Photos: For refusing to surrender his phone, man allegedly gets brutalized by officers of the Nigerian police | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 23 September 2016

Photos: For refusing to surrender his phone, man allegedly gets brutalized by officers of the Nigerian police

A man who goes by the name Maido on IG, shared his brutal experience with men of the Nigerian police yesterday. According to him, he was attacked because he refused to surrender his phone. He wrote;
"Yesterday was the worst day of my life, infact I almost lost it. At about 7pm I was driving along lagos-Ibadan express way with a friend, when we noticed a car closing up on ours and someone waving to us, asking us to stop.
After I took sometime to observe I suspected it was the police and I pulled over. Actually they weren't even in a police vehicle so I couldn't have noticed early enough. They were armed, one of them furiously came to me shouting. He said they have been trying to stop me or chasing me for a while. I was suprised because I did not notice at all. There were three of them, only one was on uniform. They immediately started cursing and using vulgar words on us, they called us criminals for no reason, after so much interrogation they decided to do a search on the vehicle, I consented to that, and when they could not find anything incriminating in the car they demanded to search our phones. I refused them checking my phone because they had already seized my friend's phone for no reason, I simply tried to make them understand that my phone is my private property but instead of hearing me out, they resorted to physical assault. They hit me with all sort of objects including their guns, I had to do my best to leave the scene for my dear life. I was terribly injured over a phone that wasn't worth it at all, I equally lost my wrist watch. The question is, what wrong have I done by being a regular Nigerian young boy into entertainment. This police brutality has finally got to me and the world must know, Police brutality has to stop, its me today and it might be you tomorrow #StopPoliceBrutality#IdemandJustice #NigeriaPoliceForce#policebrutality
Yesterday was the worst day of my life, infact I almost lost it. At about 7pm I was driving along lagos-Ibadan express way with a friend, when we noticed a car closing up on ours and someone waving to us, asking us to stop. After I took sometime to observe I suspected it was the police and I pulled over. Actually they weren't even in a police vehicle so I couldn't have noticed early enough. They were armed, one of them furiously came to me shouting, he said they have been trying to stop me or chasing me for a while. I was suprised because I did not notice at all. There were three of them, only one was on uniform. They immediately started cursing and using vulgar words on us, they called us criminals for no reason, after so much interrogation they decided to do a search on the vehicle, I consented to that, and when they could not find anything incriminating in the car they demanded to search our phones. I refused them checking my phone because they had already seized my friend's phone for no reason, I simply tried to make them understand that my phone is my private property but instead of hearing me out, they resorted to physical assault. They hit me with all sort of objects including their guns, I had to do my best to leave the scene for my dear life. I was terribly injured over a phone that wasn't worth it at all, I equally lost my wrist watch. The question is, what wrong have I done by being a regular Nigerian young boy into entertainment. This police brutality has finally got to me and the world must know, Police brutality has to stop, its me today and it might be you tomorrow #StopPoliceBrutality #IdemandJustice #NigeriaPoliceForce #policebrutality
A video posted by Maido (@juicyboymaido) on

52 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeeeez

Unknown said...

Our police nid to grow up..for how long wil dey keep truamatising people in dis apc govt?

Unknown said...

See why police can never be your friend? Just wonder when this brutality will end in this country. Hope justice prevails still, if there's any though I #Sad

Unknown said...

Are you surprise huh?
What a shame.
That is Nigeria police for you naa WHERE IS FAKE PASTOR OSIBANJO HE SHOULD COMA AN DEFEND HIS BOYS SHAMELESS PEOPLE.
If not the kind of guy freeborn is they would have done the same thing to me yesterday but i show them i am a game master.















#sad indeed

Davido's driver said...

They will now blame it on sars

Unknown said...

hian
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Unknown said...

Nigerian Police sef. Smh. Hit millions in this recession! Get your outstanding soccer prediction tips for Friday & Saturday, 23rd & 24th September 2016 @ www.fortunatusblog.com  

Unknown said...

It a normal thing with police to act like agbero... dee

BONARIO NNAGS said...

And just yesterday the police chief was denying the amnesty report. Policemen in this country are terrible, the way they treat unarmed innocent citizens. We're protesting police killing abroad but the ones happening in our country are worse.



. ~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

Unknown said...

NIGERIAN POLICE ARE JUST THIEVES.








AUNTY LINDA 👩

Unknown said...

Hmmmm. Police o
Signed
LibBadBoy

Unknown said...

I'm speechless! Linda take note!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the CHANGE. TIME FOR MASS PROTEST, CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE TO CHANGE THIS UNFORTUNATE SITUATION WHERE ANIMALS ARE RULING HUMAN BEINGS. MAY GOD BLAST NIGERIA

Anonymous said...

