Femi Fani-Kayode changes name to Femi Olukayode following his victory at the Federal High Court | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Femi Fani-Kayode changes name to Femi Olukayode following his victory at the Federal High Court

Read the press statement below...
Ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted, humbled and relieved by this verdict. In the last seven years, I have been subjected to the most malicious, vicious, sinister, well-orchestrated, insidious and devastating form of political persecution and wickedness. 
 The whole process almost destroyed my life, my family, my reputation, my health and my career. I thank God for his goodness, his mercy and for the fact that today, the whole nightmare has finally come to an end.

Initially, I was accused of stealing N19.5bn of public funds when I was Minister of Aviation. It was thrown out by the courts. Then I was accused of stealing N6.5bn. It was thrown out by the courts. Then I was accused of laundering N200m. It was thrown out by the courts. Then I was accused of laundering N99m. It was thrown out by the courts. Finally, I was accused of laundering N1m and N1.1m respectively, and today, both of these charges have also been thrown out by the courts. I give thanks to God for today’s verdict.

It is the doing of the lord and it is marvelous in our sight. Once again, he has proved that he is faithful and true and that he always honors his word. I wish to thank my family members, leaders of the Body of Christ, intercessors, pastors, political associates and friends who never doubted my innocence and who stood by me through thick and thin.

I wish to thank my lawyers who worked so hard and so diligently over the last seven years throughout this case. I wish to thank the Nigerian judiciary for dispensing justice in an honest and God-fearing way and for refusing to be intimidated by anyone or guided by anything other than the evidence presented before them in this case.

They dispensed justice with candor and fairness, and throughout the proceedings, they were fair to all, honest, courageous, professional and true. I thank them for refusing to send an innocent man to jail and for refusing to allow themselves to be used as tools for personal and vindictive vendettas or political persecution. This gruesome ordeal started seven years ago and throughout that period, it was grueling and difficult.

They took seven years from me but they couldn't break me or end my life. It was a very difficult period for both me and my family which came with enormous and unimaginable challenges, yet from day one I never doubted that I would be vindicated because God had assured me of it and I know the God that I serve. He never lies and He never fails. He said, through his Holy Spirit, that my innocence would speak for me and that he would fight this battle for me and he did. He said that he is the author and the finisher of my faith, my shield, my glory and the lifter of my head and he was. He has proved all that throughout my life and he has proved it once again with the verdict in this case. To him alone be all the glory.

When the ordeal began seven years ago the Lord ministered that it would last for seven years but that in the end, I would be declared innocent, I would be vindicated and I would be delivered. Again he honored his word because the whole nightmare started on 1st of July 2008 when I was arrested in the premises of the Nigerian Senate after the public hearing on the N19.5 billion Naira Aviation Intervention Fund. I was cleared of any wrong doing in the administration of that fund by the Senate Commitee on Aviation yet despite that, immediately after the sitting before the Comimitee, I was abducted and arrested in an unceremonious and shameul fashion and locked up by the Farida Waziri-led EFCC for 10 days and charged to a magistrate court in Abuja.

Today, the 1st of July 2015, seven years to the day from that day when I was first arrested and first put into detention, I have been discharged and acquitted of all remaining charges by the courts. The Lord has, once again, honored his word, to him alone be the glory.

As a mark of honor and respect for the Lord and as an everlasting testimony of my love for and dedication to him, I wish to make it known to the Nigerian public that as from today my name will be changed. It will no longer be David Oluwafemi Fani-Kayode but instead, it shall be David Oluwafemi Olukayode. Olukayode means "the Lord has brought me joy" and today he has done precisely that.

As from this day, in honor of him and as a small tribute to my love for and total dependance on Him, that shall remain my family name. Once again, I give thanks to God for all that has happened to me and for this great deliverance. To him be all the glory. I swore that I would not leave the shores of Nigeria until this matter was finally brought to an end and the courts had pronounced my innocence. That was seven years ago. I kept faith with that oath and it gives me pleasure to tell you that now that the whole ordeal is over I shall be leaving the shores of my beloved country for the first time in seven years for a short holiday and a long overdue medical examination.

