Population Council holds dialogue on HIV/AIDS and young people tomorrow | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Population Council holds dialogue on HIV/AIDS and young people tomorrow

In a bid to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS among young people and to ensure their participation in combating the scourge, the Population Council Nigeria is organizing a day National Multi-stakeholder Dialogue in Abuja on April 2, 2014. Continue...



The dialogue, which will bring together representatives of young people between age 15 and 25 and policy makers in the health sector, will also be held online simultaneously. Online participants can participate by tweeting their questions or comment using the hash-tag #walkthetalk14 and @Pop_CouncilNG.

According to Raphael Nnakwe, the Youth Programme Assistant of the Council, panellists andparticipants will interact as questions and concerns will be adequately addressed during the programme. Questions from online participants will also be put to the panellists and their answers will equally be made available online to ensure everyparticipantis carried along. The panel includes…..

‘This programme is organized to give opportunity to young people to ask necessary questions and hold policy makers accountable for their policies on HIV/AIDS. There is a need to also increase awareness and ensure the continuous education of young people on the disease.’ Nnakwe said.

This programme holds between 9am and 1pm on April 2, 2014 and online participants can participate as follows:
Facebook: #walkthetalk14, Population Council Nigeria
Twitter: @Pop_CouncilNG, #walkthetalk14

19 comments:

His eminence said...

Nice one we the youth must have it of hands that aids is real,avoidance or protective measures is d best.

slim p said...

so dem still dey create public awareness for HIV....gud sha

Anonymous said...

Linda pls send me ur email so that I can send u a storry. My email is tobbytobbyi@yahoo.com

Alloy Chikezie said...

I pray and hope there effort makes an impact


Your comment will be visible after approval

AnnMarie said...

Oh boy. HIV is real but with the up rise of baby mamas one can't help but wonder if people use condoms anymore. Some boys be forming players and collecting the virus from one girl and deposit in another. some girls be forming runs girls and collecting the virus from sugar daddies to deposit in their boyfriends. We all have to be careful, HIV is real. spread the news not the virus

Anonymous said...

I thought you useless fools where shouting we don't need aid from USA, america pls stop helping this murders called nigerians,they kill gay people

julz said...

Nice...I'd luv 2participate as it'd be educative.

Amarachukwu. said...

Noted.

Unknown said...

Great step to a more enlightened future.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus. FInally, someone is thinking about this HIV thingy

Anonymous said...

HIV is predicated upon mans neglect of divine, timeless and immutable imperatives.

Anonymous said...

Nice @pop council Nigeria....

Anonymous said...

Na igbo boys dey bring aids come naija from sa

Adelaide said...

Perfect, this is just what I need. writing my final project on HIV/AIDS

Anonymous said...

But this is funny oh Linda, ur blog readers comment on everything they see interesting but when it comes to hiv I see only 11 comments. Pple need to take this serious, I work for an hiv charity and the amount of nigerians infected is alarming. I once read a few years ago that we are the 4th worst affected number wise.
I suggest u encourage more of ur blog readers to at least yake an hiv test and know their status.

Unknown said...

Yes not seen something like this in your blog before, a step in the right direction, linda, I applaud you for this for once, not only posting news about only homosexuals, kim kardashan nd some annoying news that won't contribute to the society, I'm glad that this topic is openly disscussed, pls everyone needs this I mean everyone especially the men theY don't see d need to protect thermselves during sexual intercourse, can u imagine?I'v interviewd quite a no of guyz and what they say is "I'll use it on the lady on the ist day but when I consistently hit it,n I'd do away with the conDoms, its sweeter that way" look at the height of ignorance!, what most nigerians think about is how to chase money up and down,they don't think about protectng their llives which is the basic thing, health is wealth, pls let's stop our lacadaisical attitude 2wards protection while having sex, ladies its not written on the face! Let ur man always use condoms, even if u trust him to deaths, always go for medical checkup often, if u prefer it w/out condoms, rmbr one mistake can change ur whole life!, as for guyz that prefer hitting it w/out condoms, its d stupid babes I blame that allow u 2 hit it w/out condoms, pls be wise! Life has no duplicate!

Anonymous said...

I thank GOD for my life.6 months ago I went to PH city to see a guy(runs things) nd behold he forcefully had unprotected sex with me since then I drew d line from runs nd got into a very serious relationship.After living in fear for over 6months I nd my boyfriend decided to go for d test nd everything came out NEGATIVE (including Hepatitis).My boyfriend was wondering y I was so excited that we were negative but of course he couldn't understand...so now he has proposed to me nd life has never gotten sweeter than this before nd d chapter of RUNS closed forever....

Apple said...

Ok

Anonymous said...

Protection isn't 100% abstenance is the way to go buh God help us.

Recent Posts