Biko, my dear LIB readers, help me weigh in on this matter | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 21 March 2015

Biko, my dear LIB readers, help me weigh in on this matter

So, this morning I got a stinker email from a group that wanted me to do something for them that I refused. I want to tell you guys what it is and you tell me if I was wrong. This is from me, Linda, by the way, and not a reader...lol.

You guys remember the airport cleaner Josephine Agwu, who found money inside one of the toilets at MMIA and returned it? (read here) Well, an NGO wrote to me and said they had opened a gofundme account for the lady for people to contribute money to her in appreciation of her honesty and wanted me to help them publicize the page and get you guys to donate. I told them no! Continue to read why I said no.

Now, you all know that I have used this platform to raise money for a lot of people. I have also personally contributed my own money to some of these people and to a few causes, so I'm really big on helping people and giving back but I have a problem with trying to raise money for someone just because they were honest. 

Are we not supposed to be honest? Don't get me wrong. If I see Josephine today face to face, I'd definitely give her money and a hug...but that's from me personally. Now, asking my readers to give her money when she's not sick and when she's gainfully employed and even had her salary increased recently, that one is a different matter. What was I supposed to tell you guys? Please dash money to this lady for returning money that doesn't belong to her?

Not only was her action recognized and appreciated, she was also rewarded by quite a few people and groups. And don't forget the thousands of prayers and well-wishes. Trying to raise money for her via gofundme is an overkill...I think! You don't have to agree with me.

This brings me to the question I asked those people when they sent me a mail insulting me (lol) for refusing to publicize the page. Was Josephine not supposed to return the money? Was it hers to keep? If you saw money that doesn't belong to you somewhere, would you keep it? Are we not supposed to return lost items we found? If you keep it, does that not make you a thief? If she'd taken the money and was later caught, would she not have been called a thief? Would she not have been sacked? If it was in public with uncivilized people, would she not have been lynched? Is returning lost property not the right thing to do? So why are some people glorifying this behavior so much like she did something unbelievably unheard of?

Has our society lost its morals so much that returning money that doesn't belong to you is now something that deserves to get you a gofundme page? *sigh*

I'm done. Let me move on to other things but what do you guys think?

1,024 comments:

1 – 200 of 1024   Newer›   Newest»
Davido's driver said...

Such is life..Lindaobserve

Judeocracy said...

Brilliant response! You did the right thing!

Anonymous said...

No oh. in a country like ours her feat was outstanding and should be rewarded. others will see this and want to emulate. did u see how much she earns? i disagree with you on this one

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. The page is overkill.

rilla64 said...

They should leave you alone. Trying to use the woman to make profit for the group. You just gave them free publicity

Davido's driver said...

I bet the people would have had their own % from the gofunsme page..nigerians wana hammer via any means. Ok! Linda i am a womanizer and i heard hiv is real, since i am poor open a page for me so i can afford to buy expensive condoms. :( pls help!

VecturnMedia said...

That's not right. Her company rewarded her already.


Kindly click my profile name for creative and affordable Logo Design, Brand Creation, Website design and Development.
Email: info@vecturnmedia.com.
Twitter: @VecturnMedia
Facebook: Vecturn Media
www.vecturnmedia.com

Anonymous said...

Lindodo u make sense! You talk tru

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
.
Linda take ten gbosa abeg yu did great..... Nothing do yu....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Correct babe! I wonder oh

Anonymous said...

An opportunity to get money .....mtchewww. You do well jare linda

Bonita Bislam said...

Linda you're so on point.There are many people who have walked the path of honesty in this goddamn country without recognition of any sort.She's lucky she got rewarded plus a lot of publicity.Asking readers to donate to her isnt appropriate biko.Instead of doing that,lets donate for all the sick people and refugees in the north east who are genuinely helpless for no fault of theirs

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing

Unknown said...

You've said it all.

Unknown said...

I tink notin...d pipo askin u to donate re jus been selfish,pls move to d nxt page cos am rite behind you!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda she did the right thing. Let me tell you,she can get away with the money and never be caught. Don't think like a rich woman. Think like a poor woman that earns 7000 nAira monthly and has a lot of kids at home and live in a slum. Only few people can return the money. She deserved to be praised. If you do something like these in the states,you are going to be recognized and be shown full appreciation

Unknown said...

Aside from the fact that it's an honest thing to do, there are lots of people on this site that doesn't even have as much as she does? Are they suppose to contribute their own money for someone else's honesty? I really don't under why good deeds are being monetised in naija!!!

Jesus Reigns said...

Linda, u are a genius

Unknown said...

You did the right thing. It's so unfortunate our society has lost its moral value that people now capitalize on normal things to enrich themselves all in the name of raising money for someone that did what he/she is expected of.

Abeni said...

Good work people. Are trying to make money out. Of her. D lady concern not even care about. All this according to report I read

Unknown said...

It's not neccesary biko! Tho I must commend d woman 4 her honesty! But if we beging 2 raise funds now dat means d whole Libers deserve such 2,cos @least in one way or d oda we've don sumtin nice 4 sumone n we also nid 2 b appreciated! #no offence Mam but dats d truth#

Unknown said...

