Personality: Alex Okosi | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 5 August 2007

Personality: Alex Okosi



Let me start by saying that this guy is not very photogenic. He looks ok in pictures, but he's stunning in real life. This is the only guy in my life I couldn't take my eyes off. He was talking to me but I wasn't listening, I was looking at his lips, hands, groin area, my imagination running wild lol. Met him only once but 'twas a memorable meeting. Not only is he crazily good looking, he's very tall (6 '4'), athletic built, very down to earth, friendly, and has a great mind. Incredible guy.

This guy needs no introduction. Who hasn't heard of him and his achievement at such a young age?

For those who don't know him, Alex Okosi is a 32 year old, Nigeria-born and U.S.-bred, who has spent the last three years building what now is one of the fastest-growing international outposts of the farthest-reaching cable channel in the world--MTV.

He went to the US as a kid on holiday to see his siblings and decided to stay there and complete his education. He had his high school education at Philip Exeter Academy, and his university education at St Michael's University Vermont USA, where he studied Business and Economics.

He joined the MTV New York team in 1998, where he worked in the sponsorship development and trade-marketing group, before joining the MTV Networks affiliate sales and marketing team in Los Angeles in 2000.

He joined MTV Networks International in 2003 and had to move from the US to London. He was the brain behind the launch of MTV base, MTV's first channel for Africa in 2004. Alex was formerly the vice president and GM of MTV Networks Africa, but was recently (June 2007) promoted to the new role of senior vice president and MD, MTV Networks Africa.

Okosi is responsible for all aspects of MTV Networks Africa’s business operations, with the ongoing task of growing MTVNI’s brands in key territories as well as launching viable radio, mobile and online offerings that will resonate with consumers in Africa. He's also responsible for strategic direction, day-to-day operations and management of MTV's African bouquet of five music and kids' channels, including MTV base (MTV's new pan-African music television service), VH1, MTV and Nickelodeon. He oversees a network of staff based in multiple sites across Africa and Europe and covering a wide range of functions from Programming and Production to Music programming, Talent & Artist Relations, Transmission, and Marketing.

This is what Alex had to say about being single: “I am now focused on this project. But that does not mean I will not marry. I will marry when I find the right woman. A woman that is focused, ambitious, honest and caring. Yes, I will definitely marry a Nigerian" A Nigerian called Linda Ikeji? In my dreams I know lol.

Okosi says of his appointment: “My appointment as the General Manager of MTV Networks Africa is like a dream come true. I left my MBA education to do this. You don’t just dump your education to do something unless you have a strong passion for it. I believe in Nigeria, I believe in Africa and I believe we have lots of talents here and I would want to add to them.”



I love reading about young achievers, it inspires me to want to work harder and achieve more. Alex is a true inspiration. His meteoric rise is phenomenal. I remember the advise he gave me when we met, he said it's never easy, but be focused and dedicated to whatever you do and try to network and get others involved in your work...I remember that all the time. Great guy!
Oh by the way, this is what my dream man looks like...or something close! Hotness! Some woman goes back to this body every night? Lucky wench! lol

1 comment:

JustPorsh said...

Yaaaayyy!
My possible future friend-in-law!

http://justporsh.blogspot.com

Recent Posts