What they didn't write about Fayose once being a Danfo driver | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 31 July 2015

What they didn't write about Fayose once being a Danfo driver

Read the press statement below...
Thursday, 30th day of July was significant in the lives of members of The Road Transport Employers' Association of Nigeria. It was a day set aside for the inauguration of the association's inauguration of its new executives, members from across Nigeria, including the National Chairman and other Exco members from Abuja converged on Adetiloye hall of the trade fair complex, Ado Ekiti. Members were all in a beautifully designed customized Ankara.

I wasn't at the venue long before the arrival of the Executive Governor of Ekiti, Mr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, I arrived only few seconds before he did, but what I saw on his arrival was electrifying, that the governor was given a rousing welcome is an understatement. Ordinarily, I see no reason to write about the accolades showered on the governor on this occasion, it's a scene I witness on daily basis, it's a thing I hear everyday.

Fayose as far as am concerned is undoubtedly the most popular man in Ekiti today. I will also not blame our drivers for welcoming him in that manner, this must be the first time a sitting governor is attending such event. The governor spoke with them in his address, of course Fayose doesn't read prepared speeches, that's rare of him, he spoke with them offhand, he addressed them like a father would address his son! I have no problem with the body of Punch's reportage of the event, just that the headline was misleading, very misleading.

Those who already had a biased mind towards the governor jumped for joy when they read the governor say he was once a Danfo driver, they were like "Yes, we said so!" It is for this reason I will be dishing out word for word what the governor said at the event, his motive was to charge and inspire all youths, not just the drivers who happen to be his immediate audience at thie event.

They were indeed inspired, it is a story that will inspire anyone with an open mind. Am not coming out this morning with all he said at the event, let's just have that side that has to do with him being a one time Danfo driver. Let's Go! Oshoko Uncut ...Lakotan, mo fe ki opolopo o taraa mi keko(In all, I want a lot of people to learn from me), I want a lot of people to learn from my experience, particularly those people ti won ti roraa won pin ni Oo(those who has lost hope) ti o de ripe toripe o je driver Oo le make e mo(and you think you can make it no more because you are a driver) , you are claiming that you are a driver, driver's work is driver's work.

I was once a driver like you(Claps) and I want you to learn this lesson from me. Please, I want young people to learn this lesson from me. I want young people to learn from this : Many young people today, they don't want to go through the ladder to become human beings at all... they are in a hurry, they want to either do drug business or join bad gangs...because you are a driver.

I was a Danfo driver in Ibadan for almost 3 years (Claps and Hails). Listen... Ejoor. Baba mi, awaa 27 lo bi(my dad had 27 children) , iyawo mefa lo de fe(he married 6 wives). Ko si bi Olowo ba ti lowo to, to ba ti fe iyawo pupo, to ba ti feyawo pupo(No matter how rich a man is, one he has many wives), to ba tii ngberu yen lo oke, Aa maa fiwo, Aa maa fiwo(as he tries to live up to his responsibilities, things will be shaky), Eru a di Eru awon Obirin(and the responsibilities falls on the women).

Opolopo Obirin lowa nibiyi to jepe awon lo nto omo bayi(we have a lot of women in this gathering who are now the one taking responsibility for the family's upkeep), omo ti Obirin ba de to, to lo ya garawa, o fi Iya eemeji je Iya e(it will amount to double jeopardy if you were raised by a woman and you become a nobody in life). Ti Baba e a gba loju pe(your father slapped her), to gba ori e pe(hit her on the head), ta a gbe Obirin min wale pe(the father comes home with another woman), to o ba sope(if you say) after your mother had laboured for you, you want to be a vagabond then that is so sad! My father had 6 wives, my mother is in the 3rd position.

When I finished my OND, life was no longer the same. I saw an advert in Nigeria Tribune, they want to sell some of their used vehicles, so I went to my mother, she sold her DATSUN 120Y, won npe ni Shalaake(the car is called Shalaake), awon Agbalagba lo le mo motor ti won npe ni Shalaake(the young ones might not know the car called Shalaake). My mother sold that vehicle, gave me half of the money. We went to buy Danfo from Tribune Newspaper and I had to go for HND, my brother was in the polytechnic, others have to go to school, I happen to be the first son.