Linda, seriously with what is happening in our country now, is only few people that will do what Josephine did. But I think she has been rewarded enough.

Unknown said...

Linda let the lady have her time. Most popular people have a problem with new comers into the lime light..so i understand how u feel.... BTW, honesty is a big deal ,if it's found where its hard to get it. Why do u accept sponsored ads from politicians, are they not by default meant to be selfless? Don't compromise your stand dear. Raising fund for the lady is to tell her and others that it pays to be honest in an unhonest society.

Newsempireng said...

Linda, i agree with u on this!!!! Absolutely.... Good morales v been totally traded in our society!

They r even lucky u atleast replied their mail cos u usually dont... Guess u must v hopped ur game . Keep up d good work deary

Toronto Finest said...

Trash! And my question is that.. How much did the ungrateful bastards that has the money gave her?

Unknown said...

Linda, seriously with what is happening in our country now, is only few people that will do what Josephine did. But I think she has been rewarded enough.

Anonymous said...

Don't mind them linda. They are probably looking for a way to use the woman to raise money for their personal gains. So because she returned money that was not hers , Nigerians should contribute money and give to her??? They must be Jokers.

Unknown said...

My dear Linda don't mind em if anyone wants to give her money willingly, it's no problem buh force to ask people to give her might be little you and your positions so to me you're right

Unknown said...

very right lynda....this is sooooo ungodly...WTF were they thinking? open a fund raising for doing what? bullshit...there r so many causes for which they can raise funds....it was the lady's RESPONSIBILITY to return that money. as citizens we have Rights and Responsibilities...she was just doing what is expected from her...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Linda! you r right! The money raised might even be used by the NGO and not given to her! Linda, don't even mind them jor,, they want free money!


Check out my blog: http://winsbob.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the way u handled it professionally, but since u are seeking our view on this one, Go tell dem Retarded beggars to go FUCK demselves again. Bunch of crooked idiots with their stupid 419 innovation to rip all those passionate Libers off their hard earned currency. Besides , the woman in question does not deserve any cash gift for returning what is not hers.
I respect Linda's intelligence in analyzing the issues and i feel proud to say thatz a Billionaire single gal with Brains.
Once again, Fuck them.

Unknown said...

Linda you said it all already! Our society has so degenarated to the point where ppl can't tell what's right nor wrong

Anonymous said...

They are all thieves and greedy




Pastor videod Touching a Ladies body during a Prayer section in his Office


Mother Teaching Her Daughter a Hard Lesson For Sleeping With a Neighbor


Married Woman Caught Cheating with a Business Man in his Packing Store


Guy Caught his Girlfriend cheating with another Man in Lagos

mickeey said...

u don talk am well... no need to ask
LIB readers. For some of u f**l insulting linda for not posting. maybe we all LIB readers should start posting our account details for donations.

Unknown said...

Abegi... my forma name sake(linda) u did d ryt tim.. wen I returned 15m to sum1 who left it in d same taxi I boarded who honored me??? I didnt even asked to be noticed coz I felt dat was d ryt tin to do n need no more audience.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Very well said dear. U did no wrong

Unknown said...

I agree with you totally Linda.

Haddy said...

This is my first time, ever, that I'm posting a comment on this blog, though I'm an avid reader. I believe you should go with your gut in everything you do. So you don't want to contribute, no one should castigate you for it. Your reasons are valid and I am in support. We all know how generous you have been, so to receive a stinker from this group because you chose not to do what they asked, is completely uncalled for. It is your prerogative to donate to whatever cause you choose to and I totally agree that she has been rewarded and commended enough, for doing the right thing. Please, let's live and let live.

Manny said...

Linda i have to agree with 100 percent on this. I've had similar discussions with close friends about dis same thing recently. But Linda to answer your question yes our society is so decay. While we were discussing it a close friend actually called the woman foolish for returning d money and even said the woman can never be rich in her life. I looked at him with disbelieve. I've seen friends of mine wish they can just get into power and also loot the money.

Unknown said...

Go lady, say No is the right step taken...

Unknown said...

Lol. Left for me her reward is in heaven.

Unknown said...

Madam u shld knw nigerians jare dy use anytn 2 make moni wat u did was right any day I support u, those pple are useless opportunist kip bin who u are. God ll take u 2 places u won't believe.

Anonymous said...

Linda, u r right in all what u wrote. A lot of Nigerians would do d same but I don't know d percentage that will be as honest as her. But come to think of it, with so much POVERTY in d land mostly caused by d SATANIC govt we hv had since independence, many Nigerians who come across such situation might take d other route. U might reject not joining force with this group but u can give to this woman a substantial amount unnoticed. U hv given money to d public b4 many undeservedly, so from your heart, continue your generosity unannounced

9jahub.com said...

leave them linda..scammers




















visit 9jahub.com

laulipop said...

Linda u are right
And pls incase u people want to donate money, I av found a lot of people's money, handset, gold necklace etc and returned them wtout blinking an eye
So u can as well donate for me too

Prettyadroit said...