They not only threw the whole book at me but also the entire kitchen sink but the Lord was with me. I stood on His words in Isaiah 50 v.7-9 and I never faltered or doubted Him even in the most difficult times. Now they know that I serve a mighty God who never forsakes His own.

I thank the media for their constant support and attention and I thank the millions of Nigerian people that chose to believe in me and to keep faith with me throughout this ordeal. Once again, I give thanks to the Lord. God bless you all.

Signed: Chief Femi Fani-Kayode (Chief Oluwafemi Olukayode) 1st July, 2015

100 comments:

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

If he likes he should add "Brukutu" to his name, who em don help??

Unknown said...

Good For Him

Unknown said...

A drama king... always on d news for shitty stuffs. .. don't hv shame at all....

Unknown said...

How is that supposed 2 be our bizns?

Anonymous said...

Chop knuckle sir!

Unknown said...

Thank God for your victory big bros, whoever God has set free is free indeed.

Unknown said...

happy 4 him. A malicious talkative though this shud swell his guts more

Unknown said...

Good for him, hope he don't find himself in such kind of allegation again

ogeee said...

Congrts Man cos its d lord's doing

Unknown said...

Na God win
Happy new month

Anonymous said...

And u want to sincerely tell urself dat all the money u were acused of,u didn't steal any of it?God will punish anyone that uses his name in vain.criminal like you.

Unknown said...

Yeye man. Sharrap there!

Anonymous said...

Abegee, shut up jor! How many former justice's son go to jail in Nigeria. Na den get the power and they are not allowed to jail the son of a senior judge. All their son must do is the secret code in court.

Unknown said...

I may find time later to come back and read dis epistle but for now. Just passing by. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I may find time later to come back and read dis epistle but for now. Just passing by. Linda take note!

dharmmy said...

Ole

flimgee said...

As u don win fr court god win and e don the wey u bin probe buh god win...anythin u win na goddu win and as u win d court case my broda goddu win and as ur girfriend fine ya ya ya na goddu winnn..o na god win...oo na god win oO

Abraham Ndu said...

Hmmm...too long...read all tho. Love your command of english!

OSINANL said...

Thank God for him...
Shame to bad people

flimgee said...

Don't get it twisted broo if u don bin loot any of our moni tru tru return am or com settle mi

Unknown said...

Congratulation bro......u always my man

Anonymous said...

I m happy for you and I am happy you know God. Keep it up olukayode,God is faithful

flimgee said...

As u don win fr court god win and e don the wey u bin probe buh god win...anythin u win na goddu win and as u win d court case my broda goddu win and as ur girfriend fine ya ya ya na goddu winnn..o na god win...oo na god win oO

Unknown said...

I don't have his number


OKORO UPGRADED**

Unknown said...

WAOOO THATS MY MAN,FFK CHAI SHAME TO ENAMIES.

Unknown said...

WAOOO THATS MY MAN,FFK CHAI SHAME TO ENAMIES.

FinFreedom said...

This FFK guy sef, so is he now FO or FFO abi which one?




Now you can get the car of your dreams with ease. Click here to learn more.




Adetunji Saka said...

U for change to GODWIN instead.

"Slow and steady wins d race"

Trendyify said...

Owu fancha























it is well

Adetunji Saka said...

U for change to GODWIN instead.

"Slow and steady wins d race"

Anonymous said...

Waoo!happy to hear this from ffk.It is a sign that our judiciary can give hope to the hopeless.congrats to ffk.

Unknown said...

Haters should go and hug transformer. When the Lord is with you, victory will always be yours. Congrat SIR.

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
Since he don pay the lawyers why he no go win....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Yeaaaah yippeeeee yeaahhhh! I de fart on ur behalf....e no easy, thank God, I'm happy for u ffk.

Unknown said...

Who cares... Whatever

Anonymous said...

God this God that..::::: yet they lie and steal at the expense of the public. Paying good defense lawyers doesn't mean you are innocent.

