Music Icon Youssou N'Dour to run for Senegal presidency | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Music Icon Youssou N'Dour to run for Senegal presidency

The Senegalese music icon, percussionist, occasional actor and Grammy winner yesterday Jan 2nd 2012, announced he is in the race for the presidency of Senegal in the coming elections in February, competing against the country's 85yr old president, Abdoulaye Wade, who is running for third term.
I am a candidate. I will engage in the presidential race. I do not have a university education but the presidency is not something you go to school for. For a very long time, many Senegalese of different backgrounds have called for my candidacy for the presidency next February. I've listened, I've heard and I am responding favorably to their request. I am a candidate. It's a supreme patriotic duty, the best I can give of myself. I am the alternative to the current leadership in place in the country" - N'Dour said in a broadcast.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a joke. Africans have turned presidency to rags. If it is not George weah, it is youssou. Imagine if David Beckham or George Micheal wanted to run for PM in the UK..... Well if Ronald regan and Schwarzenegger ( educated though) were accepted....God help us.

Platform of entertainment said...

Is he sure can rule the people without educational background? I wish Him the best.

Anonymous said...

ds is very funny,

Anonymous said...

why is it a joke? what makes the current president or your African President any better or better qualified for the job....
If your heart is in the right place and you have honest advicers to surround you...ANYONE can lead a nation....
..Good luck to him...I wish him the very best...
Ps He did got school but not University.....University education is overated!!!!Bill Gates and many people who have successfully managae an empire did not go to school.....GO FIGURE!

How to Remove Pimples said...

Laughable. Does he have political experience. But I'm sure if he does win he won't fumble like goodluck

chichiluv said...

The man may not have gone to university but that doesn't mean that he is an illiterate. Literacy is not only obtained in college. You don't have to be an educated person to see what is wrong with Nigeria and I'm sure it's the same in Senegal. America that has been run by university graduates, nko? Wahala no dey? There are still corrupt people in offices and banks, homeless people on the streets etc.

As long as he surrounds himself with capable people who share his platform and vision for Senegal, I think he can do a great job. The word "business" come after the work "show"; he is a very successful musician who has successful run his business and if he can bring his vision to life, I am sure with the right people in his cabinet, he can successfully run Senegal.

Anonymous said...

Really! what has education got to with it if you've 'common sense'! If he means well, he should go ahead besides the present president there has ruled twice now, is that his birth right? Once a direction, common sense, good hear, vertex,can speak good English, Think outside the box,have a good signature,not a cultist, a good father, good husband, good man,kind man, down to earth and smart and not GAY opari(THAT'S THE END)! The ball is in your court.

Anonymous said...

It's soo funny how these days people like to acquire more and more accolades nobody is content anymore in the simpler things of life . As much as I'd like to tell him why he shouldn't run for presidency, it is his constitutional right and I wish him luck I guess if Arnorld Schwarznigerr and Ronal Regan did it then he most definitely can

Anonymous said...

Did Obasanjo & Co Graduate from University? Lets be real, u dont need any University degree to rule in Africa & that has been a Major problem but Education is not it thou, na common sense. I know Youssou will make it as a President, he's a smart guy 7 he should please put Akon as Vice or one of his cabinent... lol... that was a joke thou

Anonymous said...

Abeg, go school my dear. Na fish brain filled with sawdust like Mr Badluck nai you wan take rule your people? Get real!!

Recent Posts