Well, from all indications she has gotten her reward. She is not broke n needing, so why raise money for her?

Anonymous said...

On a first note linda, not right to steal but how many other people would have done what she did?this woman only got a 7,200 naira addition to her 7,800 naira salary altogether now 15,000 naira,if she had stolen the money and got arrested, she would have been charged with robbery so why can't the goverment compensate her for not stealing it by upgrading her or give her a permanent job appointment? what has the owner of the money even done?what if the person didn't get to see the money ever again? and yet give the woman a token out of it is problem?and for the NGO, it should be voluntary so i guess that's a wrong move.

Unknown said...

Bae I support u till d end. Becos she returned sumfin dt doesn't belong to her doesn't make her a hero or sum1 to b celebrated. A simple thank you madam is enough. Dem even try give her money. I was in dubai when I forgot my things in a taxi. D driver brought it back to my hotel. Pls where is d guys medal of honour. Nigga SMH

EbonyAma said...

If u ask me na who I go ask?

Anonymous said...

Abeg no mind dem joor. They want to pocket the money from the gofundme account. Trust 9ja. They wanna make money from it.

Unknown said...

Bae I support u till d end. Becos she returned sumfin dt doesn't belong to her doesn't make her a hero or sum1 to b celebrated. A simple thank you madam is enough. Dem even try give her money. I was in dubai when I forgot my things in a taxi. D driver brought it back to my hotel. Pls where is d guys medal of honour. Nigga SMH

Unknown said...

Linda u done very well and said ur mind is exctaly wat I'll say to them too let them go help d man dat needs surgery with lost face morality has turned to something else

Unknown said...

dont mind them.....i support u linda,,,for her to return money that does not belong to you is sth she has to do if not she will end up inside prison, there is CCTV in the Airport....

why donating money...for what...???

Unknown said...

My dearest linda...you did nothing wrong... being honest is a good thing and she has been duly rewarded. Which one is go fund me account again eh?.. so Nigerians should now reward her abi? ..are we the government? ..abeg ignore the people

Debbie Chelsea said...

Don't mind dem....dey wanna use dis medium to eat money....idiots ....lindodo don't border urself about dis

Anonymous said...

Linda it was your call. And you did what was right for you and your conscious. Your points are valid in every sense. But the other people too did not mean bad. This goes to show how immoral and dishonest we are in our society. Even if you posted it I don't think she would have gain a lot from it. Because personally i wouldn't have donated. What she did was the right thing but doesn't have the emotional appeal to push people to donate. She did the right thing good.Thank you madam.

Unknown said...

They are very stupid... Naija sha..SMH

Unknown said...

Linda that was the best thing to do. If not then we should all have go fund me pages for having PVCs.You can't really blame dem tho, our leaders come on air to list achievements of something that is clearly thier responsibilities and expect us to clap for them. It's just like me buying requesting for an award coz my anus allowed shit to pass through it, like that is not what it's meant to do!!

Unknown said...

They are very stupid... Naija sha..SMH

Anonymous said...

You are very right.Sure d money is for their pocket

Unknown said...

Linda ignore them..Let them go to hell..The woman isn't sick or anything why donate money for her

Unknown said...

Bae I support u till d end. Becos she returned sumfin dt doesn't belong to her doesn't make her a hero or sum1 to b celebrated. A simple thank you madam is enough. Dem even try give her money. I was in dubai when I forgot my things in a taxi. D driver brought it back to my hotel. Pls where is d guys medal of honour. Nigga SMH

Unknown said...

Dats an avenue for scarm! Gud u rejected it mayb anoda group wil com nd say donate moni for a woman dat was raped etc gud 1 linda i support u on dis! Hmmm

Unknown said...

This is serious

Unknown said...

Left to me, I'd brand the gofundme thief.

Unknown said...

I just found a lost key at the bustop.....pls dash me money too.Yeye!!!!

Anonymous said...

i agree wt u linda....ndi oshi na ama


MISSVEE

Anonymous said...

Your reply was wrong and too hash. I my self i live abroad and i want to give her money. But i wanted it to be in a right way and to her.
what you should have done is make an appointment to verify if it was her or not . And the money should be paid to her account direct not an NGO

Anonymous said...

Well, i will say she did her self a whole lot of good by returning the money because CCTV camera is planted everywhere at the airport,if the owner of the money came back and complained about it,they would have traced it to her and found her culpable..

Unknown said...

morally upright person would do, she doesn't deserve any donations. This is happening because the guys that opened the gofundme account are morally bankrupt. It becomes a big deal when you do what's right. Our mentality has to change

Anonymous said...

I concur Linda. What rubbish i have returned back Alot of expensive things not mine without even getting a reward Which by the way i wasnt expecting cos it was the right thing to do. Linda dont mind them

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, putting up a gofundme page for a is an overkill like you submitted, but the act should be celebrated at all times and continuously.
The decadence is because we don't celebrate such acts, but unexplainable fame. So instead of gofundme, can we have a #dothe rightthing page using her as an ambassador? and make being an ambassador of such something to aspire to....my thought

Unknown said...

