From a poor boy in Mushin to the president's official photographer - The inspiring story of Bayo Omoboriowo | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 11 June 2015

From a poor boy in Mushin to the president's official photographer - The inspiring story of Bayo Omoboriowo

Meet Bayo Omoboriowo; President Buhari's official photographer and guess what? He is just 28 - written by Chukwudi Iwuchukwu
For many Nigerians on social media, we always admire the beautiful pictures of our new President, Muhammed Buhari. We admire the elegance and the story the pictures portray, we salute the aesthetics behind the image but not many know that the guy behind it all is Bayo Omoboriowo the official photographer of the president and amazingly, he's just 28.
When I met Bayo for the First time February 14 this year at Buhari Valentine dinner here in Lagos, I did not know who he was, he was dressed in an impeccable manner, with suit and tie and then was carrying his camera like a baby I thought he was just one of those "I just came back to Nigeria" guys who like over dressing with their camera not until he told me to stand for him to take a snap shot of me, I did and after the shoot, we got talking, when he mentioned his name, I remembered I had read his interview 3 years back, an Interview he did with Bella Naija talking about his passion for photography, his dreams and where he want to be in the years to come using the instrument of his camera.

My respect for him grew higher that moment and I told myself: "Indeed Dreams come true" Bayo Omoboriowo was born without silver spoon, he tasted poverty, experienced the low esteem Poverty inflicts on its victims but never allowed his past to define him, he decided to change his story and that he has successfully been able to do looking at what he has done for himself within a space of 6 years

He took his destiny by his hand, discovered his passion which was photography, refined and turned it to a business and income making project.

One thing you have to give to this young man is this, he never allowed the distraction that being a youth bring to distract him from his focus , he graduated from University Of Lagos in 2009 and since then he has only been doing one thing, Photography and today, he is the official photographer of our dear President.

Bayo is one of the 20 man delegation that followed Buhari to Germany On Sunday , seeing his name on that list brought smile to my face, this shows how far he has gone and where God has taken him to. I could not have been prouder of my generation and the envelop we are pushing, the stories we are changing and the boundaries we are taking in spite of the difficulties of being a Young Nigerian.

Bayo's life is teaching young people what is possible and doable, , a man born in poverty at Mushin Lagos 28 years ago is flying with the President all over the world today because of his passion and determination to give meaning to his life, what then is your excuse?

Life is too short to just waste on unnecessary gallivanting. Discover your passion, key into it and start now. You don’t need capital to start, you just need few people who believe in your passion and would do anything to see it come to fruition.

Your network determines your net worth; those friends around you have a lot to do with your tomorrow, more than you know. Bayo's of this world are passing a compelling message to young people to leave every other thing that is distracting them and run with their dreams. Lives and destinies are tied to that dream and that is the more reason you need to take that bold step and believe in your ability to do it.

Again let me emphasize, Bayo started from the bottom, he started with zero capital. he had nothing except his incredible belief in God and the dream he has and nothing more.

I wish you all the best in this journey and hope to celebrate your journey tomorrow.

Chukwudi Iwuchukwu Is A PR Consultant and Passive Lawyer,

100 comments:

Unknown said...

Okkk

nnukwunwanyi said...

Good for him

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Good for him

Davido's driver said...

Godwin

Davido's driver said...

Thank God for his life. Lindaobserve

Chidinma Grace said...

I love this!

Unknown said...

Indeed Dreams come true...........very inspiring

Unknown said...

I swear the boy is too much....d pictures no be here

Anonymous said...

GUD...MNY PPLE VE INSPIRIN STORIES,...SOME PPLE R IN D PROCESS, AWAITIN TO B SINGLED OUT BY GOD, WHILE GOD VE SINGLED SME OUT ALREADY. I PRY DAT MY TYM COME SOON AND PRY NT TO MISS IT FOR ANY REASON SO HLP ME GOD,.AMIN...TOMJERRYSWIT

Anonymous said...

The definition of favor and hard work
~D great anonymous!

Unknown said...

Woooooooow! I am so inspired to be great, no excuses. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Wow! Wat a gr8 piece n gr8 achievement, kudos 2 him

Unknown said...

Wow! Wat a gr8 piece n gr8 achievement, kudos 2 him

Unknown said...

Woooooooow! I am so inspired to be great, no excuses. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

So happy for him

Unknown said...

This is the type of story that we want to read on LIB, this will inspire your readers and make them strive for the best not Kim and Catyln or what is that his name again ?

Order for your beautiful bedspread @ 79AEFD3B. Delivery available nationwide.

Your No. 1 DATA Vendor Call/WhatsApp 09028450336 (Get Your Cheap & Affordable DATA on All Networks) said...

Nice one

@MEETD®EALEVANS™ said...

PARENTAL ADVISORY!!!
***adult content***



Inspiring...