Idiot.so na this year police start doing this?

Eddy Ogbunambala said...

Na waoo

Hessaawards2019.com said...

This is highly unacceptable! Wtf?!

Na me talk am!

Long Live Lib!!!

Unknown said...

The Government better do something on this ..... its getting too much unless we youth would war with the police ....they are available in area c ..surulere ..eric moore ..ajah...berger areas stop ikotun area m stop them oooo ...i was a victim of such act in area c of surulere

Unknown said...

AM AT A LOST HERE WITH THIS INCIDENT, NOW DESPITE THAT IF THE STORY IS TRUE, A TRAINED POLICE OFFICER DOES NOT NEED FOWL LANGUAGE TO CONFRONT A CITIZEN, THEN, HOW CAN YOU DRIVE FOR A WHILE AND SOMEONE WAS MOTIONING YOU TO STOP AND YOU CONTINUE TO DRIVE ON; ASSUMING THEY OBSERVED SOMETHING DANGEROUS AND WANTED TO ALERT YOU? THEN IF YOU HAVE NOTHING INCRIMINATING IN YOUR PHONE, WHY WOULD YOU REFUSED A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER ACCESS TO THE PHONE? AND THE INJURIES AND STRUGGLING OF A POLICEMAN WITH A CITIZEN OVER THE PHONE IS UNBELIEVABLE, THE LEAST THEY COULD DO IS TO GET THEM ARRESTED TO THE STATION AND THEN BOOKING FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE; ITS BELIEVABLE SEEING ALL THESE, GOD WILL HELP US FOR TWO WRONGS DOESN'T MAKE A RIGHT; GOD HELP US.

Unknown said...

The Government better do something on this ..... its getting too much unless we youth would war with the police ....they are available in area c ..surulere ..eric moore ..ajah...berger areas stop ikotun area m stop them oooo ...i was a victim of such act in area c of surulere

Unknown said...

My people we really have to support this # cus young guys cannot dress well in the society because Nigeria police will take the guy as a yahoo boy as they call it.this same story has happened to me as well and I feel pain cus nothing we can do but now we have internet to correct thier wrong doings

Chizzy Liz said...

*************************After narrating urs today...... Moro dem go do worse....... Tired of dem meehn

Anonymous said...

I would suggest we start giving them a dose of their medicine. one tried funny with me in Isolo. He never saw what was coming his way, i beat the crap out of him that day.

Unknown said...

But yesterday the foolish Nigerian Police Inspector General of Police was lying that Nigerian police do not torture their suspect.But let us ask the drunkard IG.What does he call this one? I believe he would come up with another lye again.

Unknown said...

Are they not bunch of illiterates?What good do you expect from political thugs who gets compensated by joining the police.I implore the youths to go about with confirm charms,any police man that tries nonsense kill the mosquito.If don't have mail me

Reno said...

It is not a new thing.Nigeria police in Lagos are criminals of highest order Infact they are recidivist .They chase young boys with cars searcging for yahoo yahoo boys .So they check their phones to see if they have informations such as western Union information or money gramm and facebook or any dating site/call logs.Its been happening for the past 5 years and it's not a good thing.I am currently in Delta State and this time around it is SARS that do illegal jobs like that.Infact, Officers use black Magic for their operations looking for system boys.
Madio sorry for falling a victim with our wicked renowned fake officers inflicting injuries on prima donnas

Unknown said...

TOMORROW SOME IDIOT OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE WILL SAY "WE HAVE CARRIED OUT A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION AND CONCLUDE THERE IS NO SUCH" ANIMALS.

Anonymous said...

This has to stop the police men need to be prosecuted

DTN said...

ITS A DAY TO DAY THING IN NIGERIA.....EVERYWHERE..

Dave said...

freeborn bamislam suani ahmad bamislam i can see u are a religious fanatic.what has religion have to do with this.dont ever call a pastor fake,dont judge if u dont want ur future generations to suffer for your ignorance

Unknown said...

the police officer must be arrested.

onye nku was here,linda note

Unknown said...

AM FROM BENIN, IT'S NOW LIKE EVERYDAY ROUTINE FOR THEM.... I HAVE HAD SIMILAR CASE 3TIMES AND I WAS BRUTALLY BEATEN FOR NOT ALLOWING TO GO THROUGH MY PHONE.... AND I AM FURIOUSLY ANGRY WITH THE NIGERIAN POLICE . THEY ARE NOT TRAINED AND MOST THEM ARE ILLITERATE AND ASK STUPID QUESTIONS.... AND THEY WILL DIE POOR....

