Girl, 25, looking for a wealthy partner - culled from GQ Magazine.. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Girl, 25, looking for a wealthy partner - culled from GQ Magazine..
























My name is Nancy, Please help me I don't know what I am doing wrong?


Ok, I’m tired of beating about the bush. I'm a beautiful (Spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million dollars a year. I know how that sounds but bear in mind half a million is middle class in New York City, so i don't think I’m over reaching.

Are there any guys who make $500k or more who could send me some tips? I've date a business man who on average of $200- $250k, but that's where i seem to hit a roadblock. 250k won't get me to central west park.

I know a woman in my Yoga class who is married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, yet she is not as pretty as I am, nor is she a genius. So what's she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions

1. Where do single rich guys hang out?
2. What are they looking for?
3. Why are some plain Janes married to extremely wealthy guys
4. What kind of jobs should these men have?
5. Most importantly how do you decide on marriage instead of dating

P.S looking for marriage only. Please in replying hold your insults, I wouldn't be looking for these kinda guys if I couldn't match them in looks, sophistication, culture and keeping a nice beautiful home.

Response from a guy named John


Hello,

I read your posting with interest and have thought about your dilemma.
Here's my analysis. (And I am not wasting your time, I make over 500K a year, I fit your bill)
Your offer from the perspective of a guy like me is just a really bad business deal. What you suggest is a simple trade. You bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, but here's the pain.

My money will probably continue into perpetuity, in fact it's likely my income will increase but it's an absolute certainty that you won't be getting anymore beautiful. So in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and i' m a growing asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation is accelerating. You are 25 now and will probably stay hot for another 5 years, but less each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35, stick a fork in you.

In Wall Street terms you're a "trading position" not a “buy and hold" hence the problem with your word Marriage. It doesn't make business sense to "buy you" (which is what you are asking). So I’d rather lease. Lest you think me cruel, I add this, if my money where to vanish so would you, so when your beauty fades I need a way out as well. Thus a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

I've learnt about efficient markets. So I wonder why a girl “as spectacularly beautiful and classy" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy, if you are so gorgeous. It's hard to believe the $500k hasn't found you, even if only for a try out.

You could always make your own money, then we wouldn't need to have this conversation. I hope this helps. If you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.
***

Damn!!!
Imagine the look on Nancy's face after reading John's reply...
LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok now to b fair i think she deserved that.....well put

TKB's thoughts said...

funny but true, john's response is true to point, though cruelly put.Happy New Year Linda, and to all you bloggers.

la~pimpette said...

oh my gawwsshh!!! Well deserved come back!!

aYOmIde said...

Enuf said!!!

Dith said...

LMAO!! Well damn! He sure told her

Anonymous said...

lol...nice comeback.

doll (retired blogger) said...

Nice one. I luv the response...so on point

Myne said...

I'm sure she will find what she's looking for soon.

DorisSimeonAdeminokanFan said...

She should take that advice serously and make something out of her life.

He would feel he disgraced me, but he wouldn't know he blessed her instead.

Funmy said...

Oops,that was a well-deserved comment.The girl was being too greedy but I guess she found her match.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Recent Posts