Couple hits pole driving fast, gf turns right to see 'him' smiling at her | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 9 January 2016

Couple hits pole driving fast, gf turns right to see 'him' smiling at her

Arika Stovall and her boyfriend, Hunter, survived a crash that should have killed them. It was “only by the grace of God” that both Arika and Hunter were able to stand on their own two feet—next to the hunk of metal that use to be a truck—and smile.
It’s a miracle how little damage was done to the both of them after their truck slammed into a pole going 85 miles per hour. Arika describes that the accident, “should have chopped their bodies in half.”
According to a post on Arika’s Facebook wall, she and Hunter had three seconds from when they started sliding off the road to impact. She wrote:

Three seconds. That's how long we had from the moment we drifted off the road until the truck hit the pilar at 85mph. In three seconds Hunter had to handle a situation that would either kill us immediately or save our lives. He keeps beating himself up for my pain but he saved my life. He keeps saying 'I should have protected you and I didn't do that' but he did exactly what he needed to do to make sure my life didn't end. The whole baseball player part helped him out...if he can hit a 95mph fastball he can do anything 😎. He took care of me. And when we were both lying in our beds in the ER he found a way to come protect my heart and give me a hug. Lord knows I needed that just as much as my safety.
I'm overwhelmed at how little damage was done to Hunter and I in a wreck that should have chopped our bodies in half. I'm in awe of the presence of God in this entire situation. Every part of this experience we went through points directly to Him. The way God helped Hunter to respond exactly the way he did behind the wheel, spinning the truck exactly where it should have to be able to smash into the pilar directly in the middle of me and Hunter so we were both untouched...that doesn't just happen. God doesn't throw protection around like that for no reason. He does it because he's not finished with us.
I have problems with my heartbeat. When I get anxious or worried it flutters pretty bad...pulling me into panic attacks. The moment we hit and I realized I was conscious I realized that is what was happening to me. While out of breath and trying to move my legs i was screaming..panicked...yelling for Hunter to just say something. I needed to know he was okay. Looking to the drivers seat all I saw was his head through the windshield, a face full of blood, and a body that wasn't moving. I looked straight out the truck and there was a man..bright with a big white beard. No other cars in sight...just this man. He was my guardian angel. He saw me and immediately told me that an ambulance was coming. I jumped out of the car, ran over to Hunters side and just looked at this man. From that moment until Hunter was cut & lifted out of the truck I believe with my whole heart that looking at this man helped me to literally believe in that moment that Hunter was next to me on the road. I dont know if it was a hallucination or me unconsciously dreaming or a glimpse of heaven...but all I knew in that moment was that Hunter was safe with me. This man..looking at him for a short moment..helped me not witness Hunter being peeled out of the truck. I believe if I saw that I would have had a heart attack. Right when Hunter was actually out and next to me, I asked this man when the ambulance was coming. He told me in just a second. He walked away, I blinked and a flashlight was in my face. The paramedics were there helping me and Hunter and the anxiety and worry if he was okay disappeared because we were in good hands.
Here is the miracle part: no broken bones, concussions that lasted not even 24 hours, no internal damage, and just a few stitches in my knee and hunters face. Only that after an accident that paramedics wonder how we didn't die instantly and a truck that looks like it's been through a tree grinder. We're both already released from the hospital not even 48 hours after entering. All of our belongings in perfect condition besides a few things here and there..and the only thing left behind at the crash scene is Hunters bible open, with a page marked with scripture telling us to not be afraid; Jesus is with us.
I am amazed. Absolutely taken away by the presence of God. So blessed for him sending me an angel. So thankful for Hunter and his second chance at life...for his healing and health. We are so fortunate for families who traveled hundreds and hundreds of miles to be with us. And so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that were sent our way. The power of prayer is real, and it healed me and Hunter. We are in a lot of pain because of the injuries, so any more prayers are appreciated while we recover.
But tonight I'm praying for all of you. If there's anything you read out of this novel I'm typing up here it's this: I want everyone to to know the love and the power of God. He has a purpose...and it's so clear that NOTHING...not even a car accident like this one will cause his plans for you to change. We are put on this beautiful earth for a reason and the reason is to help people know Him. We are made to show and share His love. And if it takes a car wreck like this for me to get to do that then I would do it all over again. I'm praying that everyone who reads this can get a glimpse of Gods faithfulness. He is GOOD. And working. And the plans he has for YOU and your life aren't going anywhere. Good or bad, what you want or what you don't want...it's God's doing. It's his plans unfolding. It's his kingdom coming. Embrace the struggles and the joys of this life! Without a doubt it's a miracle we're alive, but more than that it's simply Gods plan for us. We're so grateful for this wreck and all it will do in our lives. We are blessed to be okay. And so in love with the amazing God we serve.

129 comments:

Babylawyer. said...

