Mum of 4 left horrified after logging onto Facebook and finding pics of herself splashed across the news feed claiming she was dead | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 7 October 2016

Mum of 4 left horrified after logging onto Facebook and finding pics of herself splashed across the news feed claiming she was dead

32 year old mother of four Candice Haines who suffers from Crohin disease, has revealed her horror at receiving calls from loved ones saying she was dead and logging on to social networking site, Facebook only to find her news feed littered with 'Rest in peace' and obituary messages of herself.


Candice's  photo was used on a health website, Daily Records, showing another woman and fellow Crohns’ sufferer who had died from the disease, immediately she was flooded with calls from concerned family and friends including her own father – after the story of her 'death' was shared across social media.

Candice speaking to the Sun UK on Thursday said:
“When I woke up last Tuesday to my dad calling me and lots of missed calls, I knew something wasn’t right. He was in a right panic as he’d seen the post on Facebook and presumed something had happened in the night. I was in complete shock, my first thought was, ‘why would someone write a story about me being dead?' 
 “Obviously it was a complete misunderstanding but it took hours to reply to all the messages online and let my closest friends and family know I was in fact alive. Thankfully I’m alive and I could shock those who thought I was dead with the best possible response, ‘I’m alive and well’.”

According to Candice, she first shared her story of her Crohn disease condition  in September last year to raise awareness for the effects the bowel condition has had on her life.
 “I wanted to raise awareness and I suppose that even a story like this does that as it’s making people talk and understand the seriousness of the disease. I really have no idea how it happened, someone posted it in a Crohn’s group called IBD Superheroes and before I knew it I had so many inbox messages that I couldn’t even read them all and reply quick enough. Because I’m really active in the online Crohn’s community it was shared so many times and read by thousands across the country.” 
“When I took the youngest ones to school last week all the mum’s at the school gates were shocked to see I was actually alive. Even my local chemist who I have been going to for years for my medication thought I had died.”

Source: Sun UK

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad...dats social media for u

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Na wa o,so many jobless/unstable people on social media ,na wa!



~glo rule your world~ cos I do•

Unknown said...

See gobe o! Linda take note!

Chizzy Liz said...

*******************************dax a sign ur ancestors want u home already !!!!!! Jux start packing up !!!!!!!

Chizzy Liz said...

*******************************dax a sign ur ancestors want u home already !!!!!! Jux start packing up !!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hhmmm
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

OSINANL said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Unknown said...

Whaooooo!! Na wa oooo




Post my comment

Unknown said...

FUCKIN HACKERS







AUNTY LINDA 👩

Unknown said...

Na waoh... #CantShout

Unknown said...

Nawa ooo dat's unfair ooo

Unknown said...

You wee not die before your time in Jesus name Amen

Eddy Ogbunambala said...

Na waoo longevity is your portion dear

hannie said...

U b fool ooo

Unknown said...

Back to sender

Unknown said...

NNE death is far from you.

Anonymous said...

Fool! What re u still waiting for? Won't you join your own ancestors already?

Recent Posts