Body of missing pupil found in school’s septic tank | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 22 October 2010

Body of missing pupil found in school’s septic tank


Three-year-old Uche Duncanpraise, who was declared missing on September 27, was on Monday found dead inside a septic tank within his school premises. The minor was a pupil of King of Kings Nursery School located on Babs Aregbesola Street in Okota, Lagos State. 


On October 3, Sunday Sun had published the story of the child’s disappearance from school without any trace. 
When our correspondent visited the school yesterday, the lifeless body was still floating inside the septic tank as officers of The Nigeria Police from the homicide unit of Panti, Yaba, were being awaited.
Speaking to our correspondent, the distraught father, Mr Uchegh Duncan’d Nwazuo, said: “I was invited to the Panti Police Station, Yaba, on Monday, October 18. When I got there the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) told me that the case has been transferred to the homicide section and I asked him why because I know that section only handles cases that have to do with murder. He said I shouldn’t worry. When we met the O/C homicide, he informed me that my son was found dead inside a septic tank in the school compound. 

“I couldn’t believe him and I asked him who gave him the information. He told me it was the school authorities but I insisted that he told me the person who gave the information on behalf of the school authorities but he refused and maintained I should just take it like that. 

“He told me they would be at the school to remove the body today (yesterday) and as you can see people have just killed my son. How could he have fallen into the pit without anybody knowing? Is it possible that somebody who died for 22 days will not be smelling by now? My brother, I’m just waiting for them to come but you can see how wicked human beings can be.” 

The mother, Mrs. Nwazuo could not talk to our correspondent because she was crying all through. 

Sunday Ani - The Sun Newspaper

12 comments:

Surprise said...

May the good God console the family. May they never experience any ugly incident IJN, Amen.

Asabe said...

I am so,so disturbed, three years old found dead???I know understand???there are questions that need answers????? my condolences goes to the family.

NINA said...

how did he get into the tank was it open? what a horrible calamity...i have little children..i cannot even begin to imagine how the parents feel...a little 3 year old boy..how so so so sad!!! my deep deep condolences to the parents..

Anonymous said...

This is so sad. Made me cry. May his soul rest in perfect peace and may God comfort his family. Nigerian Schools and companies need to secure their premises and introduce health and safe regulations and procedures. Too many avoidable deaths happening in Nigeria. So sad

Anonymous said...

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anonymous said...

Wow. thats so sad. May the Lord be with the family and console them. Kai, its very sad

Nonso said...

May God bless his soul...so sad and more so, when you look at it as avoidable.RIP boy..my condolences!!

JUST BEING ME said...

MAY GOD SEND HIS ANGELS OF COMFORT TO THE FAMILY,& MAY THE SOUL OF THE LITTLE BOY REST IN PEACE... AMEN *SOBBING*...I MEAN WHAT HEIGHT OF WICKEDNESS IS THIS?...I SMELL A RAT BECAUSE THAT SEPTIC TANK IS THE PRE-CAST TYPE THAT IS BOUGHT & BURIED UNDERGROUND....SO IT'S VERY SAFE! WHO CALLED THE POLICE AFTER ALL THESE DAYS? AND WHY DIDN'T THE ROT SMELL ATTRACT PEOPLE THERE IF TRULY HE FELL INTO IT, WHICH I DON'T BELIEVE & THERE IS A RUMOUR THAT THE BOY WAS HEADLESS & IS THE ONLY CHILD OF THE COUPLE AFTER THE MUM HAD SUFFERED 2 MISCARRIAGES..*HEAVY SIGH!*...HA! GOD, SEND YOUR COMFORTING ANGELS TO VISIT THE BEREAVED QUICKLY....AMEN. & MAY THE PERPETRATORS OF THIS WICKED ACT DON'T GO SCOUT FREE BUT BE FISHED OUT BY YOUR ANGELS IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

Enitan said...

This is so painful! If only one could hope for an investigation and repercussion. *sigh* God give his family comfort

Michael said...

I don understand it was a headless body. How could the boy have fallen into a pre cast septic tank? Its pretty obvious the body was dumped there after the murder. Can there be justice? Are our police men intelligent enough to unravel the original scene of the murder? God, please save our country from this backwardness and grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Anonymous said...

How did this boy get in the septic tank in the first place (assuming that he was not thrown there)? This school needs to take responsibility for this boy's death- why was the septic tank left opened?

Anonymous said...

may God purnish the person that did this and may he die a painful death!! asin that person must not see the end of this year!!! omgg! that person must die die die die! thunder fire him!! he shall never see anything goood! may the soul of this kid torment him to his grave! may he not find peace!! omggg!! this prayers of mine should work!! cos my tears r just dropin on my computer as im typing!! i am so sad this is so unfair.

Recent Posts