Kelly Rowland says Beyonce's mother helped her appreciate her beauty | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 22 April 2017

Kelly Rowland says Beyonce's mother helped her appreciate her beauty

Kelly Rowland gives off the airs of someone who is very confident but she wasn't always so. As a matter of fact, she hated being dark skinned but Beyonce's mother, Tina Lawson, boosted her confidence and taught her to love herself.

In an interview with The Sydney Morning Herald on Friday morning, the chocolate-skinned beauty described Tina as her "bonus mother" and told of how she forced her to appreciate her looks.
"She would literally get me in front of the mirror and tell me how beautiful my chocolate skin was," said Kelly. "She had all this artwork up and it was all these beautiful African-American or African artists. She said, 'Look at your skin colour, your skin colour looks like that'," she said.
With her new-found confidence, Kelly made it her responsibility to share her experiences to empower other young women, especially African-Americans and make them confident in themselves. She is in the middle of recording an album which she said will remind women how incredible they are.
"I wasn't just a face for myself, I was a face for other girls who looked like me and I don't want them to see themselves and not see how incredible they are in their own skin," she offered.

9 comments:

Dupsy B said...

Kelly fine girl

Unknown said...

ok
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Want To Increase Your Penis Size? said...

okay. Since when does dark-skinned mean less beautiful? Americans and their false standard of beauty?

MAYBUMS123 said...

Come this girl no get her own mama?

Anonymous said...

Kelly my crush my one and ever crush.

Unknown said...

Black is beautiful any day and anyime.

Anonymous said...

Yes oh..tell them

Omolewa said...

Wait. Is this lady an orphan? I don't get it.

caroline said...

Black is ever beautiful

Recent Posts