So I repaired this Danfo, we live at Orita Challenge and I go to school in Poly, Ibadan Poly. So I have to enter Danfo, carry my Danfo at 5:30(am), I will call Ring Road/Dugbe, Ring Road/Dugbe, Ring Road/Dugbe, Ring Road/Dugbe (Claps and Hails). When I get to Dugbe (in Ibadan), I will call Mokola/Sango/UI/Ojoo..., Mokola/Sango/UI/Ojoo... When I get to Ojoo, I have to go back to Poly via Apete, I will call Sango/UI, Sango/UI nikan ni Oo because am no longer going to Dugbe, I have to from Sango go to Poly. So when I get to Sango I will call Poly/Waec/Apete, Poly /Waec/Apete... I will go to take my lectures in the morning. I used that money to train myself and train my siblings and apart from that, I travelled abroad after my HND at service year, it was from that small money that I was able to buy my ticket, I got to London before I called my Dad. All am just trying to let you know is that being a driver, you can make it in life! (Claps). You can make it in life! There is dignity in Labour, awon to nfoju Egan womi lana, won ndobale niwaju mi leni(those who looked at me with reproach yesterday are now prostrating before me today), Iya mi Ojosi yen naa, inu e amaa dun pe Iyaa governor lounaa bayi Oo(my mum sure will be happy that she's today a governor's mum). Am just appealing to all young men who are drivers today... You can be all you want to be!... You can be what you want to be if you are conscious of tomorrow. Olorun a ran yin lowo Oo, I love you very Dearly, I congratulate you all, I congratulate myself, I congratulate His Excellency (Rev. Barr. Agbede), The Road Transport Chairman in Ekiti State, long long long may you reign peacefully, Congratulations... Ese Oo(Thanks so much), Oluwa a pelu yin Oo(may God be with)

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

>> GET FREE CARS HERE <<

7F098C19 said...

Life. nothing is pemirnent not even buharis sit. Engr Emy

Unknown said...

Seen o

Unknown said...

Seen o

7F098C19 said...

Thats the man after his peoples heart. Life. nothing is pemirnent not even buharis sit. Engr Emy

Unknown said...

e don show for im body tey tey.
The fuck is still so unpolished even as an Executive Gov.

Unknown said...

Okay

Unknown said...

nice one

Tochi Paul said...

Everyone has a story to tell of his or her past. The children of the governor will not experience this because things have been kept in place for them.
This is slightly Chimamanda Adichie's danger of single story.
May history have much to teach us.
#Dankwata

Unknown said...

Whatever biko. I'm not a fan of his. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Whatever biko. I'm not a fan of his. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Whatever biko. I'm not a fan of his. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

know wonder he always behave like danfo driver
thank God for him shaa

Unknown said...

Wow...so inspiring!

MODUPE said...

I love this man!!!! Ok bye

Anonymous said...

For the fact that you were invited and you were there and you took your time to put up Fayose's speech word for word (with translation), one of two things must have happened.

1. You are trying to ensure the man is not misunderstood or
2. The man don press something for your hand...

Unknown said...

I love this man

Unknown said...

Nigeria best bold Governo of the year Ayo Fayose.
Its well with you keep on telling them the truth only if the daft we hear.if we have 5 of this man as Governo nigeria we be pure as heaven.












Governo Governo you are still a driver only that the first one is danfo now the second car now is ekiti state am seeing the right way you're driven them to ride on.











#sad indeed

Unknown said...

Nigeria best bold Governo of the year Ayo Fayose.
Its well with you keep on telling them the truth only if the daft we hear.if we have 5 of this man as Governo nigeria we be pure as heaven.












Governo Governo you are still a driver only that the first one is danfo now the second car now is ekiti state am seeing the right way you're driven them to ride on.











#sad indeed

BLUNT said...

I will never use foul words on you Fayose, for one reason- you're a REAL man irrespective of your idiosyncrasies. A real man keeps to his word. He's very loyal. Unlike your brethren who speak from both sides of the mouth, you kept your word. You stood by your party. It's on record that it was only Fayose that delivered his state 100% to the PDP! From Senate election to House of Assembly election. Forget this guy's erratic displays, he's a man you can count on- something very rare with his people. Infact, something very rare with the human race.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

God has lifted him na

I B M bolubantin said...

