Zayn Malik quits boyband One Direction after five years | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Zayn Malik quits boyband One Direction after five years

Zayn Malik (second from left) has quit One Direction after five years with the chart-topping boyband that was formed on X-Factor in 2010. The 22-year-old singer has made the decision to bow out of the group leaving Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Liam Payne & Louis Tomlinson to continue as a four-piece. 

In a statement released to Daily Mail this afternoon Wednesday March 25th, Zayn said;
'My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let you down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart.'
'I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22 year old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the world.'
The Best Song Ever hitmakers will record their fifth album in Zayn's absence and will continue with the remaining dates on the band's forthcoming world tour.

One Direction said in a second statement released to MailOnline: 'We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future. 
'The past five years have been beyond amazing, we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. 
'The four of us will now continue. We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour.' 

Meanwhile, Simon Cowell - who masterminded One Direction from five solo artists who auditioned for The X Factor back in 2010 - thanked Zayn for his commitment to the band.

He added: 'I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction.
'Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond - and immensely proud - of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave. 

As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that ‎Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band.'
Within minutes of the news being announced, the star's name was trending on Twitter as the heartthrob's fans mourned their pop idol's departure.
Reactions ranged from heartbroken, to compassionate to angry, but the overriding emotion was devastation.

 Harry Styles cries on stage in Jakarta for his friend - hours after learning he'd quit.

Source: UK Daily Mail

59 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing stays forever, his fans should take heart. Linda take note!

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Ur decision, ur wahala, goodluck to another direction.

Unknown said...

Nothing stays forever, his fans should take heart. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Don't know them ...

Anonymous said...

wendy williams show predicted this. she had a segment where he quit some parts of their most recent tour. he was also caught cheating on his fiance....AGAIN!! and she also spoke about Zayn saying he has never liked being famous.

me thinks this guy is just doing this so he can go back to CHEATING ON HIS WOMAN IN PEACE

Anonymous said...

Eya!!...he wz d cutest nd had such great voice...he will be missed...

Unknown said...

I liked hm d most..mayb cos he ws d cutest 1

MADE IN NIGERIA said...

Kai!! I will personally miss him ooo, its indeed sad he is leaving but then again, his decision must be respected.

Davido's driver said...

Not a fan of the band. Lindaobserve

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
.
My best band.....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

We get to a stage in our various lives where we make some decisions that are best for us even tho people think otherwise. I respect his decisions, and wish him the post in his newly chosen path.

Unknown said...

K gudluck bye!

Unknown said...

Good for him.
He knows best.

CELEB said...

Awww, my sexy secretary! Well i guess tge rest will probably disband next year leaving harry to become the next J.T afterall. Will miss you zain. I knew it would happen , zayn has a mind of his own but he should have exercised patience, their contract ends this year after the fifth album. Well wish him luck.

Anonymous said...

I hope he has plans in place not to become a coffee server in future. That's all. I wish him the best.

Unknown said...

Why is harry styles crying sef?
Is zayn malik dead?
He is trying look for attention,
That's why he dated taylor swift.
Yeye boy

Cocomma said...

He looks real sad

Anonymous said...

Fuck u zayn malik...u jst broke a million fans hearts including mine. You had an amazing voice and I would miss ur amazing voice .miss u dickhead

Anonymous said...

So far make he nor hungry. Because if guyman hungry later, e fit leave the world a note to read. Forbid!

That Function Gurl said...

Awwwh! Well, this a good way to do it! He is @ peace with himself, that's all that matters! We'll miss him sha.....

Kukere said...

foolish boy! he did that cos of a woman! FOOL!! quit hin career for love.. mugu oshi

Anonymous said...