Wow! It's huge miracle indeed that they got out of that car safe and sound. For real if it's not yet ur time ro go home nothing will take you.

@Lindaikeji No. I FAN

Unknown said...

It's indeed a miracle.
Abeg who read the full story?

Unknown said...

It's indeed a miracle.
Abeg who read the full story?

Unknown said...

Wow...

The devil is indeed a liar



What?



Meenah_wakil on instagram

Anonymous said...

Wow...

The devil is indeed a liar



What?



Meenah_wakil on instagram

Donjazzycrush said...

am I the only one that read half ? thank God for saving them.





Don~ jazzycrush

Donjazzycrush said...

am I the only one that read half ? thank God for saving them.





Don~ jazzycrush

Unknown said...

Allahu akbar!

Unknown said...

Definitely not Nigerian!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Can't believe they came out of "that" car barely unscathed. It truly is a miracle. Thank God for their lives









anaekwe.ucheslimj@gmail.com

reflex chuks said...

Really fatal, lucky them ....®©™

Eddy Ogbunambala said...

WOW! Thank God for their life

Anonymous said...

I woke up to this story n I realised that God is with me and I shall not be afraid of any thing not even the exams am going to write in a few months time

Unknown said...

Thank God for sparing there life



PEPSI ADDICT

DBANJ CRUSH said...

God is great








LINDA NOTIFY DBANJ

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful....so some oyibo can actually have sense

JAYZSBOSS said...

Omg... That was a serious narrow escape.

Alpacino D said...

Oh! Hit pole, instead of the G spot

Ladybird banks.birdlover said...

Linda am I suppose to read all dat

Xmoke said...

God never fails.

Sylvonce said...

God is awesome

Anonymous said...

ThankGod for them***

GHOSTFACE said...

Miracle

Anonymous said...

Enter your comment...My lord works in mysterious ways.

Unknown said...

When oluwa bless u no man fit trespass thanks be to BROS J



AJ MAIN BOY...

Unknown said...

Didn't have the time to read through, but I always tell people; don't hit full throttle if you can't handle the speed!

Unknown said...

God lives and He works in mysterious ways. Thank God for their lives. @securityman

Tinto said...

Beautiful God not even words can describe your power.

Anonymous said...

God is still doing miracles. God is wonderful and ever present to save His own. Thank You Jesus and for recognising Your power and mighty Hand in their miraculous survival, make them whole in Jesus' name, amen.

Unknown said...

Wow. God is really wonderful. To think that they both survive from that truck behind them, shows how miraculous God does his things. Congratulations to them.









Busy Fingers.

Unknown said...

Grace unlimited

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Waiting for your thanksgiving service.

Guineacar said...

Awww.. so touching. God thank you.for their lifes

Unknown said...

Too long a story. Thank God for your lives

Ade Joke said...

God is awesome.

Unknown said...

Thank God for u bt be very careful next time








LIB ADDICT#just passing#

YOUNG BUHARI said...

God is good..!

Millyxingf said...

Faithful God!

Ruthcindy said...

wow!

Seyi said...

Thank God for their lives

Unknown said...

Wow. Where would we be without God

Unknown said...

Only the living know the joy of life...with yet another breath

June said...

Lucky them

Anonymous said...

Wow! For a white person with so much love and recognition for God...im indeed touched. Bless u dear. Speedy recovery to u both.

Anonymous said...

best write up this January,God bless them both.God is Good,all the time

Unknown said...

Dey should thank God dey are still alive. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Praise be to the Lord

yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.com said...

God is good

Unknown said...

Thank God for their lives...

linda Last Born(IPHY) said...

What a Great God We Serve....

Unknown said...

Lucky dem.








#linda give me 1bo#

Unknown said...

Lucky dem.








#linda give me 1bo#

KING said...

God is good o

Demmy said...

It can only be God,

ThatFunctionGurl said...

Laaaawwwwdddd!! Somebody, love me like this!!!! This is all I ask

ThatFunctionGurl said...

Laaaawwwwdddd!! Somebody, love me like this!!!! This is all I ask

danex said...

god is so faithful

Unknown said...

His name is Jesus the Saviour who saves people and His other name is Emmanuel the God who is always with us blessed be his name for delivering you people.

Unknown said...

Thank God for their lives.


Sincerely speaking the mind of Amadioha

Unknown said...

Wow...

Anonymous said...

Wow. what a wonder...in the God we serve

Vickyfabulous adeleyevictor17@gmail.com said...

Woow, God is Gud

Unknown said...

God is really awesome. I thank God 4 their lives...serving God is never a waste of time

Unknown said...

Its d lords doin

Anonymous said...

I'm really touched.God is indeed good...we are all ere on earth for a purpose....best post in 2016 so far

Unknown said...

Marvellous GOD!

Unknown said...

God is the Greatest. Thank you Jesus

Deinma said...

