Femi Kuti speaks on his Grammy nomination | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Femi Kuti speaks on his Grammy nomination
























Femi Kuti has been nominated for the 2010 Grammy awards in the category of Best Contemporary World Music for his album, Day by Day alongside Malian Oumu Sangare, Amadou and Mariam, Bela Fleck of the USA and Omar NOsa of Cuba. This is his second nomination. He was first nominated in 2003 for his album Fight to Win.

“I was shocked and surprised when I heard” Femi said “It was something I least expected or even thought about it. I was even worried about my generator that broke down at The Shrine. They had just given us high quotation. There was no light. So, I was just complaining about the whole situation and then a text came in. I was very happy and excited. So the Grammy people are listening to my works, so they have nominated me? That’s good. I am very happy"

He deserves it! Congrats!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#lightupnigeria!!! Linda please join twitter!

Anonymous said...

Well done Femi, i love your music and you are such a great man.

Nollywood Forever said...

Wow Congrats to Femi! That certaainly is something to be proud of.

Abiola Olumuyiwa said...

muyiwa:femi baba,congrats on ur grammy awards nomination.i hope and pray u win the award.God bless!

Recent Posts