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww!! #Totally Inspiring!!....Congrats Bayo!!.....#PASSION!! #HARDWORK!! #DELIGENCE #GRACE #GRACE! AND MORE #GRACE!

Unknown said...

Wow! So happy for him

Anonymous said...

Inspiring..

Anonymous said...

Interesting!.... One day I'll share my story also. *smiles*

phatgal said...

chukwudi iwuchukwu?wow esibe eyeyes brother.i always admire his writeup

Unknown said...

Yes! I love this! I'm currently working on my passion. I hope in God. Congrats Bayo

Anonymous said...

Bayo Omoboriowo, everytime again and again, i marvel at how you have evolved, right from Chemical Engineering faculty, when you would be asking me for my class notes. Just basically disturbing me to search for my old notes...or the village evangelism where you usually took the lead...chemical engineer turned photographer indeed..You have truly emerged.. We are very proud of you and how you have really turned out....You inspire both those who have gone ahead of u and those coming behind you..Thumbs up bro...I'm routing for you

Unknown said...

WORD!!! #foodforthought

Salma said...

Amamzing!!! God can lift you from nothing to SOMEBODY..........



Please visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/U-report-Nigeria/1429673597287501

Unknown said...

Wow! I wish him d very best thereof. Thumbs upn and more power to his elbows.

Unknown said...

Wow, I am happy for Bayo.

Unknown said...

Linda, I think you should use ur blog to discover real talents like this.. I mean u doing it personally. Not until someone sends u a writeup. Even if it's one person per month.. just to celebrate lives cos there r many aspiring people out there, struggling to make a name for themselves thru serious hardwork and they have absolutely nothing. I dunno if u guys understand me.

BONARIO NNAGS said...

His shots are legendary, he has packaged the image of President Buhari, and made him so endearing to Nigerians via his lenses.
I'm so happy for him.

~BONARIO~say so via NOKIA LUMIA

Unknown said...

That song "I believe I can fly" is more than a song to me. its a message and just like MO Abudu always say, 'IF YOU CAN THINK IT, YOU CAN HAVE IT'. I'm inspired and therefore I say to myself I'm unstoppable!!!

Rubylicious said...

This is inspiring.

mimi j said...

Very touching we all will get to the great height

Unknown said...

Waoo. This is the kind of story I like to hear. Congrats bro.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I am inspired. I am determined to do more.

ary said...

Another case of Mushin 2 glory!!! The slum has a way of breeding excellence.

taiwo said...

i am proud of the man my sister is about to get married to...congrats tope

Unknown said...

Plz what is passive lawyer?

Unknown said...

inspiring...

Unknown said...

Inspiring!!


OKORO UPGRADED**

Juleslouis said...

Wow! I guess i have no excuse now.

YUSUF BUHARI BABE said...

Really inspiring

ogeee said...

Wen u discover ur talent next s implementation then God must make a way for u,tnx linda for ur advice

Unknown said...

wow, touching story... d future is now

Unknown said...

wow very nice

Unknown said...

Love dis

Unknown said...

Na Godwin!

Damola Gbadegesin said...

Hummmm inspiring.

Unknown said...

God is wonderful

YUSUF BUHARI BABE said...

Ds guy must really b good fr Wilhelmina to praise him oo.

Unknown said...

Tnk God for him

Anonymous said...

Hope he is not related to dat Shege (bastard) Omojuwa? The twitter noise maker? Oby Ezekwesili's twitter son, both ugly inside n out... Dear Photographer, God bless ur hustle

Unknown said...

I am encouraged really. I am a regular but quite reader here, this story has just made my day. God bless u Linda.

TONIA GREEN said...

Wow! Good one bro. More strength to your elbow.
For promotion comes neither from the east nor from west but from God.

THE VOICE OF THE PROPHETESS

mfo said...

I don't think ok is what this write up deserves, when amidst my friends and they talk about the luckiest people in 2015 Bayo comes to my mind first, I have known Bayo for well over 7 years when he used to come to my high school (isl) to take pictures and he happened to be liked by mrs Amodu. Be that as it may I ran into Bayo sometime last year somewhere in surulere in April and I told him I did like him to cover my graduation and he said does more of still photography now, truth be told I wasn't happy because I knew the quality of pictures he had been producing right from time and I wanted him to take the pictures, his humility and personal relation is equally laudable. This is just the beginning by his grace. Wish you the very best.

Unknown said...

See you at the top broda. goodluck

Unknown said...

Esibe eyeye is ma man. Chukwudi is learned colleague n classmate. Happi 4 him. Hes goin places

Roman! said...

He is doing a great job I must commend him. His story shows there is greatness in everybody just that we have to look at how to bring it out for the world to see. Young minds are taking over Nigeria.
#GodblessNigeria

Unknown said...

Am so happy for him more grace. D write up is inspiring "your network determines your net worth".

phatgal said...

good to know tochukwu.

phatgal said...

good to know tochukwu.

yawanow said...