Mumu boy when he is broke na that time his head would come back to his senses, he should have just waited till we got tired of them, the likes of backstreet boys, westlife and nsync once sizzled and now they've all fizzled; each member can have their "normal and private time" because no one would give a shit about them later on, zayn should have just waited though. I commend him anyway because in this fame obsessed world we live in, for a young boy to give that up says a lot about his personality, anyway I'm sure that his blondie would break off their engagement Tehehehee..... sighhhh *1D they would always be my little babies*

#aHausaChickInToronto

Unknown said...

my most handsome among the boys.
Will miss his face and cute smiles.
The fans will have to respect his decision
To be a normal guy.
Still love the remaining 4 and wish
Him all the best.

Unknown said...

Omg! Very sad news for the group. This is d beginning and d end of the group. After westlife, I cease been a fan of any musical group or band cos when they split, there world comes crashing..

Sylvonce said...

Awwww.

Unknown said...

Awww. Hope it doesn't turn out west life 2!
I wish them all the best.



OKORO UPGRADED**

Anonymous said...

I love u zayn malik

Unknown said...

Wow. Love their music. Hope it won't affect them.

Anonymous said...

I am soo heartbroken, I don't even know what to say

Anonymous said...

I actually want to cry. Zain was my favourite and I remember how shy he was at the start before Simon Cowell fetched him from back stage to come and dance. Simon can smell talent from afar.

Anonymous said...

This must be a sick joke, my one and only zayn malik. No more listening to one direction songs.#brokenhearted

SWILL MARTIN said...

Eeeeeeeya naim I like pass sef

Anonymous said...

I love u stil zayn.. m still a directioner.. :'(

Unknown said...

Aww he's he ever gonna sing again?

Unknown said...

Am so hurt, I liked him a lot in dat band. Its so sad, he will be missed. *wispers* n he is handsome.

Unknown said...

Am so hurt, I liked him a lot in dat band. Its so sad, he will be missed. *wispers* n he is handsome.

Unknown said...

Omg! This is so sad.... now the papz and media will let him be.... really sad!! I'm a huge 1d fan and this is very heartbreaking..... I wish Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall the best.

Anonymous said...

Aww.feel sad for them.but I guess he wants to be normal and considering he is getting married soon.he has always been quiet unlike the rest of them.good luck wit u.

ITz D KELV said...

He has gone SOLO..... Watch and see

Juleslouis said...

Awww. They always end up disbanding.

Unknown said...

We surely miss u zayn

Anonymous said...

Hope he's not going to join ISIS or BOKOHARAM. E nor dey hard them.

Anu said...

I saw it coming. Love the band and hope they move on

Unknown said...

Ma crush, we'll miss you cute Zayn *Crying*

Anonymous said...

Zayn just broke directioners hearts. What a sad move.😢

Anonymous said...

Hmnnnn, all. This xfactor boy
band ! I waste my time and money voting for you guys and then ......... 1st it was JLS and now one direction!

Unknown said...

Good for him, and I wish him all d very best. Thumbs up to him for dis courage.

Flora said...

And d cutest amongst d 5 is gone... Just sha hope its nt d beginning of d end of d band... #nothinglasts4eva

Lady P said...

I hope he won't live d rest of his life regretting this decision.anyway more money to share for d remaining dudes

Anonymous said...

In a few years, he'll reveal he was fired. He's been effin up for a while.

ary said...

And so begins the exodus. Bands rarely last a decade.

ary said...

And so begins the exodus. Bands rarely last a decade.

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous commenter @March 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM, expressed my fears. Because the current madness in the world today and that this guy had once caused controversies by his comments on social media. I think he should be watched closely. I hope I am wrong!

Unknown said...

All the best in your future endeavours o

Unknown said...

cute smh

Subomi said...

he still wont have a normal life

Anonymous said...

so because u are not a fan she shud not post ba... u hv

Anonymous said...

This boy is a Muslim is on his way to Syria to join isis.

Malu Keizer-Swartjes said...

I hope this decision made him happy. that's what's most important, even though as a fan I feel sad and the band will never be the same again.. But good for him!

The Stylish Confessions | Fashion & Beauty blog
ZAYN MALIK Tribute Video


Recent Posts