Long-lost sisters reunite after posting identical messages on FB | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 22 August 2015

Long-lost sisters reunite after posting identical messages on FB

When Katie Doak took to Facebook to find her biological family, she had no idea that her half-sister was trying to find her too. The Phoenix, Arizona, teen was adopted at 18 months old when her mother was unable to care for her. With help from her adoptive mother, the 17-year-old girl began searching for her birth mother and half-sister, Kelsey Wilson, 19.
"I've been interested in finding her for five years, but the past year has been the main push," Doak says. "My mom has been supporting me through all of it. "
On Monday, Doak took her search to Facebook, posting a photo of herself holding a sign that included everything she knew about her birth mother and half-sister (who was raised by grandparents).
The sign read: "Hello, my name is Katie. My birth name was Katherine Rebecca Leigh Wilson. I was born on Oct. 10, 1997 in Jefferson County Kentucky. I am seeking out to find my birth mom & half-sister to find out about my biological family. My birth mom's name is Cynthia Michelle Wilson. She was born May 9th, 1977 (38) in Louisville Ky. Has moved around to Az, Ky, and In. My sister's name is Kelsey Wilson. She was born April 16th, 1996 (19) in Ky. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!" 
A local news outlet, 12 News, saw the post and interviewed Doak. Hours after the news story was shared on Facebook, an individual messaged Doak with her half-sister's contact information.
After messaging her long-lost sister on Facebook, she began looking through her online photos and discovered that Wilson had been looking for her too.
Unknown to Doak, Wilson had even posted a similar photo last year with a sign that read: "Hi, my name is Kelsey. I'm looking for my sister! Her name is Katherine Rebecca Wilson. As far as we know, she lives in Arizona. Her birth mothers name is Cynthia Wilson. Please 'share' this and help me find her!"
"As soon as I read her poster, I instantly ran downstairs and showed my mom and we knew it had to be her," Doak says. "I cried in disbelief."
The two sisters reconnected by phone on Wednesday night.
"It wasn’t as awkward as I was expecting it to be, it was more like I've known her and it was really easy to talk to her," Doak says. "She's really sweet, and I really look forward to getting to know her a lot more."
After connecting with Wilson, Doak discovered she has five more siblings who have either been adopted or are living with her biological grandparents and aunt. She says she plans to meet them all. 
"I'm still kind of trying to process that it happened," she says. "It feels great." 
12 News

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to them. Best of wishes.

SWILL MARTIN said...

#blooood

Unknown said...

Good for them..

Blog It With Olivia said...

Eiya, that's cool. Thank God they finally found each other









#it WILL only GET better
#IT must END in PRAISE

Blog It With Olivia said...

Eiya, that's cool. Thank God they finally found each other









#it WILL only GET better
#IT must END in PRAISE

Unknown said...

At least some up part of social media.
If only we can channel the whole circle into things that are this worthy.
By the way, me sef dey find an old friend.
Her name is Miracle Tiebiri.
We lost contact since SS1 and I've searched all social media I can think of, yet I've not seen her.
If you are reading this, raise your hand on the comment section and tell me how to contact you.









Sincerely speaking the mind of Amadioha

Ayodele Jay said...

cool

#Blessed child

aproko manager said...

Thank God say dem dey see each oda

Unknown said...

Awwww how touching...

prettiyz said...

They r both lucky

prettymojies said...

Congratulations to them.

Unknown said...

Wow dis facebook help oooooo at least I have seen many of my class mates here 2 n old friends

Unknown said...

For window blinds, wallpaper and curtains please call 08160856785.

Mihearty said...

Nice one. Family is everything

Unknown said...

That's really great...

Jeremiah Wesley said...

Very interesting

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
Their birth mother must really take pregnancy as an hobby i swear.... Baddoo..
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Tnk God fffor u guys

Pro said...

Wow

That vuvuzela P guy

Unknown said...

Thank God

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank God for dis and I wish them all d best. God bless them and enlarge their coast.

Unknown said...

Wish u luck,

Unknown said...

Wow! Dats lovely

Unknown said...

Wow! Dats lovely

Unknown said...

That's really sweet....

ary said...

That is so sweet and very Hollywood-esque

Aunty gwegzzz.... said...

As in ehhh...she just dey born they give them up for adoption like she is competing with anyone. She needs to glue her kpekus together biko.

Unknown said...

Awwwww, I'm so happy for them. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Awwwww, I'm so happy for them. Linda take note!

Juleslouis said...

Aww! Happy for them!

I B M bolubantin said...

Wow..that's a beautiful one

I B M bolubantin said...

What more can I say, blood is thicker than water

I B M bolubantin said...

What more can I say, blood is thicker than water

Unknown said...

Nice one. Glad she found the people she was searching for.











#TeamBlessed#

Recent Posts