Saint Obi quote | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 23 July 2007

Saint Obi quote

I wanted to give y'all Naija gists today, but I was very busy at work...so instead, I'll give you this quote from one of Nollywood's hottest actors, Obinna Nwafor, popularly known as Saint Obi. He secretly got married some days back...here's what he had to say about that...


Why the secret wedding?
Saint "The truth of the matter is this. I talked so much about my relationships and they never worked. Since then, I decided to keep my relationship quiet. And by the special grace of God, I'm not stopping on that path. With due respect to all my lovely fans out there, my mouth is shut."



How did he meet his wife?
Saint "Like I said, what is important to me is that something positive happened in my life. Honestly from experience, most relationships that are celebrated on the pages of newspapers don't really make it. Honestly, I want to make a success of where I am and one of the ways of making a success of where I am is to keep my mouth shut."

Why doesn't he want to talk about his married life?
Saint "Anybody who knows me well can confirm I don't jump here and there like most artiste. I let my work speak for me. I think sometimes when you are silent, you speak volume. What's important is what the focus is. It's not talking too much and at the end of the day, it's an empty drum."


I picked this portion out from his interview because he said when relationships are celebrated, it hardly works out. I totally disagree with that, more uncelebrated marriages are packing up everyday, but it's not on the pages of newspapers and magazines because they are not known, it's only the crash of celebrity relationships we get to hear about...but how many out of the several that we have?

Whether you talk about your marriage or not, if it won't work out, it won't work out. I don't think talking about it or not has a role to play in the success of any relationship and I also don't think it's a crime to talk about how you met your partner...what's the big the deal in that? But like they say, different strokes for different folks.

People let's talk about this...is talking about your relationship bound to make it crash faster than not talking about it? Please send in your opinion.

8 comments:

Ms. Catwalq said...

yes and no.
it depends on whom you talk to, what you talk about and why you talk about what you talk about.
How is it going girl?
we need to talk o

Thirty + said...

I am first!

My answer is yes, for a lot of marriages that don't work whether celebrity or not do have negative contribution from external influence. But while in a non celebrity marriage this external influence is limited to your friends and family, if you are public figure the whole world knows your business, watch your every move.

Of course it all boils to the individuals involve but the way i see it is this, I can cope better with having only 1 or 2 people know i bedwet or get shit for body than have the whole world know. I'll rather have my wig fall off infront of my friends with no cameras than seeing the incident all over the billboard.

My point is long after you have forgotten about issues you may have in your marriage the press have a way of rekindling past pains and scratching old wounds.

Take Price William and Kate, overheard that the whole shenedigan about their breakup was played by the two because they just wanted the press off their backs.

So while it is true marriages are breaking up everywhere you will agree the society we are in does not do much to help. I don't remember the last time I opened the paper and actually read about how a particular couple are best in town the guy takes son to soccer the girl is fab as a mum, it's mostly XXX found cheating, or something damning like that.

Sorry i took the whole space o

Anonymous said...

i think what he is trying to say is that as a celeb when pple know who u r dating, they start trying to find means of starting rumors just to ensure a breakup. i am goods friend with some and they says exactly the same thing all the time ,dats why most times they lie about their relationship status cos once pple or the press find out who the person is they start to orchestrate and plot drama dat might not even exist. Now what i don't agree with is hiding your spouse after a wedding, i dont see any sense in dat...my 2kobo...

Anonymous said...

I see where he's coming from as a celeb and yes,marriages are packing up regardless. I believe too much media focus on your private live does, in most cases, have a negative impact, especially if the attention comes at the early stage of your relationship/marriage.Jessica SImpson and Rick take the hat here as the purrrfect e.g of 'air and tear'.

Also, the ordinary man finds it easy to end his marriage for the same factor that a celeb labels a criteria for marital success: Privacy -'No one sees our laundry however it looks.

On another note, My sister sees wedding sites as 'giving room for your dirt to go public'. It is a way of self-proclaimation ain't it? Even the popular dianddee site didn't cut it for her.lol.What do y'all think?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

My opinion is ....


TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! LOL...

I guess, he's been there, done that now? Abi? He's tried it one way and he didn't succeed, I think he should try keeping his mouth shut this time around but if that doesn't work........

Anonymous said...

well i happen to think that its all about personal committments. i believe that the publicity may have some negative effects but ultimately its up to the couple to make it work.

Anonymous said...

i couldnt care less about him or his marriage.. worreva!

Anonymous said...

it all boils down to you and your spouse. See, your relationship is bound to last longer and stronger if it's only btw both of you, if you have a friend come in, then there's this advise and that, but with so many people, it's not so easy to concentrate unless you are really up to it.. I think I am down with Obi, we are unique and are different, because my father was a university graduate doesn't mean I should, he might advise, but it's still me..

Recent Posts