Unknown said...

na Godwin ooo

Unknown said...

Am so delighted with u Mr, infact throughout ur ordeal I was one of the people that believed that ur night was political orchestrated by some mischevoius element that never wants to see u go beyond where they taught u were better off buh thank GOD my mentor is been vindicated

Unknown said...

So much of God's name in his article, hope he truly knows him.
Good for him on his new name.

Unknown said...

Lmaoo funny man. Congrats

Unknown said...

u are mouthy.u shall be re-arrested.After u av bribed d judiciary with part of d loots.Posterity will judge u.Go abroad n enjoy the remaining loots.

Unknown said...

Just shut up. crazy man wey no get shame

Anonymous said...

To God be the glory! They tried but they forgot that God is not a respecter of man!

Unknown said...

Wow! Happy 4u bro.....

7F098C19 said...

I love God and him alone. And as for me, I will change my name once I get what I have ever fought for. Victory name. Engr Emy

Unknown said...

I am happy for you my brother. To God be all the glory and all the shame to your enemies in whatever guise.

Unknown said...

Good to know

Unknown said...

Igbeyin loju, Esan a ke o, gbogbo eyin asebaje Esan ma n bo. I pray all u money looters end well

Anonymous said...

Recently, I read an essay by Chimamanda Adichie titled "The danger of one sided story" and learned something very useful, which is that it is good to hear from all parties on a matter before forming an opinion. You know that she is a great writer who has won many laurels; the essay was an eye opener for me. I also dabbled to Femi Fani-Kayode's website and read many of his essays and instantly became in love with him, especially his godly/christian articles. I never knew that he loves God to the extent I read in his articles. I realised why it is not good to form opinion based on a story from one party.

I rejoice with Fani-Kayode who wants to be called Olukayode henceforth. May God bless you.

Gerald Udeaba

Anonymous said...

HOW NIGERIAN POLITICIANS LIE AND STEAL AND STILL QUOTE BIBLE ON TOP OF THEIR CRIMES IS WHAT I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. OH YEAH, THIS IS THE PROMISED CHANGE. EVERY THIEF WALKS FREE. NO ARRESTS, NO STASHED WEALTH RECOVERED. SAI BUHARI.

yawanow said...

ROTFL, Thank God for his mercies and second chance to redeem yourself.

himself said...

oga kayode plz come nd help in d movie industry,,u ar good at drama.

Anonymous said...

Amen brother amen

Unknown said...

Wow! What a faith building testimony. May the name of the Lord be praise

Unknown said...

Thank God. Don't know U know my God too. Congratulations!!!

I B M bolubantin said...

Congratulations dogged fighter...
GOD has been faithful again, I wish u a restful career forthwith...

kkkk said...

in your inner heart of hearts you know what you did.

zicog said...

firstly i think dis man should thank d Devil instead of God""

secondly i think there is no way i could ve nt been guilty of stealing at least one of those amounts mentioned.

Thirdly i think d APC is jst good at calling names and figures of thieves,without concrete evidence to bck dia allegations...if una no fit catch FFK,na GEJ una wan catch?

Bunch of joking Fools!.

Anonymous said...

Ensure u go with your babe.So that she can help u step down your BP

Anonymous said...

...you forgot to mention you and the presiding judge are close friends and that you were class mates in England. Nigeria justice system is a sham!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Am moved by your testimony.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Am moved by your testimony.

adetomiwa said...

FFK must be a fan of horror movies... Abi which one is "Sinister and Insidious"

Anonymous said...

And this comment made me cry in the office.Indeed God vindicates and neva forsakes those who are upright.if it were me,i'll change my name too.Thank God for u Sir.This is a time to surrender urself to the Lord and serve him all the days of ur life.it cud have bin worse,but God saw u thru.

linda onyx said...

These people all have muslim names. Did they convert?. Between he is trying to distance himself from his gay family. Shior!!!

Anonymous said...

