THE BEST FEMALE VOICE OF ALL TIME? | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 8 April 2007

THE BEST FEMALE VOICE OF ALL TIME?

Which female singer has the best voice of all time? There are so many talented singers with powerful voices, women like Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Kelly Clarkson, Celine Dion, and so many others, but there are those whose voice are astounding. Below are four of my all time best voices. Mariah Carey has been said to have the highest octave in the world (8 octave)...meaning she can sing the Opera. Whitney and Beyonce both have 5 octaves.
So who has the best voice? Check out my top four!

Christina Aguilera?


Whitney Houston?


Beyonce?


Mariah Carey?

Something tells me I've missed a name or two. If you know anyone who should be nominated, do let me know. But I don't want to hear Toni Braxton, She has a great voice no doubt about it but not in the league of the ones listed above.

So who do you choose?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, Linda, Linda, Reading my ramblings seems to be rubbing off on you. While you did mention Diana Ross, you missed another singer from Motown named Mary Wells. You also failed to mention a couple of singers who have been singing since before all these new fangled studio tricks and sound altering devices came around that can make juat about any one sound good. I'm speaking of Ella Fitzgerald,Lema Horne and Billie Holiday. These women all have natural voices that are so sweet and smooth that you don't know whether to listen to them or pour them over ice cream like chocolate syrup. THE PHANTOM

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon.Maybe I should have said best voice in the last 20yrs?I dont know any of this women u mentioned...except Billie Holiday. I cant put them on my list bcos I dont know how they sounded.That's why I asked for more names. Thanks for the enlightenment though!

Anonymous said...

I'll go for mariah anyday

Anonymous said...

Linda, I must agree with you,I really dont know the names anonymous above has mentioned.How can their names be mentioned when they are not even known?

Anonymous said...

Where's celine, Linda!

Anonymous said...

Meeen, right now, i'm feeling Christina Aguilera, did u see her performance in dis year's Grammys. Dat girl killed d stage o but i'm not really feeling d 1920s style of music she's heading into these days. I'm not so sure about Whitney Houston anymore,i think her season is over. Girrrrl, how can u forget Mary J Blige, Aretha Franklin etc.

Unknown said...

Hey Linda, been a while. I'll go for Whitney Houston any day... with a close follow up by Mariah Carey. Whitney has strength in her voice - something all these new singers don't have. Whitney sounds the same on stage and in the studio, Beyonce cannot do half of what she does in her CDs on stage... and so are many others.

Anonymous said...

the best female voice is ma girl beyonce

LurLar said...

I would have voted for Whitney Houston,but Christina Aguilera just has dis breath taking voice dat makes me wanna listen to her forever.

Linda Ikeji said...

@tayo.i need ur opinion about Soyinka and Achebe.what's ur blog name?

Anonymous said...

yeah right, which kain beyonce fantasia should be on that list. i love xtina sha.

Anonymous said...

CELINE DION!!!!WHERE SHE @?

SET said...

Where is Celine Dion?

SET said...

Sorry, Mine is Celine I didnt see her name at first glance. I saw her live in Vegas she is the best voice ever.

Anonymous said...

whitney, mariah, christina, celine dion in that order... beyonce's a bit further down the list.. .aretha's up there too...

Recent Posts