Unknown said...

Fuck the police...... And we don't need you and your fucking security... You guys are the real fucking criminals and I pray you die poor...

JAO said...

You are simply the Idiot @Anon 11:46am, I nearly had similar issue weeks ago. Naa war to walk freely in your own country and @Bamislam, is Osibajo the IG? smh vigorously for some citizens.

Unknown said...

Can they scrab police and let's look for ourselves because I can't really find the difference between an arm police and an am robber #Odia

OSINANL said...

POLICE IS NEVER ANYONE'S FRIEND

Anonymous said...

Oga stfu APC got nothing to do with this...

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me a few week's ago just after berger the long bridge I was stopped and the police took both my phones and requested I open it I did as they asked cause it was late at about 10pm b4 them kill me for my mama,after which noting was found next question where are u going this night? only you in the car? Who owns d car? Where do u work ?why do u have two id cards? Me: oga one is id card the other is estate gate pass. Eventually noting was found but I was asked to do normal. Linda pls help us oo

Anonymous said...

It so sad...d day I told my friends in Nigeria about d IG then Solomon Arase passed statement for Police to stop searching phones....right away he told me it can't work..no one will dare tell a police man about it in real life....why is our Police system this black? What is d way forward from Nigeria Police...it's rily disgusting..i hate them all my life with passion..why?

olabanji adisa said...

Enough of police harrassment

petarken said...

This is Maido nau...the Artist who sang Wider ft. Ice
Prince,he Is a Nigerian Artist,i love his songs Nigerian Police are so Useless...so sorry Bruh the Nigeria Police force need to do something about this....Linda
Take Note

Anonymous said...

Why did he refused to hand his phone over to them when dey demanded for it.He was having some information implicating on his phone that is why he never wanted to give it to them.The police are aware of all these 419 boys that uses phones to chat with victims.

Anonymous said...

similar thing happened tome the last time i was driving along the lagos ibadan express. i know this SQUAD, they are from Ogudu police station.Something must be done to Stop this useless officers..

Anonymous said...

Where is officer giwa n the other woman on facebook? This is case for them, let's see what you are made off instead of typing shit on social media

Petarken said...

This is Maido nau...the guy who featured Ice Prince in his Song called 'Wider' wow,this is bad,the Nigerian Police can go free in this,they must pay for this...Linda Take Note ooo...

Unknown said...

This has been happening for so long and i have also encountered this shit several times... the fact remains that the Nigerian Police Force are worse than the menace called Boko Haram.


#GrachiDynasty

Anonymous said...

@livingstone chibuike. you need to grow up. this is not all about APC. All this started since PDP Government. Why are you taken side? Please this is what we should do as youth in Nigeria. Let's send open letter to IGP (inspector General of Police) few days back, he came on air to defend the Nigeria Police. Please this short video should be sent to him. All this started in Lagos, now Benin, Ibadan, Warri and other State. The only place that's free in Nigeria about this issue of searching phone, after searching your car and ask you to identify yourself. The next thing they will ask you is your phone. We are not criminal. We need to fight for our right. #Police brutality must stop. #Enough is Enough for them. Please if anyone can discuss this to his uncle, brother, Godfather, mother, Aunty, sister. that can reach the right authority to put stop to this, please help. @LindaIkeji, we appreciate you. we need your assistance here to help publish this in any form. we must put stop to this. #STOP POLICE BRUTALITY and Embarrassment. my phone is my personal property. Kidnapper doesn’t hide any victim on phone. they are smart not to put any information on phone. What are Nigeria police looking for in our phone? Please IGP. We need you instruction to this. Many CP support this and i know you won’t you are the head of NPF. Please put stop to this.

http://zokija.com said...

Policemen eh, I don't like anything about them from their cap abi na beret, uniform to their black shoes.





Advertise, sell, buy or trade anything on ZOKIJA

Unknown said...

Many of them are just thieves that operates legally. Still it's still partially the government fault.

Anonymous said...

Foolish Bonita will insult this young boy now, because she is senseless

Anonymous said...

Those are fake policemen you are lucky,you left there with your life. their motive is to rob you.

Anonymous said...

Ha I know this police squad they are strictly from OGUDU POLICE STATION AREA H. All they do everyday now is to chase after young boys and go through their phones. This has got to stop for no police officer has the right to go through peoples phone. They buy enough fuel in the cars and drive around streets and ibadan express way looking for young boys to extort.

Anonymous said...

this police people must be from isheri berger , na their work be that

Recent Posts