Entertainment News + Barack Obama in Pictures! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 7 June 2008

Entertainment News + Barack Obama in Pictures!

Prom night at Weequahic High in Newark NJ.





Are these kids on crack? lol



What are these young people wearing?
Fashion disaster huh? LOL!
Source, bossip.com

Mike Tyson quote


“I’ve been in prison. In and out of court. Convicted of rape. I already expect the worst to happen. I expect people to treat me bad. I expect on day somebody’ll blow my brains out over some bulls**t. No one gives a s**t about Mike Tyson. Someone accuses me of a horrible crime, others say, ‘Yeah, he’s capable of that. Mike probably did it.’ Nobody’s fighting any crusade for my black ass.”
I'm sure there are people who care about him...


Ashanti looking fabulous...

Serena Williams on the cover of Ebony. You like?

A 4 year old accidentally shoots his 2 year old brother.
‘”I heard something that sounded like a clap,’ [Quanotho] Kyles said. ‘I peeked around the corner, I looked in - he was just standing there … he said, “daddy, I didn’t mean to do it”. I saw my [other] son lying on the floor with blood coming out of his chest.’ Kyles said he took responsibility for the accident that nearly killed his boy.
Kyles said he found an old 22 caliber rifle in his yard about a week ago; picked up because someone was coming to cut the grass; put it in a corner of his bedroom which was supposed to be off limits to his kids. ‘The gun was found about 20 or 30 feet away from house,’ Kyles said. I took it into the house not thinking, ‘check it or don’t even put in the house’. I just put in my bedroom where I didn’t think they would see it. I had a gun in the house. I didn’t know it was loaded.’
He admitted being no stranger to weapons, having gone to prison for shooting and killing his own brother during a feud nearly 10 years ago.”

Shania's message to fans...
It's no longer news that Shania Twain has separated from her husband of 14years.
The country music singer has just released the following message to her fans.

She says…
"To my beloved fans:
As I am sure you have seen or heard; I am going through a rough time personally in my life. I wanted you all to know that I could not be getting through this without you. Your letters, emails and words of encouragement give me strength. Your overwhelming support reminds me to smile, no matter how deep the pain and to always be grateful for all the beautiful blessings in my life.
I have so much to say but I know the best way for me to speak is through my music. This is my therapy, my passion, and my love. I look forward to sharing it with all of you as I begin this new journey.
I need some time to heal this broken heart but make no mistake; I will be back and hopefully stronger than ever.
Thank you my friends, from the bottom of my heart.
Love,
Shania "
May God give her the strength to get over this.

Barack Obama in Pictures
Barack with maternal grandparents

On wedding day to Michelle

With maternal grandfather

With mum, grand dad and half sister, Maya

Barack in college

Barack Obama shakes hands during his graduation ceremony from Punahou School in 1979

With stepdad, mum and half sisterwith half sister, Maya
Michelle and Barack with their children
His grandparents and mum

“‘He’s a combination of JFK, and Martin Luther King (Jr.). With that he can’t lose.’”
- Stevie Wonder

The conservative French daily Le Figaro described him as “The man in a hurry who dethroned Hillary.”

The left-leaning London-based Guardian called him “A political giant slayer” who defeated his own party’s entrenched interest.

In Mexico, an editorial cartoon in the daily Reforma depicted him as a Christ-like figure atop the Democratic donkey on Palm Sunday.

“Obama’s America on the doorstep of history,” said a headline on the front page of As Safir in Lebanon.

English-language Khaleej Times, a daily based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates printed:“If McCain is America’s past,” it said, “Obama is its future.”

Barack and mum, Ann
With dad
Barack and dad's family
With paternal grandmother




Barack as a toddler Barack '08

Another nice entertainment blog to check out...http://santiagopad.blogspot.com/
Y'all need to also check out this blog http://14thandserenity.blogspot.com/. It's so...I can't describe it. Check it out and see for yourself. Fantastic!

Later people...