I support u Linda. Maybe those people dat sent u an email wanted to use d woman's name to get money from people. No mind them abeg give us better news jor.

Anonymous said...

linda this post makes so much sense.she did the right thing by returning the money, and we did the right thing by acknowledging her.people need to move past this situation abeg.

Unknown said...

The truth is that she returned the bag without opening it & not knowing money was inside, what if she opened it & saw the cash, would she return it???, Linda, I support you, you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. She didn't know money was inside when she returned. We should be faithful in every area & not expect a pat on our back for doing the right thing.

Unknown said...

You did very well Linda & am glad you handled the matter maturely. I really don't know what our beloved country has turned into. God help us all. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

You did very well Linda & am glad you handled the matter maturely. I really don't know what our beloved country has turned into. God help us all. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I think its been over flogged too. As a matter of fact, this go fund me" people are trying to make money off her. They are criminals, they need to be thoroughly investigated.

Anonymous said...

You are not wrong. But she need more recommendations than she is getting dear. 12 million is not 12 naira, and if I may ask how many people would return such?

Unknown said...

You did very well Linda & am glad you handled the matter maturely. I really don't know what our beloved country has turned into. God help us all. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

100% right linda

Anonymous said...

Nne u did the right thing biko. I don't even think that the Madam Josephine knows about the intended fund raising tin. Na waa for some naija people sef. mcheeeeeew

Anonymous said...

Linda I used to like u thhen I stopped cos u offended me,buut that's for another day. I love u now again for this singular action. U are a wise woman. I am with u on this

Diamond said...

As You pls dear. Society has changed cloth, shoes and bags sef a lot of humans now reason upside down abi side side down. Your thinking is in line but yet they won't do yours. The woman has gotten enough publicity, this pple wanna use her for funds too bad belle pple. They don't know that we who comment on blog spend lots of money on airtime and other utilities that make our phone useage work.

SANDRA said...

Madam Josephine shouldn't have returned d money. Period

Anonymous said...

I think linda u gave dem the right. Answer,sm people or grp of people are smthing else always luking for ways to exploit people of their money.may God save us.

SANDRA said...

Madam Josephine shouldn't have returned d money. Period

Oscu Uhunamure said...

Sisi Linda...biko...4get it...I support u on dis...we're s'posed 2 be honest..nor mind Dem jare..dis might as well be a public scam, raise money in her name












#LIB brand ambassador

Unknown said...

Can u imagine,everyone is now looking for money anyway

Anonymous said...

Crap!!! This is why my boyfriend thinks u have taken over half my brain cells...coz I'm always like.."Linda said...Linda posted...as linda would say..."...He'll say dat Lady doesn't even know u exist..but who cares...we think alike...Why should she even be news??..-if she returned lost money does dat make her a beggar or a celebrity?...Bullshit!!!...She's working 4 God's sake and is well paid..Nigerians r so "hypocritical" 4 my liking...Linda biko talk about oda tinz give it no thought.

Anonymous said...

She deserves recognition and publicity as well as a reward because her behaviour is rare in nigeria today.
We need to encourage it so dont dampen her spirits..

Stealing in Nigeria starts from the top, in this case a 'grassroots' citizen did the right thing.

Unknown said...

Yes,honesty should come naturally.They have no right to insult you. It's your blog and your choice what you put on here. That's Nigerians for you, they want to be paid for doing the right thing. *sigh* LIVE RIGHT ----C21

Anonymous said...

Well, since you asked for our opinions!!!

Methinks, you should have publicised it because we are in a country where ILL gotten wealth is published and celebrated.....
Being honest should be the norm but seeing today it isn't, then we should celebrate and praise the few that are still towing the right path! Its just how you clap for a child or sing if he/she does the right thing.......to encourage them and others that indeed it pays to do the right thing!

No need for you to start acting goody-two shoes or being off-handed about what happened...... plus they shouldn't have wasted time sending you the stinker mail.......they should have just moved on to other blogs or found other ways of making the site go public, its YOUR blog after all.

My two-cents

Unknown said...

You're 120% correct my dear. @ Linda Ikeja. There are so many people in critical conditions today that don't have any source of help, those are the people that need fund-raising.


Christ is coming sooner than we expect! Pls let's be ready.

Anonymous said...

Sis, I warned you.
.....................because you are ready to publicise anything (including any rubbish) that favours APC.
You have already started messing with your blog (getting annoyingly political) so any idiot can have the effrontery to insult you. But you were right to say 'no' to this

Anonymous said...

Looooooool na wa o biko ignore them. U did d right thing, probably dey may not give her the money, na hustling things hehehehe

yawanow said...

You did the right thing.
419 trying to ripe where they didn't sow.

Anonymous said...

Uhmm! Wonders indeed shall Neva cease...Linda,u knw wat? forget abt dem,they are thieves in disguise. U've done nothing wrong...Sure if they had found dt money,dts all abt it! Becos'they will not return it..Sheeps in wolves skin they are..They even hv d guts to insult u? Funny souls they are..U are so blessed Linda, ,so they shld jst get a life!

