Lagos State Governor speaks + Bishop T. D Jakes | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 16 August 2007

Lagos State Governor speaks + Bishop T. D Jakes

Yesterday, the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, said he gave no order to Police men to arrest anyone for indecent dressing. The Governor further said that if any police man harrasses or threatens to arrest anyone for indecent dressing, the person should copy the name and number on the police officer's uniform and report to police Public Relations Officer or the commissioner of police.

We can now heave a sigh of relief...hopefully the police will start behaving themselves.

But seriously, if the governor or commissioner of police didn't give such an order, why were the police men carrying it out? Someone in authority definitely gave that order...but I hope this puts an end to all the madness...and to all those who already shaved their dreadlocks and it's likes...sorry! Wink!



Bishop T. D Jakes
I'm Catholic. Always have been, always will be. I don't go to church as often as I would've loved to, but I've made quite an improvement in the last couple of weeks.

In the past, for some reason, I was never keen on listening to any preaching that wasn't coming from a reverend father...never been to a pentecostal church. It wasn't like I didn't appreciate them, it was just the way I was brought up, Catholicism and nothing else.

On Sundays in Naija, almost all TV stations show religious programmes...this time last year, you wouldn't catch me dead sitting in front of a TV to watch a religious programme but something has happened to me of late. Now when I see all this pastors, I sit down and listen to what they have to say. They always have a message.




So yesterday, I was over at a friend's house and he put this tape on and it was Bishop T. D Jakes. I've heard so much about him but never really thought twice about him, but boy when I listened to him yesterday...I was in another place...he brought tears to my eyes and steered emotions in me that I thought were long dead. He is one of the most powerful preachers I've ever listened to. I surprised myself by sitting down for over an hour..listening...to the word of God. It felt like he was talking to me...I heard answers to some questions I've had for a long time. He was talking and I was taking notes. Never has that happened to me!
T.D Jakes just doesn't talk about God, the scriptures, salvation, heaven etc...he also talks about how you can better your life, how to be successful, how to understand and love yourself better, forgiveness, love, sadness, unfulfilment etc...this guy made my day!

I'm talking about him 'cos I want y'all to discover him...he's not just a preacher, he's also a motivational speaker...he'll make you understand the way life works. You need to get his tapes and read his books...he has an anointing I haven't felt with any other pastor...

Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes

He's the founder and senior pastor of the Potter's House, a non-denominational church in Texas

Here are some of his books
Reposition Yourself - Living a Life Without Limits
He-Motions: Even Strong Men Struggle
Ten Commandments of Working in a Hostile Environment
Promises From God For Single Women
Woman, Thou Art Loosed: Healing the Wounds of the Past
The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
Maximize the Moment : God's Action Plan For Your Life
So You Call Yourself a Man?: Finally Devotional for Ordinary Men With Extraordinary Potential God's Leading Lady
His Lady
Daddy Loves His Girls
The Greatest Investment
Mama Made the Difference

If you want to know more about this great man of God, google his name or visit his website at http://www.tdjakes.org/

I'm totally into this guy now...I'm buying his books and tapes and when next he comes to Nigeria, I'm gonna be wherever he's preaching.

Who else has felt his anointing?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am lucky no. 1 hi linda never posted on ur blog ,i m beginning to fall in love with u ,i c God using u so mightily,pls when u hear the call dont resist,he ll take u higher than u planned for urself

Anonymous said...

Linda, I wish i was in naija, I would have lent you tons of my DVDS on him....he is the best to happen to me ever since 3years ago. My job is always on the run and everytime I travel, I depend on him because has a word for me everytime....This man is awesome

Anonymous said...

I am delighted for you, TD jakes has always been a favorite of many including myself. His modus operandi and manner by which he conveys the message of HOPE is second to none, in my view, he has become the sine qua non in deciphering the GOSPEL truth from the Bible. In todays Christian world, there are so many good preachers irrespective of denomination, by the way, denomination is man made not GOD made, in order to be completely fulfilled in our lives we should be open to all preachers, listen to what they have to say, then take what is yours as per the Bible way (normally your spirit being lets you know this). I applaud you for coming out of your comfort zone, the world will surely be a better place if we all borrow a leaf of off that.

Pete

LADYBRILLE.com said...

My friend's mom comes each year to listen to him. I have heard him and my close friends, all diverse ethnic groups, have his books and have been touched by him. Keep up the good work, you driven woman YOU!

Nwanyi Ocha said...

Thank God someone has comes to their senses with the indecent dressing issue *hiss*

Never really listened to TD before, but will give it a go thou,

have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

You need to listen to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome too. Just too much!!

Anonymous said...

I justed chatted with a friend who said the 2nd reason why he'd love to visit the US soon is to attend TD Jakes church.I thot that was deep. He's a great preacher and you all totally need to read the lady, her lover and her Lord, especially all you broken hearted sisters and those of you who want to stand in intercession for a broken-hearted sister.

Toni Payne said...

adupe o.. they should do PSA on the radio and Tv to make sure peopl know this and know thier rights and people that payed 20k shud get thier money back..L im gong to call u later k.. Im just too overwhemled to have a meaningful convo

Anonymous said...

