Living Single + Rhythm Unplugged and Zain Dynamix Youths Award | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 20 December 2008

Living Single + Rhythm Unplugged and Zain Dynamix Youths Award

Hi people, hope y'all are having an incredible time. I'm having a swell time shacking up with friends on the Island. My older sis has this flat on the Island that I usually take over by this time of the year, 'cos she likes to spend her Christmas abroad. Been here since Wednesday, kinda stopped working from the office. My guys come over here to talk to me about work and stuff and my mum has been calling my phone non stop, come home she says, come home and do what? Island sweet pass Surulere, leave me alone abeg...lol

So here's what I want us to talk about today. Is it OK for a single girl to LIVE ALONE? Is there anything wrong with it? Especially when your parents live in the same city? Some people have been encouraging me to rent my own flat and move out of my parents house. I've totally refused and I'm adamant about it...I want to go from my father's house to my husband's house, living alone is not something that I've ever considered, I doubt if I'll ever do it but there are lots of girls doing it. Is there anything wrong with it?
Pls share your thoughts.

Also, I got an email from someone asking how much it will cost for her to put stuff on my blog...HOW MUCH??? Ok here it is, I don't charge a dime. This is a social utility site and not a money making venture. I do this 'cos I enjoy it, it's not my day job lol, so if there's anything you want to share with other readers of this blog, just email it to me...I'll upload it with all pleasure and no charge to you...

Ok, check out pictures from the recently held Rhythm Unplugged show. I promised a few friends that I was going to go with them to this show, but when it came time to go....well, I have to do something about my lack of interest in going to social events...even weddings, and birthdays, and ...oh, I'm such a sad person...lol

Enough writing, enjoy the pix...
Thanks to purefoto.com

Ali Baba and Julius Agwu



Wildchild and BasketMouth


Who's this?


Julius


Djinee and MI

Banky W


Naeto C

Comedian Jedi


Kaffy and her girls?


Tuface and Sound Sultan


PSquare


Face








Wande Coal and Dbanj


Ikechukwu


Dbanj and Kaffy




That's it. Looked like it was a great show...

From that to another event that took place last weekend. The Zain Dynamix Awards
Enjoy...











The Kokomaster himself.
From that to something a little sad...I don't want to believe it but the story making the rounds now have it that Janet and JD have called it quits.
Read the story below...

Janet Jackson has split up with her long-term record producer boyfriend Jermaine Dupri, according to tabloid reports.
The couple has been an item for four years, and was only recently rumored to be planning to marry and start a family together.
However the National Enquirer claims Jackson and Dupri began battling over the failure of her recent tour, which he managed, and which ended with a string of canceled concerts because of illness and reports of poor ticket sales.
And sources tell the tabloid the 36-year-old has moved out of the superstar’s Los Angeles home, and they have agreed to spend time apart. The insider says, “Janet and Jermaine finally hit a wall. They were fighting over his management of her career. In the end, she decided to make a break.”
Representatives for the two have yet to comment on the reports.
Hopefully it's not true...
MTV Man of the Year

Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. is no longer just your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper. In fact, considering the way he’s been carrying around a guitar lately, you could be forgiven for wondering if he event wants to be a rapper anymore. But the fact remains that for 12 long months, no one dominated hip-hop like Wayne did. No one sold more records, generated more headlines or appeared on as many tracks. No one flooded the market with as much product, and — in a genre loaded with compelling characters — no one was as mercurial, controversial, hilarious and, well, bizarre as Weezy was.
I concur.

Tuface's new album

His new album is now in stores, go grab your own copy

Photo of the day

Madonna...without make-up
Not bad...only now I believe she's 50...lol

Thought of the day
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.
Waiting for your opinion on LIVING SINGLE...
See y'all in a bit.
Have a ball!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, u def need some fun in ur life. The show looks fun. Gurl, ain't nothing wrong with been single and still live with ur parent. As long as ur parent are not the controlling type, where they want to know every move u make. I think the reason young ladies, usually move out of their parent's house is because they want to be free and feel like an adult without hearing lectures from their parent all the time. I moved out of my parent's house, because my parent are very controlling and want to know every step I take, they are like dictators. But if not for that, I will like to marry my hubby from my parent's house.

classybabe said...

I was just having this discussion with my friends 'cause one of us just moved back to naija and is living on her own.I am not sure but i guess it depends on the family setting.
I hope Janet and JD did not split oh,i was rooting for them.

