I would’ve burnt my PDP card & party flag if Sheriff had won at the Supreme court– Ayo Fayose | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 15 July 2017

I would’ve burnt my PDP card & party flag if Sheriff had won at the Supreme court– Ayo Fayose

Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, says he would have burnt his PDP membership card and the party's flag if the Supreme Court had given judgement in favor of former Borno state governor, Ali Modu Sheriff. On July 12th, the apex court ruled that Ahmed Makarfi is the authentic chairman of the party.

Sheriff and Makarfi have been fighting for control of the party for years now. Makarfi had dragged Sheriff to the apex court after the Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt ruled in March that Sheriff was the authentic National Chairman of the party.

Speaking to a mammoth crowd that came to welcome him from Abuja yesterday, Fayose said
"I went to court with a perfume which I wanted to use to spray my cards and party flags and set them ablaze even within the court premises if Sheriff had won, that was why I went to court. Though, I believe that we remain the same PDP family but no one can cause our party such pains and embarrassment and expect that he would go without being asked to account for his actions. Even the reactions of Sheriff people shows that we remain together. But the no victor, no vanquished that we said was a mere political slogan. Whoever that participated in this charade must show some reasonable level of remorse for their actions”, he said

No comments:

Recent Posts