Agbani Darego quote | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Agbani Darego quote























"Quite a lot of things have changed  about me. But as much as I'm still the same person, I will always be Agbani Darego, from Port Harcourt, Nigeria and I still have my family. In some ways I have been exposed to a lot of work. I'm a bit more experienced than before. Personally I guess I have changed, I've been forced to become another person. But deep down I'm still the same girl from Nigeria. I attend New York University. I am a Psychology major, in my final year now, in no time, I will be done. Understanding how the mind works give you an edge over people, that's why I chose Psychology. I'm  like a bookworm. I love to read, that's my hobby. I'm happy when I grab a book to read. Then being able to visualise a designer's concept and give him the image he is looking for. That, for me, is like a perfect marriage, a perfect world of a designer, photographer and a model." ~ Agbani Darego

I've been forced to become another person? Wonder what she meant by that. But anyway, Agbani is one of the most humble people I know. It's a toss up between her and Tuface Idibia. Seriously the way she carries herself and relates with people, you would never guess she was the first (and only) black African Miss World. Yes I'm proud to say I know her personally :-). Knew her before she became a beauty queen. She was an aspiring model in those days; totally proud of what and who she is now.

Interview - Encomium Magazine
Picture - Bellanaija

3 comments:

Udegbunam Chukwudi said...

Life is all about changes. That's probably what she means by "I've been forced to become another person.

Sometimes you've just got to bend the rules to get what you want.

I'm yet to see any haute couture pics of hers. I'mm just curious as to whether she can pull off FIERCE!

BB said...

I agree with the first poster.

Go homegirl., Agbani - U rock!!

plebian said...

I really admire the way that she carries herself! I'll never forget her title or achievements! I wish her many more years of success whether in front of the camera or out of showbiz.

More grease to your elbows, Agbani! We love you sha!

Recent Posts