I just keep loving this guy more and more...he's sure a people's person

Jaybabs said...

That's an inspiring story but I guess some fools will see it the other way round...Fayose is a grassroot politicians that understands his peolpe..I'm proud I'm from that state

Unknown said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

God bless this man for this speech.
This is a good step.
Atleast they can look at him and have hope. He is a grassroot politician.
I'm igbo. My dad once worked in Ekiti. He told me that Fayose is so nice, down to earth and loved. He'd sit in the canteen with them and talk to everyone like a friend and that this was his sincere nature not pretence. He is the governor I have seen in Nigeria actually beloved by the people.always encouraging the youth and has regards for poor people.

Unknown said...

Motivating, great one sir much love

Unknown said...

It's indeed inspirational. Thumbs up Mr Governor....#letlovelead

Anonymous said...

The difference was he went to school. Listen to me, if you do not have an education, you will most likely remain a driver till you retire. That's the part Fayose didn't mention.

Unknown said...

Wow! Dis is d story of grass to grace. Nno wonder he is a "No give up governor". Indeed u can reach where ever u want in life only if u work towards it Thumbs up and more power to his elbows.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring. Every youth in the world (not just in Nigeria) needs to hear this speech. Hard-work pays off when you have foresight. Today everyone wants instant gratification. They sell their sole or just make wrong choices and expect to live happy. You can have it all with hard-work it will just take a little longer but it will last forever.

God give us wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring. Every youth in the world (not just in Nigeria) needs to hear this speech. Hard-work pays off when you have foresight. Today everyone wants instant gratification. They sell their sole or just make wrong choices and expect to live happy. You can have it all with hard-work it will just take a little longer but it will last forever.

God give us wisdom.

Anonymous said...

No wonder! Always behaving like a danfo conductor

aproko manager said...

Make sense just dt many danfo drivers nor go fit read dis one nd few go dey listen to the speech cos dem dey d street

knowurway.com said...

Hmmm that is why he always behave that way. Well thank God for his life.

Anonymous said...

This is waoh! Fantastic.

Unknown said...

Awww so touching good one from my able governor

purple said...

I never really liked this man. But I am moved to tears. There is dignity in labour! Hard work pays. No need to cut corners to make it in life

Anonymous said...

my uncle was actually his conductor, sigh... it is true!

KING Nwa AMAKA said...

You envy buhari so much. Your 3rd generation can never get close to state house of Rep.

Anonymous said...

NO WONDER HE BEHAVES LIKE A TOUT. I CAN NOW SEE WHERE THE TOUT BEHAVIOUR CAME FROM

Tefe said...

and you that comes here to beg for Linda's give away is better than fayose shebi.

Anonymous said...

The nurtw made aso ebi for Fayose , who happens to be one of their own. No wonder he was once a Danfo drivery. ....E no commot from I'm body. #whatmannerofgovisthis

Anonymous said...

The nurtw made aso ebi for Fayose , who happens to be one of their own. No wonder he was once a Danfo drivery. ....E no commot from I'm body. #whatmannerofgovisthis

Unknown said...

The man of the people...we. love you sire

Oluwasegun Ibukun Ajala said...

seen

Oluwasegun Ibukun Ajala said...

seen

cynthia said...

No wonder he's rude, he has the traits.

Unknown said...

I love this guy. He is so real. This are the kind of people we need as leaders not pretenders, liers.

amrizing said...

I do wonder if some clowns are paid here to portray peoples image negatively especially our Yoruba brothers...every body can't support APC orientation of having it all.. This man fayose is a million times better than all the whole APC chieftains... There should be decorum where adults talk or write.. If we have this evil mind against ethnic cristism. Nigeria will sure head to destruction.

Unknown said...

U r Stupid.
Z works 4 his earnings u Dumb Fuck.

Anonymous said...

You are an unconditioned goat. Who cares if you are a fan or AC. Anu ofia. NNE azukwa GI azu

Tripllem said...

God bless you sir! I will keep on praying for you,you re a real MAN!you stand by what you believe in,may God prosper and protect you and d people u govern

Anonymous said...

At least he speaks better grammar than you. So respect the man.

Anonymous said...

Linda fucking this man since 2014

Anonymous said...

That is my governor. Ride on sir.

Recent Posts