10 things I can't imagine! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 18 April 2008

10 things I can't imagine!

Hey people, what's going on? I'm not feeling very well...see I haven't blogged much this week. I'm not even supposed to sit in front of my computer, my mum mustn't even catch me doing this. She gave me medicine about an hour ago and told me to go rest. Yeah, well I'm resting in front of my computer...lol! I am a strong woman sha, I will be fine!

I know a lot of you are wondering what's up with the magazine. The printers are taking forever in getting it out, but they've promised I will get it next week. Totally looking forward to that!

Meanwhile I've taken down all the pix on the side of my blog, hopefully opening this blog will be easier from now on.

Anyway, to today's topic. This evening my mum came back from an event to tell us an old neighbour, who was a rascal back then, is now a doctor. A doctor? I found it amazing, my younger sister said something that actually inspired this post. She said "I can't imagine him a doctor...like how?"

It got me thinking, what are those things I can't imagine? Do you ever think about that? No matter how much you try, you just can't conjure up those images or happenings? Well, here are my top 10 Things I can't imagine

I can't imagine...
1. 24/7 power supply in Nigeria.

Someone told me this will happen one day in Naija...I'm a believer...but I just can't imagine it. Can anyone who lives in Nigeria actually imagine uniterrupted power supply?...like, there's constant power every single minute of the day, every day of the week? If you can imagine it, then it means my mind ain't working right 'cos I can't.

I can't imagine...
2. Loosing my mum.
A year ago I came home crying. My mum ignored me through out. A few days later I asked her why she showed no concern when I was crying. She said "I'm not going to stop you from crying because I want you to cry now. It's better for you to cry now, than later in the future. So go on and cry" I never cried again.
I can't imagine never having her around. She's my strength. She's my everything.

I can't imagine...
3. Being depressed again.
A few years ago, the smallest thing would depress me. If I lost a client, money, or my business or love life wasn't going well, I would just fall into deep sadness, feeling like such a failure. But I've totally grown above that. Now, no matter how bad I have it, I am too too grateful for the gift of life and for everything I have and don't even have. If you have that kind of mindset, nothing will bring you down.

I can't imagine...
4. Sleeping with a married man
I told a friend once that I can never sleep with a married man and she said never say never. I might find myself in a situation where I have no choice. Well, first and foremost, we will always have choices. Secondly, when I had it so bad many years ago, when I was much younger and in the university, when I went for weeks without a dime in my pocket and days without food in my stomach, I never turned to these men. I can't imagine doing it now that I have enough money to take care of me...
I'm no miss goody two shoes, I have my off sides, but I'm too against the married man thingy. I'd rather sleep with 10 single guys in one night than one married man...that's how bad it is...lol!

I can't imagine...
5. Never having sex.
A friend told me sometime ago that she's never going to have sex again and I was alarmed. Never ever..? Like for real? I can't imagine never having sex. I mean I can imagine going without it for a long time, but never ever? forever ever?...ever ever? No man will go down there and wipe clean dem things? lailai! Give me saliva over water anyday...wink! lol!

I can't imagine...
6. Imagine my dad and mum having sex...
LOL! But they sure did...many many times. 'Cos they had seven of us. That must have been a lot of sex...just can't picture it.

I can't imagine...
7. Not having a business empire by 40.
I told a friend that I'm going to have a business empire by the time I'm 40. By business empire I mean one of the most read magazines in Africa, a reality TV show, a talk show, a style TV show, a production company, a cosmetics and clothing company, an events company. Maybe a fashion, modeling and beauty school...
She sniffed and said "All of this in this lifetime?
"I said not in this life...before I turn 40.
She said may God keep us alive to witness this
I said, God will keep you alive to witness it.
I have 13 years to go and everything is already in motion.
Like I always say, If you believe it, you can do it. And if you must dream, dream big!

I can't imagine...
8. Having a quiet wedding.
I pray to marry only once in my life and I can't imagine having a few guests at that once in a life time occasion. Some women are content with having a few family and friends at their special day and even be very secretive about it (like Beyonce). Me? lailai! If you can hear that I got some designer bags, how the hell aren't you going to hear about my wedding? The whole world must hear it o...and the whole world will be invited. lol. I don't care how rich or poor the hubby is, when I'm getting married, gongo aso...lol!

I can't imagine...
9. Never blogging.
I've been trying to imagine what will make me stop blogging...can't think of anything. I can take long breaks, but never blogging? My blogging will only stop when blogging doesn't exist anymore. What if my husband wants me to stop blogging? Hopefully he won't.

This will freak you out.
I can't imagine...
10. Nike Osinowo having sex.
LOL! When I first heard she was pregnant, I was like "how?" She sef dey do? lol. I can't just imagine any man hitting that. She's so prim and proper and looks so delicate, and you know polished, and untouchable...I just can't imagine dem two legs in the air...
Can you? lol!

