Video of the Day: Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You. 1982 Live Performance | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Video of the Day: Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You. 1982 Live Performance

Jennifer Holliday now 50
If you've never seen this video, then you must see it! It's the live performance of one of the world's most powerful songs, I Am Telling You. Jennifer Hudson's performance of this song in the movie Dream Girls earned her an Oscar. This version is the original and one of the best live performances of all time. That voice...wow!
The magic starts at 3:30...


See the way she sang the song like her life depended on it. People don't sing like this anymore...

5 comments:

Chichiluv said...

I think Jennifer Holliday was either nominated for or won a Tony award for her portrayal of Effie in the Broadway show of Dreamgirls. She blew it out the water as did Jennifer Hudson.

Abike said...

Wow, almost got tears in my eyes watching her. I could FEEL the lyrics

Ms Olaf said...

ahh you go fearrr... that nigga better be staying o. Lol.. as you can see.. there is NO way shes gonna live without him. I believer her!

Anonymous said...

This clip makes me want to go see the show live next month in SA... whoo I think she believed every sentence she sang

Anonymous said...

OMG! You know what makes this more awesome? The fact that it's theatre and she has to do this live, night after night!

Recent Posts