Stephanie Linus left me teary-eyed - Charly Boy writes | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 16 August 2015

Stephanie Linus left me teary-eyed - Charly Boy writes

Article written by Charly Boy. Read below...(meanwhile, I saw some part of Dry at the screening in Paris, and I, who is not a big fan of Nollywood movies, thought it was amazing. Go check it out)
"I was invited to a movie premiere a few days ago and reluctantly I went, not knowing what to really expect. I'm not really a fan of the Big Screen, because in the comfort of my room I can watch whatever till the normal happens -I fall asleep! The movie Dry is to go down in my books as the first Naija movie premiere I have ever attended. From the moment I was ushered into the cinema hall, my attention was captivated. The movie was about the challenges faced by child brides who are struggling with VVF (Vesico vaginal fistula).
The damage of the fistulous tract extending between the bladder and the vagina that allows the continuous involuntary discharge of urine by a female into the vaginal vault, caused by early child birth.
I enjoyed the movie production, the acts and their characters we simply of international standards. The movie was so emotionally laden that it left  me TEARY eyed. The whole cast were very good in their delivery of their roles and my sister Stephanie Okereke Linus was outstanding. 
Who would have thought she had it in her to whip up such emotions in my person. However, the movie left me with more questions than answers.
What can a full grown man see as a sexual attraction to a 12yr old girl young enough to be one’s granddaughter?
What joy do men drive from very violent sex? Why are some men worse than dogs? 
Why are some people still giving away their little girls to very old men who should be put to pasture for marriage? Questions and more questions!
Did I hear you say culture? 
Is it not about time we get rid of certain parts of our culture especially, those
that paint the women as subservient, house fixtures, things to be used for selfish pleasure while conveniently forgetting the fundamental rights of the female gender?
Is it not high time we look around and see that the world has since moved on from these barbaric acts?
All these silly old ignorant randy men should please allow children to enjoy their childhood rather than damaging them physically and emotionally. 
There is a lot the Federal Ministry of Health can do, oh! sorry we have no ministers, I forget we are on our own.
Well, for my sister Stephanie, kudos to a job well done. You have made us proud. I hear you loud and clear, just know that you have a believer in this message you are trying to pass across and remember, I am only a phone call away in joining you in this sensitization campaign. I pledge my support to help stamp out VVF especially in Naija.
Well done.

60 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok

Unknown said...

Ok

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Seeing the trailer, I knew the movie is going to be an intresting one, kudos SL the sky is ur limit.

Blog It With Olivia said...

Ok, heard




#ITwillONLYgetBETTER
#itMUSTendINpraise

Anonymous said...

Seen

Unknown said...

Yea very nice movie.... Will go a very long way. Linda onye nukwa "I'm not a fan of nollywood ochee noo Hollywood ka INA alike but okwa telemundo fan ka ibu.

IG@Peeink said...

Nice piece indeed!

Anonymous said...
















DO YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE NOW MAKE DAILY INCOME WITH THEIR PHONES.. WITH LITTLE WORK. NO MARKETING, NO REFERRALS, NO PRODUCT SELLING. CLICK HERE AND SEE .





@MEETD®EALEVANS™ said...


PARENTAL ADVISORY
***adult content***



How much did they pay him for the article?

Cynhams Cakes & Pastries, Abuja said...

God bless her hustle.



Please click on my name to order for your cakes.

Apple Berry said...

I can't wait to see this movie.
But I hv said this before, all these randy rapists and perverts who think they have every right to strip a young girl of her dignity at such a tender age should be castrated and jailed for a very long time. More awareness should be made on VVF. It's terrible what these girls go through

Unknown said...

Wow! For Chraly Boy to commend dis movie, definitely it mak a lot of sense. I wil get my copy when d movie is out in d market.

Nice write and wonderful write up frm Charly Boy. Surely he is good writer and I wish him all d best. Thumbs up and more power to his elbows. God bless him!

Apple Berry said...

I can't wait to see this movie.
But I hv said this before, all these randy rapists and perverts who think they have every right to strip a young girl of her dignity at such a tender age should be castrated and jailed for a very long time. More awareness should be made on VVF. It's terrible what these girls go through

Unknown said...

Wow! For Chraly Boy to commend dis movie, definitely it mak a lot of sense. I wil get my copy when d movie is out in d market.

Nice write and wonderful write up frm Charly Boy. Surely he is good writer and I wish him all d best. Thumbs up and more power to his elbows. God bless him!

ary said...

Well done indeed.

Unknown said...

I gas to go watch dis movie! I jus hope say no be hype.

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww so educating.....I love dat

KINGING said...