If you wanna build your character, think this...believe this!
"This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision."

So what are the things you can't imagine?
Let me know. Kisses!

22 comments:

SARAH MAGES said...

linda dear: wonderful post this time though am wishing u well first. i love those "i cant imagine" write ups.
well, i 'cant imagine' the same on certain issues too.
Well done so far and remain blessed as He's the creator.

Anonymous said...

LOL ON NIKE OSINOWO. HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

get well sweatheart

Chari said...

omg omg omg!!!!!!

linda u have killed me!!!

hehehehe...

LOL @ no. 5 me too

no 6...me too..gosh I can't even fathom it

no...7 that is soo me too!! geez linda stop speakin 4me

8, 9 ,10..I totally agree...Yinka osinnowo is too posh for that in ma tots maybe twas IVF she did...quiet wedding's a no no for moi...never blogging? God forbid!!!

Chari said...

omg omg omg!!!!!!

linda u have killed me!!!

hehehehe...

LOL @ no. 5 me too

no 6...me too..gosh I can't even fathom it

no...7 that is soo me too!! geez linda stop speakin 4me

8, 9 ,10..I totally agree...Yinka osinnowo is too posh for that in ma tots maybe twas IVF she did...quiet wedding's a no no for moi...never blogging? God forbid!!!

Juliana said...

Linda! Linda!! Linda!!!
Na bcos you dey sick u dey imagine (Nike, mumsi and popsi) having sex?
Crazy girl, get well soon though.
Just love your picture b4 your 40th birthday and I am all 4 it.
Remain blessed

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine not being me. Linda, you write well - my sincere compliments.

Anonymous said...

I can’t imagine not gossiping with my girls. Life will just be too boring lol

Anonymous said...

I can’t imagine not gossiping with my girls. Life will just be too boring

Anonymous said...

u totally nuts girl! cant imagine loosing mum too
love this post

Anonymous said...

cant also imagine not ever coming to this blog.

linda we have to meet. will send u an email

cheers

Dith said...

LMAO LINDA!!
UR FUNNY AS HELL! get well soon tho

i cant imagine a naija lady writing down her thoughts in all honesty 95% of the time on the www like u do.

oh! and speaking of Nike, i cant imagine beyonce having sex WITH Jay-z. lol.

Dith said...

ur not sayin anything abt ur top model show

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, my name is olateru-olagbegi adebukunyi i am 17 yrs old in my second year at the redeemers university studying economics. .i and a few other peopl re launching a magazine in a bit..i have been reading your write ups and i have been well educated. your write ups have basically everthng we do not hav.. i will like to ask for your permission to use some of your pictures and maybe a few articles especially the one of the smva..if you agree, i and my team promise to give you full credit for them and if you will like a column or a page in the magazine..the magazne is called ace nd we are targeting youths the btwn the ages of 13-30 years..my email is bukunyiville@yahoo.com nd my number is 08054128979..i will be very happy to hear from you soonest...god bless

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMFAO big time!!! Linda, i can't imagine ever falling out with you. You'd always be one of my closest pals. We are too much alike...very real. You know how much i can't stand fake people.

And you WILL definitely get ALL what you want and MORE in Jesus' name- AMEN!!! God will keep you alive to enjoy the fruits of your labour. He has promised us 70 years on earth. May you live above that with so many bonus years added to that in Jesus' name- AMEN!!! You deserve the BEST girl.

Love ya loads.

xxx

Linda Ikeji said...

@mag, thanks dear
@Charizard, u rock!
@juliana, dont mind me..lol
@ifychi, stay blessed
@paris, the project involves millions and millions of naira...it sure will take a while
@Olateru. U can take whatever u want from my blog. It's fine by me babe. wishing u all the best. Why dont u send me an email...its lindaikeji@gmail.com.
Regard to everyone in ur school

Linda Ikeji said...

@moimoi, I cant imagine falling out with u either. u're one of the best things that's happened to me on this blog. u better believe that girl.
love ya.

Tinu said...

lmao @ Nike Osinowo having sex..hehehee!!! after all man must chop!!!

Anonymous said...

PARIS, i second that o. cant seem to imgine them doing it. shuooo

Anonymous said...

who is nike?

ababoypart2 said...

Nice post - I am pretty sure you could have gone past 10.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ NIKE OSINOWO!!!

i can't imagine

1. not being financially independent (i have had the days of writing lists for my dad, no more... i love you daddy!!)

2. marrying a man who is not da bomb in bed... kai!

3. not being rich, famous and fabulous!

4. my kids not being cute... LOL! okay pls God!!

5. marrying a short man.... **knock wood**

6. having a room mate... those days are gone

7. not going to dubai this xmas

Recent Posts