Linda,i thank God for you,for allowing the spirit of God to minister to you in there.God has always loved us,his always longing for our attentoin to better our lives and above all to make us heaven worthy.I feel pure joy when you said via your blog that you actually sat down to listen to Pst. T.D Jakes.I left a comment on the 16th of july on your blog when you said the first person you will call when you're in trouble or arrested is your dad,and if he's not available, you'll call your older sis; as much as this is ideal,God should be the first daddy we run to bacause he formed our daddies and he sure knows best than them. He is the uncreated creator,the one who knows the end from the beginning,the one who will remain when we're all gone. isn't he worthy to be served? You know he loves you irrespective of what others thinks.Pastor Jakes is a trully a srevant of the most high and has been around for a long time and God has really used him to change lives tremendously and am happy that you just discovered him.Take care of yourself.I love your blog.Have said that before,haven't i? You're one hard working lady,keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Phew!! good that whole dressing issue is over...was beginnin to get really pissed abt the whole issue even tho i'm not home....

Yes o I love TD Jakes too, actually was opportuned to go to his church last yr and it was really awesome...just like u said i like the fact that he not only preaches the word but realizes that we ve to live in this world..love the way he's so practical...just got his book --reposition urself; abt to start reading it will let u kno when i'm done...God bless u Linda..keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

pastor T.D jakes is a man called to minister to us women i believe, especially the abused among us. I hope as you enter his world you find whatever you're looking for and make life changing decisions. He is definitely a man after God's heart.
God bless you girl.

Anonymous said...

lol linda i am also a die hard catholic but i love TD Jakes too! and i agree with every thing you said, the man makes so much sense!

Anonymous said...

I am with Truth on T.D Jakes, powerful speaker. I feel like my secret is out. I always download his sermons from Limewire and then listen in the car, at work, anywhere. He is being used heavily by God. I love him.

ps You have to read the Lady, her Lover and her Lord even if you don't do anything else this year...lol

Mimi said...

:) girl you are just getting on the right track.

it is the annointing that arrested you. stay on that track. praying for u.

Mimi said...

oh yea, read 'the lady her lover and her Lord' like someone said.

Anonymous said...

TD Jakes's 'her Lady, her Lover and her Lord' was the turning point for my self esteem as a teenager. And the good news is that it ministers to women of all ages.

I'll definitely recommend it to women

Anonymous said...

Never left a comment on your blog.Must say you are doing a good job.

Anonymous said...

Im totally in luv wuth Jakes.The Lady Her Lover and her Lord is my fave book and your majesty is ma fave song and my fave word is Thou art loosed of course.Dresses same way like Mattew Ashimolowo and talks same way as HOTRock guy Paul Adefarasin. With Jakes (after my Pastor Taiwo Odukoya of course lol)u really understand that Gods word is indeed living and active. U go gal, u r catchin d fire. kisses

joicee said...

Yes I´ve felt it too oh!!....T.D Jakes is filled with insight.

Back in the day in naija ,na so so preach preach for TV on sunday hehehe.I used to hate cos we didn´t have cable TV.I am not surprised it is stll the same way.

Anonymous said...

The man changed my life.Listening to his messages and reading his books helped deliver me from the quagmire that was my past and propel me into my destiny.My life is such a blessing now and I believe god used him as a vessel to get me to where I am now. I also grew up catholic but it doesn't matter the word of God is true and able to deliver no matter where it comes from.Be blessed Linda

Anonymous said...

linda pls delete the madness this last poster just posted, abeg forget freedom of speech jare
@ that individual, may the peace of the Lord be with you, and may you never find rest till you seek Him.

Anonymous said...

Linda,
If you found him insightful, you should listen to Juanita Bynum. She is another power speaker. Listening to her.... you feel her anointing... She can be on the pullpit for 2 minutes and will bring tears to your eyes. If you ever see one of her ministery videos please buy it and watch it.... I've personally seen her deliver many women through her message. There use to be a church where she held 5 AM prayer... and people would start lining up @ 1AM just to get in.

"No More Sheets" is a great DVD for single woman.
Most of her DVD's before 2003 (before she got married) are great for women struggling, with relationships, men, dealing with life and loving God and yourself.

If you see the ring she has on her finger now... you would listen to every piece of advise, message, verus, scirtpture, Bible lesson, fashison advise... you could get you hands on from her. LOL

and to keep a good man you would continue to watch her.

Here is her site
http://www.juanitabynum.com/

Stay blessed my sista...

Unknown said...

ME! ME! ME!!!

I absolutely adore Bishop T D Jakes. His words touch my heart and I carry loads and loads of his sermons on my mp3. His words have seen me through thick and thin.

nene said...

Hi Linda. (I'm enjoying yu, oh!)
Bishop T.D.Jakes will be in Nigeria this year for a programme called 'The Experience'. It is organised by a church, House On The Rock, which is led by Pastor Paul Adefarasin. Bishop T.D. Jakes is Pastor Paul's own Pastor, Spiritual Father and Mentor... It takes place on November 30th, 2007, so keep ur eyes and ears peeled for the publicity. It's an all night celebration of gospel, music, dance, comedy, local and international artistes... The first 'Experience' was held last year on Dec. 1st. I will call it a day that shook Nigeria, bcos it was difficult for pple to believe that a program held in TBS, Lagos Island, at night and at such a large scale, would be free of mishaps, area boy molestation, rapes, etc, as that area is prone to experience. At the end of the day, it was just a testimony! The area boys (we call them the Jesus Boys!)were the security guards that day - they had branded shirts and personalised IDs that they wore with pride, and after that day, some of them gave their lives to Christ!

Recent Posts