The handwork of Jesus. Indeed a miracle.

constance said...

Glad u guys made it tru

Tobygnite said...

Blessed be your holy name #BabaLoke #owoloke

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Thank God dey survived it


...merited happiness

Mayberry said...

Thank God for life

Edobabe#teplinda#

Unknown said...

Awon joyriders. God has spared your life. Now you have to pay the high insurance premium. haha

Unknown said...

Yeye people
Do dey hv value 4 dia life,de answer is no
Everytin 2 dem remains adventure
Linda dont take note!






# oneandonlynwa@gmail.com#
# oneandonlynwa@gmail.com#

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm issorite!

Juss_Jess said...

God thank you for d miracle, you are dsame today, yesterday nd forever........

Anonymous said...

How great is our God... God is love (linda am saying hello)

Unknown said...

God,God, ohh God our Father. Who is like unto thee!! No One!!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm,am stl in awe. Great is thy faithfulness!

Unknown said...

Thank God for ur lives

Unknown said...

Wow! That's awesome. Thank you Jesus for saving them.

What a testimony.

Anonymous said...

Best story read on this blog

Anonymous said...

GoD mercy and faithfulness in action. Let us embrace Him. Praise God for your lives. Mama fifty..

dontJme said...

Wow.....just wow!

Unknown said...

Enter your comment...whoa!.....m sooo speechless

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus. What an amazing story. I am a man but I was moved to tears reading this. God is good!

Unknown said...

Enter your comment...i neva believed in al dz strange miracle stories ai used to hea....dx is real nd av gat to believe

Anonymous said...

You can see from their faces that they are 2 innocent young people, so much in love and with no evil in their hearts. God never forsakes His own.

Unknown said...

Wow this is so inspiring. Thank God for His love and kindness

Unknown said...

Too long!!!

Unknown said...

Thank u Lord

Unknown said...

Thank God for their lives.

Unknown said...

lucky couple.

Anonymous said...

Enter your comment...thank G

princess Stella said...

That's d power of God at work. I'd not have believed it, if not for this post that you survived the crash. Thanks for informing people hat God is Great and HE is always with us.

princess Stella said...

That's d power of God at work. I'd not have believed it, if not for this post that you survived the crash. Thanks for informing people hat God is Great and HE is always with us.

Unknown said...

Thank God


Rapuluchukwuifenineadigommakings@yahoo.com
Reporting from Delsu.

ezinne perps said...

hmmmmmmmmm

bimi said...

WOW,kai see God at work.miracles do happen.thank God for you guys ooo,but they should reduce their speed also sef naa.





LINDA PLS NOTICE ME OOOO

Unknown said...

God Grace & Mercy!!! Good for them!!! @tbflow$

Unknown said...

Then some people will say there is no God_how???his mercies are unending in our lives.....

Anonymous said...

God is good, he never forsakes those who trust in Him.

Anonymous said...

Our God is truely awesome. Thank God for your lives and the re-affirmation of your faith in him.

Unknown said...

This just shows more of God's love for all His creation. God really is good all the time.

Ladun Liadi said...

His mercies are on both the just and the unjust

Collette said...

Blessed be the name of God!

wisdomer said...

Thanks to God

Unknown said...

Glad they survived .. This kind of love no be here .. Na till death do them.apart

Unknown said...

hmmm
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Unknown said...

what a great miracle...angelmakiz@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Onyibo and their craze for unsuall tins...tnk God notin serious happened

Unknown said...

GOD is great ,and his mercy is always with us forever.#Abi linda#

Unknown said...

My God never sleeps never slumbers, his able, thank you jesus. Linda post o

Unknown said...

My God never sleeps never slumbers, his able, thank you jesus. Linda post o

Deinma said...

10k God for their lives

Unknown said...

10k God for their lives

Psalmuelle aka Samstone. said...

Thank God for their lives.

#LIB ADDICT#

Anonymous said...

Na dis kind oyibo people I dey lik no b those one wey no recognize God n believe everything is just science

Unknown said...

Miracles still happen. Thank God they both survived.






























#GLORY2GLORY#

Pesin Pikin said...

Hmmmm

Unknown said...

Wow...God is good thank God for their life

funkecrown05@gmail.com said...

Glory b 2 God

Unknown said...

God works in a miraculous way.


#Somebody must to love me tonight!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome God!They are not only in love,they know God.

Anonymous said...

Looooool! I honestly skipped the most of it :P too

owakah (A.K.A. Innosometin) said...

wonderful...

amakaluvlyG said...

GOD is AWESOME!!# inspired by Linda

Sidney Izulu said...

God sure knows to show Himself... it's a testimony for the world to see.
#5NIGHTSofGLORY2016
#SalvationMinistries
January 18-22 2016
4:30pm daily
www.smhos.org or www.5nog.org

Unknown said...

God you are awesome!

Recent Posts