Nigerian journalist arrested and detained in Niger Republic | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 18 October 2015

Nigerian journalist arrested and detained in Niger Republic

The Deputy Editor of Daily Trust on Sunday, Danjuma Lawan Adamu, has been arrested & detained by security officers in Niger Republic while he was on an assignment investigating the route used by Nigerian youth to migrate to European countries. A statement from the media house says Danjuma was arrested and is being detained over allegations of inappropriate travel documents.

Daily Trust executive director/editor-in-chief Malam Mannir Dan Ali in a statement quoted Danjuma as saying ...


"I got necessary travel approvals from the Nigerien consulate in Kano, Nigeria and at every checkpoint; I presented them upon request and was allowed to proceed. I had passed up to 10 checkpoints and was cleared accordingly until I approached Agadez. The security alleged that the document authorizing my journey was signed but wasn’t stamped. I have been detained since then and am left wondering how I should be punished for a fault of no mine. As an experienced cross border reporter, Lawan Danjuma sought and got the relevant documentation from the Kano Consulate office of the Nigerien embassy after stating his mission to Agadez" Dan Ali added that "It was the same documentation that he used at different check points including the Nigeria/Niger border post at Kongolom, Katsina state and was only stopped and arrested on reaching Agadez,”.
Meanwhile Daily Trust is calling for the immediate release of Danjuma.
"We see the arrest as an infringement of his right as an ECOWAS citizen and have since reached the Nigerien authorities to ask for the release of the reporter. We are shocked that more than 24 hours after the arrest, he still is being held and his freedom is being curtailed”

42 comments:

Davido's driver said...

This is unfair

Unknown said...

Okyyy then,so what shld we do.....

Unknown said...

What the hell,I was humiliated somewhere around ikeja because of stamp I don't even notice it,I plead and plead before I was release so bad. TIMILEYIN BLESSING

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

It's wa! The way shi! Happen dis days.

Nkem #BMD said...

Niger kwa....is it not dat same Niger ?.....mtcheeeeeew

Unknown said...

Again?Video: Agege night club where girls dance naked & sex on stage

Unknown said...

I hope dis issue wil b sorted out asap...

Unknown said...

I hope something is done to address dis rubbish. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I hope something is done to address dis rubbish. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I hope something is done to address dis rubbish. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Okay...

Unknown said...

Believe me when I tell you that the authorities in Agadez are not unconnected to the deals cos they are profiting millions from this trafficking route immensely. Corruption is everywhere in Africa.

AMARACHI (LindaIkeji's Daughter) said...

Sorry dear! But that grammar there is hot!!! "...for a fault of no mine''

Northern Princess 7 said...

The should better release him before I Vex

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Hm/mm

Unknown said...

Nawa ooo

Blog It With Olivia said...

Sorry to him o














#It WiLL oNLy gEt beTTer
#iT MuSt eNd IN pRAisE

Eze said...

Niger of all country, imagine...... Alot of stupid countries don dey embarrass Nigeria

BONARIO NNAGS said...

I hope he's released as soon as possible.


~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

Unknown said...

Africa's are Africa problem

Unknown said...

THATS BAD






AUNTY LINDA........

Unknown said...

THATS BAD






AUNTY LINDA........

Unknown said...

THATS BAD






AUNTY LINDA........

Carina Kikelomo Jacob said...

Gobe!
www.ckjacob.com

Unknown said...

Hmmmm! Think there is more to this

secret of blogging revealed said...

please they should let the man go jare, which kind of security bridge is that nonsense story they are telling???.....(get the bloggers secret weapon of success,
Click Here! )

Unknown said...

Linda take not

amazing said...

Urgent intervention by relevant authorities please. Our people can't be maltreated in Europe & America & suffer same fate in Niger. Let all media houses show solidarity. Blow it loud!

Unknown said...

He should be freed...

Jasmine Joseph said...

Na wa ooooo for why??? Common Niger republic

Anonymous said...

You are an idiot.

ary said...

I hope it is sorted out soon.

Anonymous said...

Common Niger #Smh !, pls kindly follow me up on Twitter @Cute_Namera

ary said...

I hope it is sorted out soon.

ary said...

I hope it is sorted out soon.

Anonymous said...

No dear

Anonymous said...

Sharrrap. Wetin uwan do? Bokoharam dey Una never end am

yawanow said...

Quite unfortunate. Hope hez released.

Unknown said...

I hope they release him ASAP.












#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

I hope they release him ASAP.












#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

Something should be done about this. Its not correct

MY TURN said...

#HardTalk So the news trending on social media is about Linda Ikeji's new over 500Million Naira house on Banana Island. Young hardworking woman at 35 WOW! Kudos to her but then I want to speak to people out there who will look at this and say she's just lucky. Trust me Luck has nothing to do with this. Let me ask you, how many times have you been presented with an opportunity that may change your life and you either turn your nose up at it, or keep pushing it aside saying those three sad words " I am Busy". Busy being broke I say, yes because in the real sense of it most of the time, what you are busy doing is helping someone else build their dreams while you neglect yours. Why don't you listen, take a look at the opportunity first, try your hands at it and then decide if it's for you or not. Better to try and fail than not to try at all.I read something recently “Good things come to those who SWEAT". Did you know Linda tried modeling and failed? Did you know she tried talent hunting and failed? Tried her hands on event organizing and FAILED. Her list of failures go on before she decided to try blogging and hit it big (not in one day o) she was consistent, focused and determined.
Now not all of us have the patience to blog like Linda but most of us do one thing every day and this is recommend something to someone. From clothes, to cars, to skin care and beauty products to where you can get the sweetest akara or rice. This is what they call NETWORK MARKETING… Yes that thing you run away from is what you already do. Now why don’t you get paid for recommending stuff to people? I saw the opportunity 5 years ago through FOREVER LIVING PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL and today I am happy. I may not have a house yet in Banana Island but I am not broke, I go on at least two all-expense paid trips every year, given spending money and taking on tours by the company.Next year it will be Greece and South Africa. It’s not for lazy people I tell you but it’s worth it. Before I forget I still work AN 8-5 JOB and run my website.(This is what is called multiple streams of income).
Linda has set a standard, you can be an undergraduate and be a successful entrepreneur, and you can be working in a multinational and still do this business. It’s for everyone who still has dreams and want more from life.
My summary next time someone brings an opportunity your way look at it. As far as it doesn't involve killing, stealing, prostituting, or rituals attempt you hands at it you just never know.
Lets talk send an email to organicladyng@gmail.com or sms 08185819276

Recent Posts