"I have seen domestic violence first hand and I always stood against it" - singer, Niyola | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 12 May 2017

"I have seen domestic violence first hand and I always stood against it" - singer, Niyola

Singer, Eniola Akinbo aka Niyola, is speaking out more about domestic violence after the death of her friend, 22-year-old Karabo Mokoena, who was murdered and burnt to death by her abusive ex-boyfriend, Sandile Mantsoe, in South Africa. Emphasizing on the importance of speaking out and walking away from violent situations, Niyola said;
"This is so hard for me but my friend would have wanted me to help someone through this . I have seen domestic violence first hand and I always stood against it but this time I will do what I can to pull as many people into this fight with me. This guy Sandile not only murdered My friend, he burnt her beyond recognition and had his mother and sister help him clean up . If not for the CCTV no one would have known.

Don't be fooled about anybody's supposed family / friend's support and pacifying. When it comes down to it, they will protect their own. Women I beg you, don't protect that man by lying to your family or friends about his evil , inhumane ways . Speak out !!!! If you know he is bad for you , don't say his family loves you ... RUN !This one has been charged with pre meditated murder, and a bail hearing in 2 weeks but we won't rest till justice is served.

You too can get justice even while you're alive , and you can get your life back before it's totally lost. If your husband hits you, call the cops, or call someone you know and stop dying in silence. It is not your problem, there's nothing to be afraid / ashamed of. It's his cowardice and dementia . #RIPKay"

11 comments:

CHERYL (aka FROM GLORY to GLORY) said...

That his family even helped him clean up the mess is what I can't wrap my head around! This world is filled with evil people.


Long live LIB

Anonymous said...

NO TO VIOLENCE!!!

What is going on? What is going on? Why is all these happening. Or has it alwas been happening but we are jus knowing cos of social media

I remember my friend's mother telling my sister your husband can hit you sometime out of anger. Its just anger. Thank God my friend is not from that school of thought.

Parents, start young, Your son must not beat ur daughter or any other lady not matter the justification. Beat it out of him.

Jeez!

Genny's Blog said...

Hmmmm.domestic violence is not the best.

Sammy J said...

Bad

Commenting from edunaij.com.ng

Anonymous said...

Please I need help in paying my sons school fees 11,500 am a single mom. Had being doing this all alone but the thing has hooked me this time around.the school has threaten to start driving from next week. Pls someone should help my little boy dreamada871@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hmmm
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Anonymous said...

Madam
Send the account details of ur son's school,
I can only pay the school fees directly to the school.

Anonymous said...

How is perfect straight marriage working out, for those who were celebrating the persecution of gay people?

Like I said. You declared war on yourselves.

uniquechic said...

smh@ dlinda woman dat says hitting is just anger..dat sort will let her female child die in d hands of an abusive partner.

Anonymous said...

No to volience which I totally accept but trust goes a long way .watch this movie ABIKE to see how things happens at homes. There is always a catalyst .

ALINCO NONI said...

Exactly! Saw the movie last night on AM Yoruba.

Recent Posts