Anonymous said...

I agree wit u jare.. na by force ni























GET SIDE INCOME FROM THIS. CLICK HERE

Joey ADN said...

It's easy for you to say this because you are comfortable and rich. This is a woman who did something rare and looks like she could do with more money. She doesn't look rich at all and she looks like her family is just managing. Yet you are in a position to boost her finances and you said NO. The reasons you gave are actually very stupid. In a society where people reward good things, you are here forming 'she was supposed to return the money anyway'. If this was your mum, you wouldn't be here talking this trash. You are always so quick to post pictures of your sister who is a nobody but all of a sudden you can't post for a fundraiser? Be proud Linda.

sureguy@toronto said...

Linda your refusal is well supported by me thanks so much is not worth it .useless NGO want make xtra money from d story

Unknown said...




Linda my own opinion with what u wrote by calling her a thief if she has decided to keep d money , NO she is not but I think raising money from people is not d best option too..

Unknown said...

I don't see anything wrong too in what you did.
What if the foundation is fraud or they have their own share sef.

Anonymous said...

Linda she got a 7,200 salary increment which now brings her total salary to 15,000naira. How is that being 'gainfully' employed? Don't be an insensitive person. Yes we are supposed to return money that's not ours but then, don't people get rewarded for good behaviour? When you do well in school and your parents reward you, are you not supposed to do well? Why do they then reward you? I'll be nice and tell you. Its to encourage you. Make you realize that your hard work is not in vain. Lemme stop here. I'll save the caustic words I have for you because I know so many other people will give them to you. Smh what a disgusting post.

Unknown said...

Linda pls drop their email id so I can send them a hell of a stinker mail.(with shit and everything). It's balderdash and beyond stupidity yo open a gofundme for that. The NGO is obviously a profit seeking organization who want to cash in on this. Bloody dolts. U give money to sick people, charities and causes like Ebola or sickle cell. Not for someone obeying their bible or Koran which both implore us not to steal. Public acknowledgement and praise is all she needs and Linda already gave her that. Giving her rewards remain a personal decision of anybody who chooses to do so. No coercion is tolerated. #udo

Mokiraoluwa said...

How sure are you that they sent the mail on her behalf. The rouges dont understand that if you do good today you'll surely be rewarded by God. It may not be now but soonest

IBK said...

The idea of raising money might actually appear genuine and sincere especially in Nigeria where the society is so morally low and scare. You {Ms Linda} asked if she is not expected to return the money, well she is and i wil also add no. She earns little barely enough for transport but she knows half bread is better than none so she stil reports for work daily till when she found the money which am sure she might have reasoned twice before returning. BUT SHE DID.
Now i kept hoping to read where it was reported that the owner of the money rewarded her honesty but naaah no such news.
An NGO took it up and then rewarded her even her employers gave her a raise ALL FOR HER HONESTY.
The FG has times without numbers awarded Honest Nigerian Citizens for their Honesty simply because we have gotten to a point in our society where such basic and moral values are no longer appreciated.
So Yes Kudos to her for being honest.
If you sample your readers, most won't ever return the money especially in Nigeria where corruption is at its peak.
I feel continous raising of funds for her is not necessary however AS MANY NIGERIANS WHO WILL SHOW HONESTY SHOULD BE APPRECIATED AND REWARDED.
Afterall we heard it that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION however Someone HONEST knows its the same mindset that governs both

Unknown said...

U sooo right
I mean if this had appen in a western world
It wont make news self
Abeg leave busy body ppl to mind dia worl jare
Yeye dey smell

Unknown said...

Dont help them publicize anything........She has been rewarded to an extend......openly a bank account and asking Nigerians dat re seeking for employment to pay money in is so so wrong.........Its very possible dis pple asking You (Linda) for this wants to do so for their own gain.............She did a good thing by returning the money........But its wrong for Nigerians to be asked to pay money into an account for her......









Moye says so via BB Passport...Courtesy LIB....

Don Effy said...

Linda, i quite share ur views, we live in an opportunistic world where some people take advantage of every situation whether good or bad to extort and exploit others for selfish reasons.....pls Linda take a chill and welcome to the REAL world where every mans hands in another mans pocket!!!

Anonymous said...

You are right linda don't bother yourself with them..Btw this Josephine don turn celeb.LMAO

Unknown said...

On point😊

Endy said...

Lili I agree with u 100%,Some Nigerian like to make money out of nothing,If she didn't return the money she would have be caught cos there is a CCTV close to where the bag was picked and besides is not as if she knew money was in the bag,she thought it was bomb,greedy idiots...no be only go fund me.

Endy said...

Lili I agree with u 100%,Some Nigerian like to make money out of nothing,If she didn't return the money she would have be caught cos there is a CCTV close to where the bag was picked and besides is not as if she knew money was in the bag,she thought it was bomb,greedy idiots...no be only go fund me.

Unknown said...

