Photos: Meet Khadija, the girl born without a face | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 6 November 2015

Photos: Meet Khadija, the girl born without a face

Khadija Khatoon Khadija, 21, from Kolkata, West Bengal, Eastern India, was born without a face and her mouth is a small slit on the left side of her face. When she was born, concerned doctors were baffled by her condition for months. Although it has never been confirmed, they believe she has a form of neurofibromatosis, a rare deformity that causes tumours to grow along nerves. Medics told Khadija and her family there was nothing they could do after extra skin continued to grow out of control.
 

     "She was born at home but she didn’t open her eyes. She was born with thick heavy eyelids and she looked different to my other children at birth but we didn’t think anything of it until we realised she couldn’t open her eyes properly." hermother Amina Bibi,50, said.

     "When we took her to the hospital she was admitted for six months and they did lots of tests but doctors eventually told us there was nothing they could do. Because the doctors told us there was nothing they could do we never went back to them. And as Khadija got older she refused any help. Doctors told us when she was a baby that if she attempted surgery she could die, so we have lived with that fear. Now that Khadija is much older she has decided herself that she doesn’t want to have surgery. She doesn’t want to risk dying."

 
Khadija said:
     "I'm made this way and I accept it graciously. I do what I can. If this is how I’m meant to be then I live with it. It’s not a matter of coping, I just live as I am"
She continued: "I don’t have any real friends but I have my family. My family is my only friend and I love them dearly. My parents are my world. I don’t talk to strangers. This is who I am and this is the life I live and I fill my days sitting and thinking, talking to my mother about life and going for walks near my home. I like drinking tea. I am happy in this life"
     "If only the government would see my position and help me, I would like that"
 
Dr Anirban Deep Banerjee, a neurosurgeon from Apollo Hospital, Kolkata, said:
     "I believe she is suffering from Neurofibromatosis but to confirm we would need to do a gene test. There's a possibility she has a tumour inside her face which could be fatal. Right now there is no way of knowing if she has tumour inside the extra skin and if left they could kill her."
     "If she's willing we would need to do a lot of tests to determine how successful surgery would be."

Source: Daily Star

71 comments:

STERN said...

LMAO India and juju

Unknown said...

Blood of Jesus. What's wrong with India?
~D great anonymous!

Davido's driver said...

:( this life

Davido's driver said...

What a sad tale.

Unknown said...

INDIA AGAIN? God I hope that she gets a miracle. Not from krishna but from you O Lord.

Blog It With Olivia said...

Jesus Christ!




















-#iT wiLL oNLy gEt beTTer
-#It MuSt eNd In PrAise

Anonymous said...

Top 10 Amber Rose and Kim Kardashian Nude Pics You Must See(18+ Photos),Click here to see photos


OMG! Upcoming Female Singer Nude photos leaked online,She's dipping her fingers to her p*ssy.So tight.(Photos 18+)

Unknown said...

God hv mercy. And I'm here complaining.

Blog It With Olivia said...

Jesus Christ


















-#iT wiLL oNLy gEt beTTer
-#It MuSt eNd In PrAise

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeyah! It is well with her. I admire her courage. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeyah! It is well with her. I admire her courage. Linda take note!

Bonita Bislam said...

OMG*wipes tears*
Its just not the sight of her face that touched,but also her words.They possess a ring of acceptance,gratefulness & inspiration.Oh sweet Jesus! I pray help locate her asap.
I'm touched by her unwavering faith.

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeyah! It is well with her. I admire her courage. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

"After these things, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram, I am your Shield, your abundant compensation, and your reward shall be exceedingly great." (Genesis 15:1)

6boy said...

MEHN...shit got real..#6

Unknown said...

Ewo!

aproko manager said...

Jesus

Unknown said...

Ewo!

Unknown said...

God help her

Unknown said...

My godness

Damilola said...

And here we are complaining about the secondary things in life. God bless u lil girl and make u happy

Unknown said...

Heyyyy but wait ooo I wan ask smthing why plenty bad tins dey happen 4 india....my dear God wil see u 2tru anyway.

Anonymous said...

Lord have mercy and forgive me for my ungratefulness. And there I was crying over my life but I have it good. Sometimes we get caught up in our problems and fail to see that our perceived problems could be someone else's miracle. I am sure she would give anything to be me while I am busy crying over things I have and don't have. Lord let your perfect will continue to be done and help us as humans to not forget our humanity.

