Now Ikedi Ohakim is looking at becoming Minister. Writes president Jonathan | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Now Ikedi Ohakim is looking at becoming Minister. Writes president Jonathan

Power is so intoxicating...so hard to let go. The letter after the cut...



MEMO TO MR PRESIDENT


REPOSITIONING THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) IN IMO STATE
 
PREAMBLE
I think I need not bore Your Excellency with details of the conduct and outcome of the just concluded governorship election in Imo state, since that is already well known to the President.

What I think I ought to restate is my commitment to ensuring a lasting legacy of peace and true democracy in Imo. I have already demonstrated this by quickly moving in to douse the political temperature in the state by accepting the result of the election as it is and announcing that I will not go to court.

The decision not to challenge the election in court is simply predicated on my avowal that the good people of Imo state should be saved the trauma of passing through another spate of court litigation that characterized my tenure. Differently put, I believe that I would, by this decision, save my successor the problem of facing the type of detractions I faced during my tenure.

As I prepare to leave office, I do so completely satisfied that I was, in spite of promptings from sundry quarters to do otherwise, able to allow a level play ground throughout the period of the electioneering campaign and the election proper. Apart from that this was in keeping with Mr President’s personal commitment to the growth of true democratic culture, I am certain that I have laid a good foundation for the growth of orderly democratic practice in Imo state. For example, my people in Imo state now know that it is possible to conduct party primaries that are devoid of intervention by the sitting governor.

THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) IN IMO STATE
In the time being, however, what I consider my immediate preoccupation is to take immediate steps to galvanize and reposition our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party, in Imo state.

With the outcome of the election, there are palpable fears that the PDP in Imo state would be like sheep without shepherd. Against the backdrop of certain external forces that are bent on controlling the political fortunes of the state, I hate to contemplate the prospects of our great party becoming an underdog in Imo state, the very heart of Igboland.

Consequently, there is need to evolve a deliberate strategy for galvanizing and sustaining the image of the party in the state and give our party faithful a sense of belonging. One sure way of doing this would be to empower the leadership of the party politically at the federal level. This may mean setting aside an important federal political position for me or any other party chieftain in the state as the President may deem fit as well as considering more Imo PDP members for appointment into Federal Commissions, agencies and parastatals.

If the President deems it fit, I would, with all sincerity and the deepest sense of responsibility, suggest that I be consulted while such appointment are being made; the reason being simply that having presided over the state in the last four years, I am in the best stead to evaluate the potency of federal appointments coming to the state under the new dispensation; in terms of which area gets what among the three zones of Orlu, Okigwe and Owerri. This is especially so because there is need to avoid the same scenario wherein some areas would go into opposition simply because they felt that federal appointments did not favour them.

I OFFER TO SERVE
One thing Your Excellency may wish to bear in mind is that with the Governor and Deputy Governor going respectively to Orlu and Owerri zones, a Ministerial appointment coming to Imo should go to Okigwe zone, my home zone. In this regard, I offer myself for further service at that level if given the opportunity. Without any prejudice, I wish to remind Your Excellency that three areas I have demonstrated flair in the National Economic Council are:
(1)        Oil & Gas
(2)        Police Reforms
(3)        Urban Development and Renewal.

For example, with the benefits of my experience in recovering Owerri to make it the cleanest city in Nigeria, I could articulate an Urban Renewal Initiative to be known as The FCT Environserve Initiative to make Abuja the most organized and cleanest city in Africa.

CONCLUSSION
I shall remain ever appreciative of the support and personal love the President showed on me during my tenure. In all my tribulations, especially in the hands of hawks who never wanted to give me any chance, the President stood by me.

As Your Excellency continues on the mantle of leadership of our great country, I pledged my unalloyed royalty to him and his administration. I will continue to see myself both as a personal friend to Mr President and a patriotic citizen of Nigerian. Even as I step aside momentarily, I consider myself extremely lucky to be among the few in our generation who helped midwife the emergence of a fellow in the mould of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to stir the ship of the Nigerian state in the 21st Century. I wish you well, Sir. My family and I will continue to remember you in our prayers for the good Lord to continue to bless, guard and protect you.

Ikedi Ohakim                

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

ole,barawo,onyi ohi,thief,lier,criminal,lugner,voleur,ladro,ladron,all na ur title,mr president look well well

Unknown said...

Criminal, Olee, Onyeoshi, 419er, you shld hv been in EFCC Net by now. You hole generation will suffer.

omo jeje said...

Wow! Such groveling is laughable, even pitiable.

Go and find a your sense of shame Mr Ohakim, retire in peace and reminesce on what you should have done for the people of your state when you had the chance.

Chilee Agunanna said...

Pls are u sure he wrote that? Cos if he did, it's not supposed to be made public, I think.
But anyway, we have already shown him the door in Imo State. Let him go wherever he wants. The EFCC should just be on standby 4 him cos he mustn't go scotfree.

Anonymous said...

Mr. President if you TRY IT.........

Anonymous said...

i don die! Ol'boy dis na d political version of a scam letter....chei! GEJ na u now be d maga, we go dey wait to know whether you go pay!

Anonymous said...

ohakim onye iberibe

Anonymous said...

ohakim onye 419.

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!Sucks 1&2

Anonymous said...

These people will continue to baffle me; aawon people yi oloju ti sa. We have a saying in Yoruba land that 'ti a ba wowo lo taba pade iyi lona, oye ka pada sile' but I think this guy thinks differently...ha ha, oga o. But I definately don't want to belief he wrote that...

For the benefits of those that don't understand yoruba language. the statement in quote literally means that if you are out searching for money and you incidentally meet prestidge on the way, then it's better one goes back home because when you have prestidge... I hope I'm right

Anonymous said...

https://bit.ly/dEtj7b

Anonymous said...

Na wa oh! Wonders shall never sieze! God will continue to xpose these people n they will never go unpurnished.

Jaffey said...

Ikedi, We received your letter, content well noted. We will offer you any of those positions after your days in Kirikiri Maximum Prison

Anonymous said...

Criminals!

Anonymous said...

Gabriel Suswam of benue hope ur listening? You are next!Ha,ha,ha. We cant wait not even ur rigging will save u.You are more hated than ohakim by ur own people. Mtchewww

Chilling said...

I've been told this letter is fake!!!!!

Anonymous said...

doubt ohakim is that stupid.
i think the letter is fake.

Anonymous said...

BARAWO, OLE,

Ayodeji said...

Ole. He should come and carry.

Chidi said...

Good write up by former sec of 419er in Imo state b4 becoming governor. Mr. President Sir, please beware of likes of 419er like Ikedi Ohakim if you want to succeed in ur gov.

Anonymous said...

o ikedi na here u dey make u try shown 4 owerri make youth trown u pure water mugu u don carry ur sense make sorry u hear mr president no listin to the mugu.poor ikedi wel i got a job 4 u washing of plate ,dog ohakim

Recent Posts