I don't see why being honest should be taken as a big deal, is honesty lacking in our society?
She woman tries, yes.
But why over rating the whole issue.
By the way she didn't even look inside the bag,
So she doesn't know there was money inside.

B.... Jagaban said...

i support your decision.

Anonymous said...

"If you see her you will give her money" The big question is, Why will you do that? Your reason is the same why they want to support her. It's dispecable that a Nigerian agency will work with agencies who cannot obey govt directives of minimum wage. Even wit the supposed increment, it's still below minimum wage. So dear, it's ur platform and it's ur choice. You don't need people to tell u what is rigth or wrong. We all have a mind of our own.

Anonymous said...

>>> you are quite right linda.....guess its cos of the kind of society we find ourselves.....

Unknown said...

What is that ur name again?common!!! tot ur r civilized.. this kind of thing happens everywhere in the world.yes!is a big deal...honesty is a big deal, people get compensated everywhere in the world for it.how many including u can do what she did...ur words just proved how dishonest u as a person can be.if there is a platform for that,i personally will contribute because what she did is what one out of a million can do...u just disgust me now with ur stupid opinion.

Unknown said...

U are right on point, period

Unknown said...

Thumbs up for you Linda………….. I will also do dsame

Unknown said...

dats was actually wrong of u,dis group of individual are apparently making an extension of appreciation to dis lady..in dis country Nigeria our image has been tarnished,so it's high time we buckle up nd create an awareness to bring back that good name....at least they want every Nigerian to stand up to their feet to advocate to dis great syndrome

omasexy.... said...

@Linda,U r absolutely right! Like u said,if and wenever u see her face to face,u can appreciate her.Though it was good of her to have returned d money and she's bin compensated adequately.They shud allow people give her money on dia own accord..But if dia r pple who wants to give and doesnt know how to reach her,only then can u publicize d gofundme.

Unknown said...

I agree with u Linda

Mzz_Mary said...

This world is really coming to an end
So we have to donate money to thank someone for doing wat is supposed to be done.
Abeg Linda I picked smeone's phone and returned it, pls send me money too *lmao*

Shelterlovely@gmail.com said...

Well done Linda.u did well.criminals they need part of d money.honesty is now a big problem. But steals ok.let that gofunme page never see d light of d day.It's all for d wrong reason

Unknown said...

You are very right on this Linda. It only shows that we have redefined our reality in this part of the world. Stealing is now the expected behaviour while being honest and true is the unexpected. It only shows that we seriously need some value reorientation. Its time we truly imbibe the culture of honesty in our children so they also do not see it as unexpected behavior.

Unknown said...

First of all, this stuff is really interesting.. Okay. Without any epitome of doubt, Mrs Josephine Agwu did something really commendable. With the current level of moral decadence in our world, its actually no longer a norm to return such huge sums. She deserves to be appreciated, so as to encourage young ones about the benefits of being honest. But as regard the "gofundme" account, I honestly don't buy it. It might be a good prospect, but with the level of fraud in our country, one needs to apply caution when dealing with monetary transactions. Whoever wants to appreciate Mrs Josephine Agwu can locate her at her place of work or something, not by paying money to an account not owned by the beneficiary. That's my opinion, I stand to be corrected or probably constructively criticized.

Damilola Tee said...

You did the right thing Linda, getting funds from people all because the woman was honest enough to return the money she found(which of course is what is expected of every individual)is too mainstream.the funding thing sounds like she is being paid for being of good moral.

Unknown said...

I agree with u Linda

Anonymous said...

Personally i think what u said makes a lot of sense. Am pretty sure that she has recieved unlimited favor for her action. However i do not think the decision to give or not to give is yours. You cannot decide for your readers. All u needed to do was post the stuff and let your readers decide personally if they want to give or not. You cannot decide who deserves a donation from your readers. You should not decide for them

Anonymous said...

Personally i think what u said makes a lot of sense. Am pretty sure that she has recieved unlimited favor for her action. However i do not think the decision to give or not to give is yours. You cannot decide for your readers. All u needed to do was post the stuff and let your readers decide personally if they want to give or not. You cannot decide who deserves a donation from your readers. You should not decide for them

Unknown said...

I concur wit u Linda... This is another level of begging compared to d ones we see at d road sides or motor parks....

Anonymous said...

Linda, We should be honest and yes she should, have returned the money. However our society as is is so depraved and bereft of moral standing that it indeed rare to see people do what she did. So such people should be encouraged. However to what extent should they be encouraged? National recognition for one, and she nas already got this. Money? To an extent that it does not change her from a humble content person leaving above her means. So I agree with you she has gotten enough and we should letter her be at least on a collective level. Those that have access to her can give her gifts on a personal level. Chukzee

Unknown said...

Abeg as you said let move on how will I donate for someone that is hail and healthy all becos she was too generious is that not her duty as a good citizen hope they are not scammaer**next pls**





...JOSHSAYSO...LIB...FAN

Anonymous said...

U 1000% right linda

Unknown said...

Well said linda what rubbish why will dey ask us to donate money for her dat uncalled for atleast we have praise her enough am sure d woman may not have sent does people massage to ask for money on behalf

Stephen said...