Well spoken from the area father himself! Old barbaric culture and religious beliefs the major cause of this insanity! When will the movie premiere in London?

Unknown said...

Charly Boy has spoken even though i know that the Icon must high on Coke as usual.
Respect Uncle.

uche said...

Truly emotional

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Awwwwww...

Unknown said...

Beautiful.
Really Nice.

Angie said...

Nice breakdown.. Obviously the title let it down.
Will like to keep an original copy at home, when possible.

Unknown said...

So emotional. Cnt wait too see d movie

uniquequeen said...

Wow! Charly boy is on point here. Responsibly dressed and all. Lols @we have no ministers

Juleslouis said...

Aww!

Unknown said...

Likewise. Not a fan of Nollywood movies cos of their not making sense storyline.....but I heard the movie is okay....still not goin' watch it but wish her all d best cos I love her person.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't look good pregnant...

Mzz_Mary said...

Aaaaaw

Jasmine Joseph said...

Congrats to her, am glad d movie turned out right

Unknown said...

Awwwwhhh am deeply touch,nice write up, great storyline.

TAMARA SPLASH said...

Safe delivery my girlie

KING Nwa AMAKA said...

I will try dis one. Not a fan either.

Didi Stories said...

On my to-see-list
Visit my blog for your captivating short stories @ www.itsdidisblog.blogspot.com or click on my name to see link

Unknown said...

Hahahahhahahaaa...we indeed have no ministers aside the ministers in d lord..

Anonymous said...

Someone could not even adjust his suit collar. O ga o

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, all dis praise. I hope it is worth it. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, all dis praise. I hope it is worth it. Linda take note!

yabsy said...

I watched the film last night with my hubby at the Ikeja cinema and we both cried. It was quite an emotional movie and I replayed the captivating scenes in my head up toll I slept off. The film has woken up a consciousness in me that as an educated woman, I need to do more for the endangered woman.
I sent a tweet last night to Steph . When we got to the cinema, the queue to watch Mission Impossible was endless and only a few of us bought tickets to watch DRY. A guy even passed a comment that the film title says it all.

I never regretted watching the film because the message it portrayed cannot be acquired anywhere. U have to be a viewer of the movie to understand it all.
U can tell the film was all hard work and it should be nominated for an Oscar.

Well done to Stephanie and her team. This is a clarion call to all women out there. We need to do more as ladies and mothers. We need to protect all the little kids out there. Thank God for the Child Rights Act which has been passed.

This also gives me hope for this great country of ours.

Anonymous said...

Hohohoho! Telemundo tinz. Haha willy onu gia

Unknown said...

Just watched d movie,it's sooo inspiring. Words can't explain how I felt. I was suprised Stephanie pulled this. D movie standard is international , d best ever and a must watch.

Anonymous said...

Must you open mouth on every blog??

Anonymous said...

Gas as in fart?

I B M bolubantin said...

Wow...Stephanie must have really done a great job..

Unknown said...

Olodo

knowurway.com said...

U re right.

Unknown said...

Nice one Charly,I always love his write ups,always on point.Love the part he said we have no Ministers,lol.
Linda Look alike

Unknown said...

Lovely write-up

Anonymous said...

You always say rubbish as if u dnt av brain at all..juliet or whatever ur name is..think bl4 u talk

Mihearty said...

Charly boy looks good. Nice writeup too. Will try and watch the movie

Anonymous said...

Oga Charlie when did u start doing aproko job...all in the name of promoting a movie...no worry next two weeks a\ALABA boyz go re-manufacture am!!.....lol

Unknown said...

Nice one Area Father, and welldone Stephanie. I will surely check the movie out.











#TeamBlessed#

Unknown said...

Nice one Area Father, and welldone Stephanie. I will surely check the movie out.











#TeamBlessed#

Anonymous said...

vool

Unknown said...

Story...! #yawn#

Unknown said...

Wow! For Chraly Boy to commend dis movie, definitely it mak a lot of sense. I wil get my copy when d movie is out in d market.

Nice and wonderful write up frm Charly Boy. Surely he is good writer and I wish him all d best. Thumbs up and more power to his elbows. God bless him!

Anonymous said...

Are you a human being is this the right response Juliet ? All this praise ? Oponu

Unknown said...

Kudos to SL for work well done. I admire your conduct alot. Dry shall make the desired impact in the lives of Nigerian men, parents and young girls. I haven't seen the movie but I know it will be impact full.

Anonymous said...

That happens mostly in Islamic culture. If only certain archaic and unreformed understanding of marriage and women in this culture could change.

Unknown said...

heard

Recent Posts