Anonymous said...

It depends on a lot of questions you must sincerely answer:
1. Some relationships are sweeter from afar and some get better with proximity...which category does ur r/ship with ur parents fall under?
2. Practical issues- is ur parents home close enough to ur place of work, worship and other important places to u?
3.Do u just want to grow by simply being on ur own?
4. Are ur parents maddeningly controlling? or just poke nose in an endearing way?
5 Can u be TRUSTED on ur own??? LOL...wink; wink;

Dith said...

um if u dont feel d need 2 move out then why do it?

however, here in the states, u'ld be considered a slacker cos ur still living with ur parents @ your age.

as 4 me if i feel comfy enough in my folks', then i dont see why i shld move.

U never gave a reason as 2 why u do not want to tho!
is it out of fear of being labelled wayward or what?
cos i know thats how single girls who live alone in nigeria are usually perceived as.

Dith said...

Btw I think that perception is that of crock bullshit!

Anonymous said...

living single is not advised in nigeria, you know why Linda

Anonymous said...

living single is not advised in nigeria, you know why Linda.please live with your parents till your husband comes along.
luv ya gurl

Anonymous said...

is that really MADGE?

SEXMACHINE said...

@1st anon- i agree with the first anon. Some parents are always after their daughters leaving the guys to rot away. Whereas the two deserves te same attention. I guess someone need to change something. Leaving alone could be the ultimate fun because of the opportunities.Got lots of experieces....!

Anonymous said...

There is nothin wrong with living with ur parents, particularly bcos of safety isues...crime and all that negative stuff that goes on in nija..u might be exposed to predators....ur parents dont sound like the controlling type merely bcos i dont hear u complaining about them....i lived on my own here for some years in the US b/4 i got married and experienced a great deal of respect from my parents who are the overbearing type...on the other hand..after visiting nija this summer with my children in my parents house..it was quite stifling and i really wasnt used to it...i guess my situation is different bcos i am married and had lived on my own before that for a while..

Mineexclusively said...

I guess it depends on where you reside. I know, if I was in Nigeria, I might stay with my parents for a while. When they start bugging me about getting married, then it is time to move out. Here, its no biggie. People move out their parents' house when they are 18.

I have been living alone for about 8 years now, and I totally love it. Won't have it any other way.

I say, if you don't have controlling parents, if you have your space, if you can come and go as you like, then nothing do you.

First time I am commenting. Nice blog you got. You rock!

Vera Ezimora said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with moving out, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with not moving out either.

lol @ Madonna's picture. I didn't even recognize her sef.

Would really love to get my hands on Tuface's new CD

The Boob Sistas said...

Linda, there is nothing wrong with living alone at your age. You know i've always encouraged you to move out of your parents house and rent your own place.

Merry Christmas babes and please don't forget to link my new blog to your blog roll.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Bankky W is soo cool... D'banj ever the same...lol cool that is. Ikechuuuuuuuukwu.. Tuface ever looking young, sexy and foine. Naeto C the credible rapper, PSquare will love to meet them and the rest of the naija celebs...lol see me oh, am star struck...lol.. Linda, notin do you na baba Jesu do you, keep on keeping on..lol

ibiluv said...

i know someone like you-u talk about the event-u even blog about it-then u dont attend.....neways thats ur choice

u wanna live alone-do it.....u dont wanna live alone...stay home with ur folks......

the dude is Shank-the Julie crooner-girl in red skirts-----i remember seeing her bum cheeks

SET said...

Interesting post, In other parts of the world it is very normal to live on your own. I am single and I live alone and I love it. I do not entertain or go out a lot and its my life. I make my rules and I am still responsible. I would not live with my parents if I didnt have to. I can not take the questioning parents cant help but do. Like 'Where are you going again? lol....Sometimes people are concerned what others will say bcus they are not married and live alone. Living for the satisfaction of others is not the route to go. Its about your personal belief and wants. If you are happy home with mom and dad, be there. The day will come when you will feel if u shud continue to stay or go.

Anonymous said...

if the place is convenient u can stay with ur parents if not get them a better apartment cos if u re working u certainly want comfort so u can be fine . i will still root with staying with ya folks till u re married but just get married on time or guys will just keep shying away n maybe thinking u re the mum of d house.the only prob with staying alone is that the independence and maybe financial muscle can scare guys , also u may lose some discipline....so u may ve 2 keep the place small n simple enuf,,,then u will be fine..best of luck

Recent Posts