Rasaq Okoya @ 70 | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 17 January 2010

Rasaq Okoya @ 70

Aare Razak Okoya turned 70 on January 12th 2010 and as part of the activities commemorating his 70th birthday, Aare donated goods worth 50Million Naira to Lagos state government and some orphanages. These include, 11 brand new Ford Ranger security Patrol vehicles, 2 fully equipped Nissan Van Ambulances, 11 infant incubator machines and several others..The presentation ceremony took place at the New state House Alausa, Ikeja Thursday January7, 2010. Check out pictures of that and his birthday celebration...
































































































































































































































































Chief Okoya with youngest wife, Shade.

Chief Rasaq Okoya speaks on turning 70 "Oh, I feel great. I am very happy and I give all the glory to Almighty Allah for all He has done for me and my family. I have worked so hard, from the beginning of my life, day in, day out, since the age of 16. I have over five factories and over 3, 000 workers in Lagos. Allah has blessed me and when you are 70, you have to retire, let some of our children who are interested take over. Now, I have to think more on how to relax and not how to work. The knowledge is there, all I have to do is supply the knowledge to the children."

Pictures thanks to Sola Folowosele.

4 comments:

Myne said...

I think the donations are very kind of him. More health to him.

Tatababe said...

Love this part the most "let some of our children who are interested take over. Now, I have to think more on how to relax and not how to work. The knowledge is there, all I have to do is supply the knowledge to the children." Nigerian government should take a cue from that.
Long life & good health to him, Amen.

Kemi said...

That is so kind of him, may God bless him more.

Anonymous said...

may God bless him for the donations!!sassycassie

Recent Posts