Happy for him.
inspiring i must say.

Unknown said...

Dis is wht I call frm grass to grace. God bless him abundantly, and I wish him well.

Unknown said...

Inspiring, wish him the best.



#TeamBlessed#

Kayode said...

This article was written by an Ibo person commending a young yoruba guy. Those who are advocating for Nigeria to split up will die! I'm yoruba married to a gracious and kind Ibo woman. My kids understand Igbo language more than yoruba, I was born in Umuahia. I sometimes wonder if these propagandists understand how much we have evolved as a people and a nation

bummyla said...

Dreams Do Come True! Believe In God And Also In Yourself!


Http://bummyla.com

Unknown said...

Ok mofo congrats

Unknown said...

Really good...way to go

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bayo, keep soaring high bro.

Unknown said...

So Inspiring.... God is Great

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to the writer who happened to be my classmate. It's interesting to see how people who were on the down low back in life are the ones we read positive stories about. Chukwudi n celestine queen, the model, were the last persons we thought back then in school will be making headlines. I'm elated. Thank God for raising them above there equals

Anonymous said...

Linda never writes anything tangible like this, i was starting to get impressed until i read the writer.

Unknown said...

Wat a touching story. is tru sha, some1 have to start from somewhere and put God first in watever he/she is doing with dat some1 will go places not to be tinking of Building Mansion in 1 day.

Unknown said...

i feel inspired. Our country will once more be a land of dreams

Kooffreh Essien said...

Really Inspiring Story!!

Unknown said...

Inspiring!! Good things can still come out of the ghetto. No excuse for gansterism, alcoholism, drugs,rape, cultism, loafing, casual sex, abortion etc. This a clear case of determination, resilience, doggedness, strong will & focus!!!!!!!

SexyBabe said...

Congratz Bayo. Sky is your starting point.

Unknown said...

Wow am so inspired. Dreams come true.

Akin' Odunsi @gr8akin said...

So very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Wow..Finally he made it.

GGS said...

Bayo success has so many friends. thanks for the fish we had together in Gwarinpa. I know you busy but you time to relax once a while. congratulations

Unknown said...

Wow,,,,,, dream come through

Anonymous said...

Nice write up. We get the message and I really did learn something but just a little correction...dont downplay the importance of capital. Even the camera that he's working with was bought with money. I am not saying waiting for millions, but you still need some money. So add a little money to incredible belief in God and your dream, and maybe some faith in yourself too.
stay blessed bro, my name is Michael

Unknown said...

Your rite stuch..inspiring not man turning to woman stories

Anonymous said...

Ok

Anonymous said...

Ok

Anonymous said...

You are so right! Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I'm inspired!

Unknown said...

Dream very big and with serious passion minus money. Once developed, people will come looking for you with money. Time na money a popular jingle says. A minute lost can never be gotten back , use your time wisely. All the same, God comes first. This story is touching and inspiring.

Unknown said...

Inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Amazing story. Well done, may our good Lord continue to bless and move him further up. Such an inspiring story.

OLUNREBI OLUSEYI said...

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIG WELDONE TO BAYO, FOR BEEN A LIVING PROOF OF THE YORUBA'S PROVERBIAL SAYING OF THE HORSE TAIL THAT DID ENJOY THE BEST OF LIFE THE HORSE COULD NOT. A SON OF A PHOTOGRAPHER, HE EXCEEDED HIS FATHER'S ASPIRATIONS IN ALL RAMIFICATION. AM ALSO PROUD TO SAY I WITNESSED HIS HUMBLE BEGINING AT 6, LAWANSON CRESCENT OFF KAYODE STREET ILUPEJU ONIPANU WHERE WE BOTH SPENT OUR FORMATIVE YEARS. WELDONE BAYO OMOBORIOWO AND NEVER LET THE SKY BE YOUR LIMIT.

Unknown said...

Young people,let's all learn from bayo's story...its not all about having the capital before you proceed..Let your dreams push you,Be prepared and the opportunity will come.

Unknown said...

Congrats Bayo...u'll go higher

Uncle Naira said...

Congratulations to Our Friend Bayo

Your network determines your net worth.

The friends around you have a lot to do with your tomorrow, more than you know.

Bayo's of this world are passing a compelling message to young people to leave every other thing that is distracting them and run with their dreams.

Lives and destinies are tied to that dream and that is the more reason you need to take that bold step and believe in your ability to do it.

Unknown said...

inspiring!

Gaff Multimedia said...

Inspiring

Anonymous said...

Indeed, believe in ur dreams! Very inspiring.

cacaomah said...

I was wondering and pondering that,what kind of favor is this? But,i jus had a clue of Bayo' secret from a closed course mate...Serving God Pays...Exodus 23:25-26, Matt6:33

Recent Posts