Linda the MC | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 14 March 2010

Linda the MC


I did my first MC gig yesterday. Can you guys believe it??? I swear I can’t! Lol.
A few people have asked me to MC their event in the past but I always say no no no! The thing is I feel like I don’t speak very well, so I try as much as possible to avoid any situation where I could embarrass myself. That’s why I am a blogger and not a TV presenter :-).

But then I agreed to do the show yesterday...because someone mentioned cute guys. I’m shameless I swear. lol

The MTN Lagos Polo Tournament 2010 has been going on for about two weeks now at the Lagos Polo club... (The tournament ended today). They had a fashion and music event there yesterday.

The designers contacted me to provide models for the show, which I did. Then a day before the show, one of them contacted me again and asked if I could MC for them. I said - I don’t think I can, I’ve never done that before. She said - there’s always a first time, besides there are a lot of cute, single guys at the event. I said – what time do you want me there? lol

So I went and I did my thing. Didn’t know I could pull it off but I did.

And no, there weren’t that many cute guys there. I was deceived...lol

But I had fun. We went to Auto Lounge for the after party, and then proceeded to Lolu Sodeinde’s Rehab on Ajose Adeogun, V/I, where we partied till 5 in the morning. I need to party more often - I had a blast!

My very good friend, Andy, was there to help cordinate the show.
My dress is by one of the designers at the show yesterday - TYL Couture.
Will see if I can get you pictures from the event later.

Have a fantastic week ahead everyone.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your dress linda

Anonymous said...

sure you don't have a man miss ikeji?Saw you and that mensah dude again at Rehab

You two looked cozy Let us in on the deal.Nice catch dude is hot!!!

OK said...

Your dress fits you well. And as much as u write well, am sure u did good MCing.

OK said...

your dress fits u well Linda.
And am sure that as much as u write well, u will do even better MCing.

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon 9:51...lol at ur comment.

wienna said...

Hmmm...back to black, i see, Linda. You should've given that person a dirty slap on the behind for deceiving you like that. After all that expectation. I been wan watch out for some lovely juicy man pics.

Glad you had a go at the job and had fun.

Anonymous said...

I saw u and d mensah dude as well
Ope it works out for you both Linda
Im not happy ur back to black and long center parted hair..

Linda Ikeji said...

@2:08am...Matthew is just a dear friend...there's nothing to work out there. I'm 100% single...

Dith said...

nice dress!

Mena Ukodoisready said...

ERM did someone say Mensah is hot? No offence to anyone but the guy has the 'lollipop' look. Big head on skinny body with opoloish eyes. (no beef,am just keeping it real here)

Linda if you are seeing him and he treats you like the lady you are, by all means go for it...but people shouldnt say he is 'hot' shuo?

LNGKM!

Anonymous said...

This Linda Ikeji/Mensah gist is becoming strong.....Confirm or deny it-o.

Meanwhile, the dress is beautiful but the bag...NO NO NO. A purse would have been a lot better

Linda Ikeji said...

@Mena...seriously I don't know why I'm even responding to all this. But NO I'm not seeing anyone at the moment (unfortunately...*cry*..lol). But I don't agree with u, I think Mensah's quite good looking...I see the way girls come around him. Besides he has a lovely heart which is even more important.

Admin said...

linda,linda,i gbadun you jare,carry on if you dey date matthew and why didnt u put it up here that you were featured on 234next?

Linda Ikeji said...

You guys please cut the crap abeg. U think if there was something going on between us I'd upload ur comments for the world to see? I'm not that silly
@Muyiwa...putting up the interview didnt occur to me...
@Dith.. thanks babe...

Anonymous said...

You looked good & yes you should have carried a smaller bag!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fade said...

Was at the event on saturday,you did a good job> i dint even know it was you at first,was searching for the person with the lovely voice.

Single guys at the polo event ke, more like married guys and women seeking to find a wealthy benefactor

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful and your hair was good. I love that dress! I may buy one for summer. Linda, the right man will show up at the right time. It is better to wait and laugh than rush and cry!

Linda Ikeji said...

@Fade..u r too kind. Thanks babe
@anon 3:37 - thanks. and u are right.

london cham said...

i have like 3 dresses from Toyin a la TYL Couture.

She's great and makes dresses perfect esp for tall girls like me

BB said...

Wow, awesome dress Linda!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mathews ONLY saving grace is the "yellow skin" syndrome.
As they say if you want to TRUELY know who is hot and or goodlooking,imagine them dark-skinned.
ANYBODY becomes hot when classed as yellow..it's just us black peoples mentality.
The majority of "wowo" yellow people who get the good looking pass all because of their skin tone is appalling.

nonimus said...

at Anon 10:06am;
it doesn't take much to figure out that you are not "yellow" or "light skinned." Do you go about also protesting the number of "white" people or "Indians" or "middle easterners" that get called beautiful because of their hair or their skin color? If yellow is what appeals to people, it is what appeals to them simple. If dark skin is what people prefer, that is what they prefer. You shouldn't have to imagine any one dark before you decide whether or not they are beautiful. Do you imagine Caucasians or Asians dark skinned before you classify them as beautiful? Your point is just foolish and senseless talk at best.
....And no I am not yellow!!!! I am African/Nigerian.

nonimus said...

Also, good skin, no matter what color, is a huge part of beauty.....

afrochic said...

ur truly a bundle of talents. Congrats on this achievement. what should we expect next? let me guess, nollywood!!! but sista, ur in dire need of a stylist o. U seem 2 have challenges co-ordinating ur outfits, hair & accessories 4 major events. That bag was a definite no-no.

Recent Posts