Amos Adamu suspended for 3 years and fined by FIFA | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 18 November 2010

Amos Adamu suspended for 3 years and fined by FIFA

Nigeria's Amos Adamu has been suspended from all footballing activity by FIFA's Ethics Committee for three years and fined $10,000. It means he will not be able to vote on which countries will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cup. The move follows allegations that he asked for money in return for voting on World Cup hosting rights.

Adamu's statement protesting his innocence and vowing to fight the ruling when you continue...

"I am profoundly disappointed with the Ethics Committee's findings and had honestly believed I would be exonerated of any charges by now. I am innocent of all the charges leveled against me by the Ethics Committee and I completely refute the decision they have made. I will be lodging a full appeal against it with immediate effect." he said.

2 comments:

surprise said...

I am surprised that Adamu is contesting FIFA's verdict. Every body knows that he is 'guilty as charged based on the damning evidence made available

Angelo said...

Murfukas disgracin Naija all in da name of reppin her. AMOS ADAMU is a disgrace to dis nation. Thank God thangs re changin 4 da better. Exposure time!

Recent Posts