18 comments:

Ms.O said...

awwwwwwwwwww.. u just made me love Obama more!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

linda, be very afraid. that is your so called sister and people in the diaspora. yes that ugly world "diaspora".

i wish i could say categorically that they were african americans sadly dont put it past your nigerians and ghanians sisters. these kids are being trained to be hookers in all but name.

that ain't sexy but nastily ugly and obscene. they are so young and naive yet surprise surprise could be baby mama already at that age.

shame that is what some blacks calls advancement

littleangel4christ said...

Am glad...
There's such similarity in the way he smiles and d way his paternal grandma does...

Anonymous said...

I pray God gives Shania the strength and courage to get thru this...I watched her documentary on VH1 a few yrs back, and her story is a true story of 'from DIRT to riches". She became a mother and father to her 5 or so siblings caring and catering for them...atimes they had nothing to eat...She was so thankful and blessed when she found her husband...thanking God for giving her to happiness and fufilment she never had thru him.

Just sad!

Nma

Anonymous said...

Totally love those Obama's pictures. Tres cute! And to all voters, YES 'HE' CAN!!!!!

* Serena cover pic: You like. Me LOVING IT.

* Those high school kids don't look bad. The dresses just aren't traditional prom dresses. I would wear them any day though.lol.

* What else?....great post lady.

Anonymous said...

Obama is such an inspiration. He knows how to inspire people with words, he knows how to
think deeply and convey complex issues in understandable but not pandering words.

Linda, why dis sudden love for obama?

Anonymous said...

OMG did I write that " I WOULD wear the prom dresses anyday"
Tufiakua!!!! That was an error. I actually meant the reverse. My goodness, Linda I would have let it slide without commenting again but you actually went ahead to upload more pics and they looked even more ridiculous!!

Plain 'truth'

Anonymous said...

linda hi,

seems barack obama would have to square u some cash for all this publicity you are perpertually giving him on ur blog, anyways, i'm proud of him to but i'm scared all this pics coming out now is just to let the americans know that he is really african and remind them of who they really are.

those pics of those prom girls, damm, they r ugly.....no gainsaying..

and linda, thanks for replyin my text, i was so elated. i've still got it on my phone...

linda..what do u think of styl plus' new album....i think they r back but definately definately no better....

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the 'Fourteenth & Serenity' blogsite, what a load of criminally-inclined ingenuity. Those guys should be in the movie scripting business or something. But if that's more than fiction, then someone should please...call the cops!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the 'Fourteenth & Serenity' blogsite, what a load of criminally-inclined ingenuity. Those guys should be in the movie scripting business or something. But if that's more than fiction, then someone should please...call the cops!

Anonymous said...

@ Linda,

I enjoy reading ur blog esp naija entertainment. As someone who follows ur blog regularly, I have noticed that some of ur diaspora post esp hollywood entertainment are taken from gossip websites like Bossip,Perez etc and you do so without giving them their dues.

Last month ur friend Niyi was spitting fire and brim stone because someone copied his work and didnt cite his website as the source of information.

You are doing a good job keeping those in diaspora informed abt what's going in naija, but I still think you should give the websites you get some of ur info their dues.

Naija finegirl said...

http://naijafinegal.blogspot.com/

Dith said...

love love love love love love love Barack Obama.
and to answer ur questions with regards 2 d prom kids...they may have been on crack. u never know

flawsandall said...

barack is a freak..see how he is about to nibble his wifes ear..lol..i love it

Anonymous said...

loving the Obama pixes linda, thx for putting 'em up. here's hoping (and seriously praying) that he wins.

ababoypart2 said...

Nice pictures...where did you get them from. Like the Kenyan ones...

Anonymous said...

OMG I Love the Obama pictures, where did you get all those!? Thanks Linda
Mia:)

Bespoke! said...

Hi Linda, your blog is very refreshing and exciting to read. How are you? And to point out; the dress is not trashy: it is very classy. I love your taste. How is the fourth issue of fm&b coming along. I miss you guys and will send the remaining topics..my love to the whole team..with lots of thoughts..Eche
Ps: please check my blog out..give me directions. ciao

Recent Posts