We have insiders in commercial banks' suspected fraudsters confess | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 29 July 2014

We have insiders in commercial banks' suspected fraudsters confess

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested three suspected fraudsters identified as Kola Osho, Oyedepo Adesola and Kola Ademola, who allegedly specialize in withdrawing money from people’s bank accounts using dud cheques. 
 
According to Punch, the police said the suspects usually obtained the cheques from people who are experts in stealing cheque books from unsuspecting people, then they will present the cheques to their insider in the bank, who will dubiously verify the account holder and the signature before the money could be paid out. Continue...

The men were arrested at the Pipeline area of Abule-Egba, a suburb in Lagos following a tip off. While Oyedepo Adesola and Kola Ademola were arrested on Wednesday, July 23,  Kola Osho was arrested the following day July 24th. They were found with two dud cheques belonging to a commercial bank, and some forged letter-head documents bearing ‘Ministry of Finance & Economic Development'.

In his confessional statement, 57 year old Osho who hails from Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, said his desire to pursue a better life abroad made him get involved in the criminal act of bank fraud.
"I was formerly doing supplying and clearing business. I wanted to use the documents the police found on me to process a visa to the United Kingdom. I got the forged documents from the Internet. Ademola gave the cheques to me and I returned them because I could not cash them. He is like a son to me as I am his father’s friend. So, I sent back all the businesses he brought, because I did not want any trouble. I used to have insiders in the banks, but I have cut off from them all. I knew I cheated when I got the forged documents to process my visa, but I did not have any option. It also did not work out.” he said
Another suspect, Kola Ademola, 33, who hails from Ikire, Osun State claims to be a graduate of Business Administration and runs an Educational center. He said he got the cheque books from a certain Samson he met at Obalende in Lagos and that they were yet to make any money from the cheque books, a situation he described as unfortunate.
“I am an Educational Consultant. That is what I do for a living. I also enroll pupils for final-year examination. Last year, I met one boy called Samson who stayed in Obalende, and he was the one who got the cheques and brought them to me. I don’t know how he got them, but they were original cheques. We delivered these to the banks insiders who worked on them, and brought out the cash. But because of the present cashless policy, we can only withdraw less than N100,000 which would not require the confirmation from the signatories. This is the third cheque I would be bringing to Mr. Osho, but he said he does not have any insider in that particular bank. On the first cheque, he said the account did not contain much money. The second cheque too was not successful. So, we have not made any money from these deals. It is just unfortunate.” he said
The last suspect, Oyedepo Adesola, aged 36, on the other hand claims to be innocent and was only on a visit to Mr Osho's office when the police arrested him.
“I hold a Higher National Diploma from a polytechnic in Oyo State. I studied Accounting and finished in 2007. I do not know what the police are talking about. I simply came to Osho to transact a business, and they got me arrested. I am innocent.” he said
Source: Punch

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am nt surprise. LIB Princess! Pretex4luv@yahoo.com

Bishop Dammy said...

Yeas this is good!! The rest of you had better hide oooo cos God's judgment is burning! Jh 10:10 BishopDammy#..imahiadammy@gmail

Anonymous said...

Fish them out!
nefertitin8@gmail.com

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
.
So they have this talent and all they could do is engaging in crimes, well they are ripping all they have sow......
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Ceeflo said...

Yea , very easy to decipher , bank peeps are involved

BONARIO NNAGS said...

Everyday for the thief and one day for the owner.
Its no longer news that some bank staff aid in the defrauding of their customers,talk of greed.

~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

Unknown said...

See stupid and criminal fellow, una own don RED.
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥♡thanks ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ 

Okoro said...

Corruption everywhere..

Anonymous said...

sad.

Bonita Bislam said...

Moles everywhere!

ary said...

Wow! There is no trusting anybody these days! Those who you trust to protect you will stab you in the back when you are not looking.

NORM Medias said...

Going wide and beyond

Anonymous said...

which transaction ole God pass una.

Anonymous said...

Wat a life

Herbeeurlar

MUVA said...

Their insiders should join them and rot in jail.

Dan Skila said...

9ja useless police, why arresting the third person, If them see real theif, dem no go fit arrest them, nonsense

danskila1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Am nt surprise! LIB Princess. Pretex4luv@yahoo.com

ujunwa said...

Odiegwu

Anonymous said...

Fake ass linda. Fake giveaway, keep being fake. Smh. I've lost respect for you. Oya swallow this comment too.

Unknown said...

They should have their hands amputated

Unknown said...

All this people wey no want we conutry move ahead....there is God. Irebisibrown@yahoo.com.sg

Anonymous said...

Na 2day?.ekwuruibea@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Too bad for them #bright bravo#

Unknown said...

Good 4 them

biola said...

They shall be punished oleahbabe@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

U are surprise LIB BASTARD

Amarachukwu. said...

Am not surprise!!!

comfort said...

Good 4 u pple..thives, I only pity dat useless man dat hail from ado-ekiti...foolsssssssssssssssssssssss

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, some days are like dat, d tins people do for money..

Unknown said...

Who knows the innocent or the guilty

Anonymous said...

I am surprised! LIB husband.

Anonymous said...

Shameful!!

Anonymous said...

Ain't surpra'anya'azu #bebo#

Anonymous said...

Wonders

Abraham Ndu said...

Heaven help Naija!

Anonymous said...

So bad of U̶̲̥̅̊ guys. Tneyoth@yahoo.com

Ursula shazy said...

Hw far,caught? Wori not you sure knew it will end this way so, hallele follow dem coz na only una waka go
Ursulasdiary@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This useless "LIB Princess or idoit" doesn't av anytin to say jare...her comments doesn't make senses every times...mofo!

Anonymous said...

9ja ƒo̶̷̩̥̊͡я Ɣø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊. davieso40@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This can not be true, I know that man. Those police at pipeline, they normally beg for money maybe they asked the man for money and he declined.There was a time they stopped me and they were asking for money.I think this has to be thoroughly investigated. Nigeria police are not trust worthy.They can cook up anything.

Anonymous said...

This can not be true, I know that man. Those police at pipeline, they normally beg for money maybe they asked the man for money and he declined.There was a time they stopped me and they were asking for money.I think this has to be thoroughly investigated. Nigeria police are not trust worthy.They can cook up anything.

Unknown said...

Hardship...

Anonymous said...

Have not seen any criminal dat is handsome , they are usually very ugly why ?

Anonymous said...

God dey oleahbabe@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

God wil judge them

Unknown said...

Chaiiii dia is God ooo

Anonymous said...

Yestaday 4 d thief 2daii 4 d owner........meetsheno2020@yahoo.com,08161280729

APPLE said...

Nah wao!

Anonymous said...

419 is now a career....chemicalx52003@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I can't believe this, I know this Man named Adesola Oyedepo in Gowon Estate. Egbeda

Anonymous said...

Tell the policemen in that area to go to the top of corruption if they can....cos of disagreement of bribe.....say na today breast dey for front? Among us plp commenting on this issue are ready to do such if they can but now they are all watering their mouth wt diffrent stupid comments.

Anonymous said...

It seems like all Yoruba people are fraudsters.........make una take am easy abeg..


XDON D DON

Anonymous said...

some guy got access to my empty cheque leaf, forged my signature and got money out of my account. It's good to know some of them are being caught.

Recent Posts