Unknown said...

Hian!
Indian with mysterious deformities.
Just pity the poor girl!

Unknown said...

So sad... But what can we do to help?

Anonymous said...

I Pray God grant her peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

Why this mysterious things always in Indian

Unknown said...

Speechless.

Unknown said...

For window blinds, wallpaper and curtain please call 08160856785.

MADE IN NIGERIA said...

Oh Jesus!!! Thank you lord for your mercies, thank you for how you created me.....wow!! Am speechless. Poor girl

Unknown said...

Allahu Akbar!

andre kelvin said...

Na wa

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
.
God.... People are really suffering.....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

ary said...

Why do they have these weird diseases in India? Always gory looking!

Unknown said...

Nothing person no go see and hear for this world.

Anonymous said...

This India sef nah wah.

PURPLE said...

Why always india nau?

Debbie Chelsea said...

Choi....it is well

Unknown said...

This could be as a result of taking too much /many herbs. Herbs do not have dosage. Indians like natural medicine and self medication alot.

Unknown said...

My dear pls risk d surgery, wherever it leads, whether life or death, it is gain. What a world!

tahar said...

Subhanalahi

tahar said...

Subhanalahi

Unknown said...

GOD have mercy

Unknown said...

Kai kai...my God

Cinnamon Apple said...

Jesus is Lord

SMURF said...

How does she feed?

junia said...

Lord ve mercy

Unknown said...

So sad!!! Teary eyes here!!! It's well with u girl and GOD will strengthen you mentally and I pray there's a way out surgically.....GODBLESSU!!!

Unknown said...

Things are really happening in india

Unknown said...

Chai!! This is too bad, pls government shld cum to her aid..

Adaobilinda her sexcellency said...

I feel for her.

Alhaja said...

I appreciate her faith. God will see her through in sha Allah.

Anonymous said...


Wonders of life, God wil be your strength Khadijat.

Unknown said...

There is nothing impossible for our God. This is for His Name to be glorify.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

God is wonderful

Unknown said...

Cases like this show that we are only healthy and physically complete ONLY by chance. We live by the mercy of God - on our own, we can do NOTHING. May God send help to you N yours young lady, Amen.

Anonymous said...

Everything is as a result if the incest they practice, Same family members copulation will result in abnormal foetus

Unknown said...

Most of you complaining about India dis India dat, lemme tell U, Just be grateful to God for how he made you physically perfect, bcos such deformities sef dey Nigeria......I live in Port Harcourt and I see so many people with deformities on traffic begging for help......people are really suffering.........God I thank you for making me me, I am so grateful Lord for everything U have done for me, I might not have everything I want at d moment, but it's okay cos those things are secondary, Thank you God for giving me all the primary and fundamental things that I need......Forgive my complaints Lord....and continuously protect and Give me good health!I say these through Jesus Christ our Lord: Amen.....

Anonymous said...

You're bush. Read neurofibromatosis

Anonymous said...

You're bush. Don't believe I neurofibromatosis or leprosy or malaria or headaches then. Not everything is juju.God knows

Juleslouis said...

All this happens only in india. Nawah

TAMARA SPLASH said...

Only in india

Sweet Ama said...

You're just a full time Mgbakwu..how could u be laughing your ass off..anyways you're laughing at ur stupidity. ..how silly...it's not funny at all...

mira cookie said...

I wonder oooo....always India with skin conditions dat are unimaginable

Anonymous said...

Dis is definitely not frm d Lord and if u check spiritually check d background u wil surely know d cause.

Comment frm ROYAL PRIESTHOOD (royalpriesthood007@gmail.com)

Lifematters-Mattersoflife(PEOPLE AND SOCIETY) said...

Jesus , i thank you, leaves me to wonder why some people want to commit suicide because they feel they are ugly or because someone disappointed them when they have a face at least while some persons whose cases are pathetic wish to stay alive no matter what it takes,May Khadija live to fulfill purpose.

Anonymous said...

linda mind urself o! what kind of nonsense is this eh!

Unknown said...

I hate it so much when I complain about the things I don't have. Lord have mercy. your blessings are sufficient.

Unknown said...

This Stern guy is so daft! Must everything be as a result of juju?





















#TeamBlessed#

Temi OmoAde... said...

Wonders

Anonymous said...

Her mouth is inviting, moist, and sexual. I am intrigued. Hard as Jesus Rock

Recent Posts