also get a tutor i mean the professional ones not just a road side tutor. Nd get feedback from ur kids like do u like ur new lesson teacher? Am speaking outa experience. If u drop the job u feel more depressed the more. And if u dnt hv money how can u take care of them well. That's another problem unless ur husband is very very capable to carry all of u. A 9years old boy shld almost be getting to jss1 so u need to also try nd make out time nd teach him the values of reading and making good grades. U can promise to buy something he admires the most wen he does well in school and please keep ur promise. Good luck

Anonymous said...

If she quits and God forbid her husband passes away,how would she cope wit d kids? Job for women is not all about making money but security for d future

Anonymous said...

lol....advert abi. i catch u linda. hehehe








Anonymous said...

lol....advert abi. i catch u linda. hehehe










APPLE said...

YES!!!!! Your children are more important! I did same! My husband said i should stop and i did. Now I am doing my business.

Unknown said...

no quit your kids for your job

Thatbillzchick said...

Heheheh😁some people are here giving advice !cant they see its an advert?smh

Anonymous said...

who said its only a womans job to look after the kids? men will be forming busy yet the woman shares the bill for expenses...men will be forming busy but all they do is go out with friends, sleep with other women yet expect the woman to work, do house chore, look after children etc....men you are the headof your home and that means taking out time for issues of the home like looking aftercyour kids....training up a child is not the sole responsibility of the mother...stop justifying that falacy with tradition

Anonymous said...

Yes u should quit

Anonymous said...

Why d advice to quit....do you know if she pays the bills as most men nowadays are OBIAGERI....she should seek for a solution not to quit her job,to loose a paying job at this CHANGE TIME

Recent Posts