Photo: Ekiti PDP Chieftain rejects Fayose's offer of appointment | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 4 July 2015

Photo: Ekiti PDP Chieftain rejects Fayose's offer of appointment

A prominent member of the Ekiti state chapter of PDP, Chief Dayo Okondo, has rejected Governor Ayo Fayose's offer of appointment to serve as a member of the Governing Council of the College of Education, Ikere Ekiti. At a press conference which he convened yesterday July 3rd, Chief Okondo said despite his efforts at making the party a success in the state, the state government belittled him by offering him such an appointment without consulting him. Chief Okondo who has been bedridden for a while now said the party and the state government had abandoned him to his fate even after working so hard for the party in the state.


"Making me a board member falls short of what he should do. And if I have to take care of myself very well and take care of my health, I don’t know what membership of the college’s board would do for me. I can’t see how somebody who had served as a PDP Board of Trustees member will now be appointed a college’s board member. I was shocked by the appointment with my status and level of work that I did. I brought the party to the state and I brought Fayose into the party. I supported him wholeheartedly when others refused to support him and I ensured that he won the primaries and the election (in 2003). He has not visited me and he has not done anything about my health. I have been trying to see him and talk to him about my health but I have not succeeded. If I will reject it in totality, I want to see the governor first and I want him to reason with me that this appointment does not befit my status as a founding father of the party and as someone who contributed immensely to his political rise. I have been abandoned by the party. One of my sons, Tope Okondo, who was Obasanjo’s bodyguard, fell sick in Abuja and the situation I met him was very terrible. I tried to see if I could take him to India. I contacted (former Governor) Fayemi and he offered to assist. We took him to India where he spent two to three days and I thank him (Fayemi) for the gesture but he told me not to bother. If my own party (PDP) can treat me like this, it is unfortunate”he saids

52 comments:

Davido's driver said...

He knows best

Unknown said...

Ah ah!

Anonymous said...

Nigerian leaders always looking out for themselves

Unknown said...

Oga ihea INA ako wu akuko....who cares so long as he even appointed u. No wonder u still have that kinda chair n standing fan in ur sitting room. Next!

BONARIO NNAGS said...

"And if I have to take care of myself very well and take care of my health, I don’t know what membership of the college’s board would do for me"
Wow! He feels that much money won't come from such portfolio, maybe he should make him the state accountant or commissioner of finance.

~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

Anonymous said...

Baba Go slow, it is almost six weeks and BH boys are still killing like never before. So what's up about your promise of putting on your regalia and enter Sambisa to fight BH. Confused president, they dont want to negotiate, they only want blood, that is what you trained them for.

Unknown said...

Choi!!! Dts badt....

Bonita Bislam said...

Looool who said a half bread is better than none?

Unknown said...

Party has turned to family affair.....na wa ooooo


Moye says so via BB Passport...Courtesy LIB......

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

See his face. He shld coman give me na

Adetunji Saka said...

Well...I tink half bread is better than chinchi. Lol!

"Slow and steady wins d race "

Unknown said...

If you are complaining about fayose that will be fine why dragging fayemi's name into this, I think that is not fair. Anyway back to the issues on ground that's politics for you chief dayo

Unknown said...

He go soon do werey for una again.....





*Nuelcode

Anonymous said...

So he want to be the Rector. Be content with what they gave you old man.

Anonymous said...

Da fuck did i just read??? Is this man saying they should give him billions of naira? If u worked for the state what is ur demand? What service did u render and whats the equity to it??

Unknown said...

He's right tho and I trust my my Fayose that's he's gonna do the right thing

Unknown said...

fayose nd contoversy

Unknown said...

Chai .ndo oooo.e go beta.

Eze said...

Mr man....u want him to make u the deputy governor or wot.......greedy men everywhere.....when u do a favor and expect a reward or pay back...them its no more a favor

Eze said...

Mr man....u want him to make u the deputy governor or wot.......greedy men everywhere.....when u do a favor and expect a reward or pay back...them its no more a favor

Unknown said...

Every mallam with im kettle. He has his reasons. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Every mallam with im kettle. He has his reasons. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Ooooooooooh my...!

Pls manage that token cos u av already old,
My amiable governor pls proffer solution to d cause of his bedridden because he truly worKed toward d success
of d party.

knowurway.com said...

Hmmm Eyaah, can u imagine, Fayose is a betrayer also a fake man.

emi said...

He saids ?? Please proofread properly before uploading. Our kids are reading too. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

what u waiting for? join d winning party, APC

Unknown said...

It is unfortunate


Tina from Ghana needs a sugar son from Nigeria Or Ghana.. Are you available? – Click to Apply Now

fgtf said...

Though I feel sorry for this man and believe Fayose should have done more for him but I see a man who failed to realize he's no more relevant thus overestimating himself. You're neither Obasanjo nor Tinubu.


Posted via BlackBerry Q5©

Unknown said...

He spoke well, and I support him 101per cent. He should table dis case b4 d Governor, and I believe he wil do sth abt dis. Its well wit him, and I wish him well.

Better Days Ahead said...

Obasanjo was part of some law made in this country and could not pay for medicals for his staff. Hmmmmmmm na wao

OSINANL said...

Mtchew...
Oga abeg defect to APC. I know say na your plan

Unknown said...

Okay

OSINANL said...

Mtchew...
Oga abeg defect to APC. I know say na your plan

Unknown said...

Hummmmmmm.....sorry sir. Be healed. Next!!!!



#TeamBlessed#

lami said...

Oh, they should ve made u president of the country abi ? What happens to offering selfless service mtchewwwwww.

Elixir said...

This is a case where certain group of persons want to remain in power.

Goaldyn Boy said...

Fayose! You shouldn't fall my hand o! You shouldn't abandon those who stood behind you through thin and thin! Wake up and meet this man's health needs!

But aside his health condition, Nigerians doesn't like to be given appointments where they would go and work, they prefer appointments where they can steal and enjoy! If I were this man, I will take the appointment while I ask for better one to add to it! I'm sure something will be dropping from there. At all, at all!!!

Unknown said...

Poverty is knocking on his door... He has better wake up!!!

Anonymous said...

Na your wahala be that, your cup of tea. You guys know Fayose isn't capable but you rigged the election for your own selfishness so he can be there not thinking about the mercies.
Issokay, we are watching.

Jasmine Joseph said...

Na dem sabi, who cares

Jasmine Joseph said...

Na dem sabi, who cares

Jasmine Joseph said...

Na dem sabi, who cares

Jasmine Joseph said...

Na dem sabi, who cares

Unknown said...

Hmmm it's painful sha


Lib freak

Unknown said...

Fayose pls help dis man.....he deserves your help and I agree d position u gave him is really bellow him if what he claims are right.

Anonymous said...

So you were the one that created the MONSTER and brought him into politics. You deserve whatever you get.

Anonymous said...

He's rejecting it cos the position doesn't 'befit' his status. This now begs for an answer.... is he going there to help the country, the state, or going there to siphon funds?
PDP people and their mentality. He who is called to serve and appointed to public office must first above all be humble!

Unknown said...

He spoke well, and I support him 101per cent. He should table dis case b4 d Governor, and I believe he wil do sth abt dis. Its well wit him, and I wish him well.

Unknown said...

He spoke well, and I support him 101per cent. He should table dis case b4 d Governor, and I believe he wil do sth abt dis. Its well wit him, and I wish him well.

Anonymous said...

hmmm this life sha... i remember when chief brought Fayose to ekiti

Anonymous said...

hmmm this life sha... i remember when chief brought Fayose to ekiti

Anonymous said...

I second that!

Recent Posts