He knows the name has gathered a lot of negative publicity dat is why he's trying to rebrand himself! "Mark of honor and respect" my foot!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to you bros,thy lord will never forsake the righteous. It is a lesson for us all, to watch and pray! Ariyo Francis

Faith Eze's Blog said...

Hmmmmm,I feel ur pain,joy and victory sir,truly the lord is with his children,he can never let us down;if we believe and trust in him.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Inspiring writeup

Unknown said...

GOOD FOR U

Unknown said...

So long a letter, I can't read the whole epistle....So no more FFK, now FOK.. Ngwanu congrats!!! Linda take note on this..!

Unknown said...

So long a letter, I can't read the whole epistle....So no more FFK, now FOK.. Ngwanu congrats!!! Linda take note on this..!

Unknown said...

Congrats

Anonymous said...

are you looking for a suger mummy or daddy please call this line 09050085168 please be mature.....

Anonymous said...

it pays to serve God....

Anonymous said...

it pays to serve God

Anonymous said...

serving God pays.........

Man Of God said...

congrats to you! so no more FFK it is NOW OFO (Oluwafemi Fani Olukayode) this is nothing but positive CHANGE! we hope to see more of these

Unknown said...

your comment would be visible after listening to radio Biafra

Anonymous said...

It amazes me how people drag God's name in everything they are doing both good and evil.
Is FFK saying he never embezzled money? Why is he thanking God, knowing right deep inside of him that he took public funds and bribed the judges.

AgorasBlog said...

Congratulations, FFK, but, please, be very careful, with them people from up north. They will always hate your guts for standing up to "northern mafia" and their satanic Boko Haram. Boko Haram sponsors might target you with "something" that cannot be seen with the naked eye, and odourless, colourless and hard to diagnose by doctors. Remember the mysterious death of late Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat? I don't trust "Boko Haram Sponsors." They are desperate and very, very frustrated that too many Nigerians are wised up and openly challenging the north's perpetual grip on power. They don't like that. I will never, ever trust those treacherous creatures, again. They are filled with unscrupulous, reprehensible and diabolic creatures with very strong links with lethal creatures in the U.S, Europe and Middle East that can do a lot of damage to government and individuals. Poison and targeted biological attacks could be their next method against the Southern Nigeria. If they and their satanic allies can wipe out Abacha, one of their own, they can target anyone. Don't eat or drink anything from them. Whenever you have to meet them, go with you own security, oxygen, and tell them you are on a long and unbreakable fast.

Anonymous said...

Mba he should have changed it to Snow white Kayode, never knew dis man knows God. Lesson learnt don't judge.


For all your quality and affordable female wears, accessories, handbags and footwear,kindly add us on bbm pin: 2bb40d42, we deliver at ur doorstep thank you.

Anonymous said...

Enter corner abeg na today. Thank PMB wey don give judiciary power to act without interference.

Anonymous said...

Enter corner abeg na today. Thank PMB wey don give judiciary power to act without interference.

Nky said...

congratulations sir.

Unknown said...

Lol I thought all Yoruba names has olu at d front of their name

Anonymous said...

Godly man. May God continue to fight for you IJN.

Lilian Fc Barcelona said...

Congrats Chief Oluwafemi Olukayode.

Unknown said...

Thank God. Don't know U know my God too. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Rubbish man full of shit and nonsense. Itz only a matter of time,u'll surely go to dat jail and ur artificial yellow pawpaw will take a selfie wit u there... dee

Anonymous said...

Wow! Olu(oluwa) beautiful.

Anonymous said...

No wonder his babe is even rejoicing more than him

Unknown said...

Who his change of name help!!!

Unknown said...

Good 4 him

Unknown said...

Good 4 him

Unknown said...

Good 4 him

Unknown said...

Congrats sir.I celebrate you.

Unknown said...

after all.said n done,he'd go bang dt sh*t called precious n u hear calling God like some saint, may He truly forgive u

mikky Micheal said...

Am sure you are not married yet n someone else is also banging u n u r singing "oh my gosh" on top am. Even if you r married, were you a virgin b4 marriage? .... hypocrite

Unknown said...

Ok o

Recent Posts