Perhaps they felt the salary increase wasn't enough, which even brings me to the question, why would someone be traveling with such cash. i'm on the fence here. but i feel publicizing it doesn't make any sense. She did what every honest and humble person should. She should be commended and not actually paid to be honest.
Regards / Stephen.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong in raising money for her Linda. She needs it and it will encourage other people to return such things that do not belong to them.

Unknown said...

Wow! Quite an elaborate speech frm u Linda. I never knew u were a very good writer until now. Thumbs up girl and more power to ur elbows.

To answer ur question dear, do they think u run a charity organisation or wht? If they want u to publicise d gofundme or whtever they want u to publish then they should b ready to foot d bills for it. It high time u draw d line btw business and b generous dear. Nigerians we knw hw to fool oursef in d name of pursuing a bogus cause.

Linda in all cylinder's u nailed it wit ur salient points u highlighted on ur post. I am so proud of u and pls ignore those idiot's dat insulted themsef and not u. They don't worth ur attention's dear.

Long Live LIB! Long live LIB!! Long Live LIB!!!

Unknown said...

Linda, u re right!! She's nt d first person t return wot does nt belongs t her nd neither would she b d last. Moreover, she has b rewarded, then what's d excess of creating a gofundme acct 4 her? Besides, she's nt sick.

Unknown said...

See wahala

Unknown said...

U r so right Linda....don't mind them jare..

iphii said...

Linda u do well #lindaletstalkabtthis

Unknown said...

You are completely right linda...and thank you for standing your ground....its a pity our society now wants reward for any little good done forgetting God's reward is the ultimate....

April rose opinion...

Unknown said...

ure kindoff right.,,,,u can just post where she works for pple that feel like blessing her or giving her gifts.. bcause rare acts like this should be cherished nd should not be taken for granted.......from...osibodu adeolu.... adeolu.osibodu@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I totally support you Linda on this matter.
Keep it up jare.

Anonymous said...

pls kindly visit our blog for more seligreporters.blogspot.com

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Indeed our society lost its morals so much that returning money that doesn't belong to you is now something that deserves to get you a gofundme,linda biko ignore dem and move on jareee

pretty bee said...

Linda, don't mind those criminals calling themselves NGO, dey only want to make money for themselves. No mind dem, na poverty cause am,lol.

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Indeed our society lost its morals so much that returning money that doesn't belong to you is now something that deserves to get you a gofundme,linda biko ignore dem and move on jareee

Unknown said...

Person way get money no give her chi chi which one come be my own way I won cum donate..





..JOSHSAYSO...LIB..FAN

Anonymous said...

Na today?...Guess they are making her regret her actions typical of most hungry band busy body naijarians

Tormuto said...

It is God that should (in His own way), reward someone for doing good whatsoever.
Once you're trying to capitalize on your good act to raise some fortune for yourself, you've already missed it.

- Jesus (Mat. 6:3)

Anonymous said...

Im a bigfan of u linda n wish ur my sis*winks*
I support u on dis one I see no reason y money should b contributed for her for being honest yessssss she did d ryt tin God bless her I must say Im also a very honest persn so mayb u raise money for me too...lol

Anonymous said...

Do not mind dem,419 pple,trying 2 reap wht they did not sow

inmyopinion said...

linda,i would have lost all respect for u if you agreed with them,i mean what kind of people have those people been around to be in awe that someone in nigeria did something nice,i have a new found love and respect for u now,more than u can even begin to imagine.naija people and their sense of entitlement,they can go to hell.u did the right thing.

Unknown said...

I think the NGO or whatever they are are just doing this for their own selfish benefit.

Unknown said...

Lindodo, u dey correct. Y we go contribute for bin honest.

Selig said...

The woman need to be commended

Pls click on our name to read more

Unknown said...

Real Talk, Honesty is the best policy, Y d fuss about doing the right thing

Unknown said...

Well I believe your line of argument is right. We are supposed to be honest, but the truth is a lot of us are not. If celebrating the good woman will help others to be honest, what's the harm.

frank said...

This woman's issue got to stop

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing my dear Linda. How low are our morals that being honest should now be rewarded? To show you the level we have descended to... They abused you for saying no. Smh. Don't trust these guys. Maybe they wanted to use the account in a fraudulent manner. The reason they are pained!!! Kpele ooo #gofundyourself# group....

Anonymous said...

Jackpot

Anonymous said...

Linda, i might not support the idea of contributing money for her, but her action demand praise.. Do you know how much that get lost everyday? And people pick them up without returning them, leaving the owners downcast.

Anonymous said...

I honestly couldn't agree more. I think you did the right thing.

Unknown said...

She did well by returning the money. But I think she has gotten enough reward already. Opening a gofundme acct is over doing it. And i think the so called NGO are trying to take advantage of the situation for their own personal gain.

Anonymous said...

Weldone Linda... I am proud of you. I never commented here before but thought it wise to do so. If you ask me i think they are scammers really, for if 10million is raised I can bet they would disappear.

