'I'm tired of all the Messi comparisons' - Cristiano Ronaldo | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 6 November 2015

'I'm tired of all the Messi comparisons' - Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is tired of comparisons with Barcelona rival Lionel Messi and understands why some people must dislike his personality or the ways he sees football. Speaking ahead of the release of his personal film "Ronaldo", the FIFA World Player of the Year told Reuters TV that he is "not a fake person."
"I have my style, he has his style, his own style," he said of Messi, his greatest rival. "We have to respect that people compare all the time. And it is normal, we are compared since we are babies, I don´t mean me and Messi but all the persons in school. Who is more clever, who is more fast, it´s normal, it´s part of the life.
"It does not surprise me any more but some times it makes me tired because it´s always same thing and they still repeat and repeat, one year, another year, every year."

Critics say the Portugal forward's celebrations sometimes have an air of arrogance or egoism about them. Added to the fact that Ronaldo is never shy to show his muscles or make defiant gestures after scoring. He startled the audience at this year's World Player of the Year award by bellowing "Sim" (yes) into the microphone after he was announced as the Balloon d'or 2014 winner.

Asked why people may dislike him, Ronaldo said:
"Maybe the way I am, my personality, the way I see football. I´m not a fake person. It´s normal, it´s part of the business. No one can control that,"
Ronaldo's film, due to be released on Nov 9, depicts the striker as a family man and shows how he lives on and off the pitch.

In a separate interview with the BBC, Ronaldo described himself as "unbelievable on the pitch."
"I don't need to say 'I'm in the history of football, I'm a legend'. The numbers say everything," he said.
"I have to say to be in my shoes is not easy. But I'm not complaining. I just want to say that. I feel happy. All this happens because of a reason. The reason is I'm unbelievable inside the pitch."
"This is why the people have so much interest on me. So it's as simple as that. I'm good, I'm happy, I'm motivated all the time. I'm very professional and I want to carry on like that."

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting messy

Lesbianism scandal hits Kogi university, sex video goes viral (Download)

Unknown said...

I like messi more

Unknown said...

Fans won't stop comparing the both of them.
He should be used to that by now.


Sincerely speaking the mind of Amadioha

AC£S said...

All part of football

Anonymous said...

My dear oooo
I don't blame him at all
Weneva tins turn out like dis it leads 2 bad news
I love dis guy he is a careful human being
#oneandonlynwa@gmail.com#

Unknown said...

Well, he is right cos I'm also tired too. Dey are both good at what dey do. Linda take note!

Ngene Olivia said...

The ish dey tire me sometimes sef. Hearing boys blab about that.



















#It WiLL oNLy gEt beTTer
#iT MuSt eNd IN pRAisE

Unknown said...

Well, he is right. I'm also tired too, dey are both good at what dey do. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Ppl shud stop comparing them both...they're two different individuals with amazing talent.

Unknown said...

Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer of all time.

Bonita Bislam said...

He has a point.8+1=9, and so is 7+2 & 5+4.Moral lesson; respect everybody's. way of doing things.

Unknown said...

Nice speech..

SMURF said...

Good for him or them.

Anonymous said...

He has tell himself that to make him push himself

BONARIO NNAGS said...

Messi and Ronaldo are gifts to our generation, we should sit back and be entertained.
While Ronaldo is the world's best player, Messi is out of this world.


~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

ary said...

I love this guy! He talks tough and acts it. He owns it!!

Unknown said...

Let pple jez stop the comparison

Victor Emeka Isaac said...

True talk






Also Check www.vabadon.com

Anonymous Personified said...

It is called GRACE. Love me some Ronaldo. He's truly unbelievable on the pitch.

Go C. Ronaldo!

Haters over to una..

Anonymous said...

Stop comparisons biko. everybody is wonderfully and beautifully made in his or her own way.

Unknown said...

Sure, you are a boss like that. #BeYou

Unknown said...

Good for him,I wish you all the best. TIMILEYIN BLESSING

Unknown said...

For me, He's the greatest player that ever walked on this planet.

seeker! said...

Ronaldo we love you!

Unknown said...

I wish u well bro. (Linda's finest)

yawanow said...

Messi is a football god while hez a legend.

Unknown said...

Its healthy comparisons. So no big deal about that.






















#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

Its healthy comparisons. So no big deal about that.






















#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

its just the way the world works, comparison makes you a better person at what you do. it keeps you on your feet.

Advertising and Forms Of Advertising

Unknown said...

Too egotiscal!

Unknown said...

I prefer RONALDO any time any day...




Comment frm ROYAL PRIESTHOOD (royalpriesthood007@gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

Ronaldo keep blazing the trail.

U ar d best

Anonymous said...

Are you a model or Aspiring Model and your pictures and to go round social media for jobs and profiling? If yes Add BBM: 2BCF882B

Unknown said...

na dem sabi... Double your hustle

Unknown said...

I like c ronaldo sha
~D great anonymous!

Unknown said...

He should just accept Messi is far better than Him. #LOBATAN

Unknown said...

Its 'SII'

Unknown said...

Its 'SII'

Unknown said...

Ur name says it all

Unknown said...

Mumu dt niger is humble....i like dem both...dey are two legend dt came out dsame time

Busy Type said...

That's what comes with fame! Do not let obstacles stop you. It will not be easy but it is worth it... http://www.busytype.com/2015/11/finish-line.html

Busy Type said...

That's what comes with fame!

Recent Posts