She is a honest citizen and she deserves the honor she got not a gogofundme scamming account.

Unknown said...

Personally. I appreciate her honesty and
I think I understand what you're trying to say.
But since she's not sick and she has already
Been rewarded for his good deeds
I seriously don't see any reason for it.
But if an individual personally wants to help
Then it okay but not to use it to task pipo.

Unknown said...

She has been rewarded. Don't be surprised that this gofundme people will only give this woman a small proceed from what they realized, thereby eating the rest. It's a form of another wayo if you ask me shaa.

Ajike uchenna said...

LINDA THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY FROM HER ACT OF HONESTY.REPORT TE MATTER TO THE POLICE IF YOU FEEL THREATEND

Unknown said...

What is that ur name again? this type of thing happens everywhere in the world. people get compensated for their honesty.honesty my dear is a big deal.if u don't want do what they ask of u,back off and not to come here and write shit...tot u r civilized?!!what that lady did is what one out of a million can do including u...so don't judge what u don't understand.put ur self in that lady shoes that earns below minimum wage and u found such a huge sum that could change ur life...be careful what u dish out with ur mouth?

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly on this issue, we all have to make choices in all our actions and face the concequence, "enter ye in at the strait gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction . Stealing/taking something that does not belong to you is a crime.

Unknown said...

You are absolutely on point. The problem is that our society has gone so below the morality line that any act of uprightness feels like a big deal. I am with you. Do not bother about the insults. They are mere expression of opinion.

Adamu Garba said...

Linda, yes I support your NO on this one.Some people may say yeah, let's do it, but why should we raise money? For what purpose? Or the Madam don turn beggar? Why are the requestors even insulting you? Na by force to give them money? Or is this a scam in disguise? Well, who want give, make dem give O, no wahala!
Otherwise, tell the requestors to look for another medium to raise money take dash the Madam! Ndi ori! Shi ke nan!

Anonymous said...

Linda you are right.

Simi said...

I agree with you. It's sick to say we should donate money for being honest. If that's how life rules every one should be a millionaire then.

Unknown said...

The truth is that I personally have done lots of good things in terms of being honest e.g last week I returned my neighbours shoes that he forgot in my house...so pls Linda ask ur readers to donate money for me too will send u my bank details later #BULLSHIT

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Talking about it Sef isn't worth it.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you should have accepted.
like you asked have we lost our moral values, The answer is YES.
This can go a long way in encouraging others.

Unknown said...

Linda! In my own opinion you have done what is right by refusing to publish such cos it would have been so low of u to do that. To me it's a form of exploitation cos it's not necessary. Thanks

olisa said...

U are just on point.dont mind them.

Unknown said...

You did the right thing!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Ms Linda, if say you publish the article here ehen... I for wash you with hypo

Unknown said...

Babes, good response. You did well. They should go and hug transformer.

Sleek said...

I also share your sentiments, Linda. and i think you did the right thing. It's just bad that our societal morals are not to write home about.

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you did the right thing.

Funso Wisdom said...

I support u fully on this one,afterall she's gotten all her reward,fame nd even salary increase,such further gestures will only portray Nigeria as a very corrupt society,if such act are overly celebrated..maybe someone will reward me for going to work on a saturday soon.

Anonymous said...

Linda I agree 100% with u.honesty is something that should be an everyday thing.raising money for her would have been crazy just cos she was honest.its d same tin I watch on TV everyday,wen our politicians build tins like hospitals,d way dey go abt it,i begin to wonder if it's not the right of Nigerians to have hospitals.why announce on TV dt u built a hospital.na wa o

Sexydiva said...

Aunty Linda I totally agree with your actions. Dint mind them, I an so sure the lady might not know all this, Nigerian too like scam.

Click here for juicy gist

Ngozi M said...

Please when did we start donating money for honest people? Honesty should be a virtue that everyone has. It is going overboard to ask people to donate money for her.She has been recognized and rewarded for her honesty and it should be left at that.

We as Nigerians have lost it. We do not have morals again. Please ignore them.

Anonymous said...

The group might b a scam believe me!

Anonymous said...

They should email the guy whose money she found...Mtcheew...Nobody shd give her anything...mtcheew

Unknown said...

It is really sad the way people think. U r entitle to ur opinion. If that is how u feel so be it. If it is someone that need emergency medical treatment, people won't pay too much attention like they were giving this woman. Nobody can force anyone to do what they don't want to do. U have ur right

Unknown said...

...It is better for God to reward her than for man!

Anonymous said...

Nigerians are the only people who makes doing the right thing seem abnormal. Clearly, limits and boundaries exist. Thanks for being sane Linda....people are dying of cancer and heart disease, Nigerians keep that in mind

Tunji said...

On point, they are just looking to score cheap points. They should start a crowd fund for the millions of BH IDPs scattered all over Nigeria, maybe pick one camp.

Unknown said...

...It is better for God to reward her than for man!

Anonymous said...

They are scammers...they too need the money don't be surprise she might not get the details on this deals

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1024   Newer› Newest»

Recent Posts