'I'm wealthy because I'm happy': Billionaire Richard Branson claims he owes his success to being content | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 31 July 2015

'I'm wealthy because I'm happy': Billionaire Richard Branson claims he owes his success to being content

Billionaire British Tycoon Richard Branson,65, says he's not happy because he's rich but rather he's rich because he's happy. He says his hugely successful empire is the result of his cheery state of mind.
'I know I’m fortunate to live an extraordinary life and that most people would assume my business success, and the wealth that comes with it, have brought me happiness. But they haven’t - in fact it’s the reverse. I am successful, wealthy and connected because I am happy.' he wrote on his blog

In the write up, Branson encouraged readers not to focus on tasks but remember they are human beings rather than 'human doings'.
"Kids are often asked: "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The world expects grandiose aspirations: "I want to be a writer, a doctor, the prime minister." 'They’re told: go to school, go to college, get a job, get married and then you’ll be happy.  But that’s all about doing, not being – and while doing will bring you moments of joy, it won’t necessarily reward you with lasting happiness.
'Stop and breathe. Be healthy. Be around your friends and family. Be there for someone, and let someone be there for you. Be bold. Just be for a minute.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3180028/Richard-Branson-claims-successful-rich-happy-not-way-offers-advice-others.html#ixzz3hV4kzOjw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok

Unknown said...

His wealth is his happiness.....

Davido's driver said...

Ok good for him

STERN said...

Can't you be rich and handsome.....God I know I am cute already I just need more money...I know you will do it for me..Amen! !

Unknown said...

Eyaaa how nice....rich man eze coffee. Oops!

aproko manager said...

God forbid say u poor that time u go know Norbi wen person wealthy dem bring happiness

Unknown said...

Read this on Daily Mail yesterday,anyways linda you try!

Unknown said...

Eziokwu. Not in lagos sha. Someone will spoil the happiness

Unknown said...

Wow! Nice one just lik b happy is my main motive of doing anytin if not am off frm it if there is no joy or happiess in wht I do.

Unknown said...

Sweet words!

Unknown said...

Some thoughts.

I B M bolubantin said...

That's very correct...
But we still gotta make the money tho

Anonymous said...

They have hammered linda for stealing info from daily mail.They don give her cease and desist letter.See her posting reference, all blogs take note.Even if you want to steal images or stories from someone's instagram/twitter/facebook, you can say you stole it and you are using it for news, atleast we know aproko is your occupation.You bet more cease and desist letters are coming to all you naija gossip sites.

Unknown said...

I will emulate u

Anonymous said...

I feel like liking this heading... Thumbs up!!!! Happiness is key mehn

Arsenal said...

The old faith was that money brought happiness. The new one is that happiness brings money.
Why do i agree with you on this one?
Happy people are mentally and physically fitter…They are less prone to anxiety, depression, moodiness and psychosomatic disorders.
This means they don’t go absent much and don’t miss out on things.
They pitch up and pitch in more often and with more enthusiasm.
Happy people have better relationships:
They are more attractive and have more friends who can be useful for a whole range of activities. We all need social support at times and happy people have greater access to it.

But at the end of the day, with all the riches, you will still be sleeping in one bed.


◇◇◇◇◇◇If ignorance is bliss, wipe the smile off my face◇◇◇◇◇

Unknown said...

Gud 4him

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
See as person white abeg....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Carina Kikelomo Jacob said...

Good for him..How can I locate him??

ckjacob.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great words.. I'm really inspired by this.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

True talk

Unknown said...

Thats my man,you are entitled to your opinion mr richard.









#sad indeed

AC£S said...

Good for you sir

Tochi Paul said...

Abegiiii, so as I dey happy now money go locate me via bluetooth abiii...
Oga you were oppotuned o jari
#Dankwata

Anonymous said...

This babe, your comments make me laugh most times. U're always on the pessimistic side of things most times.😀

Unknown said...

plzzzzzzzz why cant i see my commets @ linda

Unknown said...

Makes sense

Unknown said...

Good for him

Anonymous said...

How can one be happy when you cant afford to train ur kids, pay ur rent, put good food on the table for ur family, pay kids hospital bills, buy good clothing for ur family? humm they say money cant bring u happines i disagree with that money is happiness and happines is money. Without money this man will not be as happy as he is right now.

LA' SUNSHINE said...

That is your own believe, u dn't know where he started from nobody came to this world with rishes okay. God is forever there to see us thru our dark times, who in this world have gone thru half of what job went tru in the bible ? but what happened in the end. When you go through divert temptations then you will know God is truely our source

Kachi said...

Tell them ooo ..... that's how we roll

ary said...

He forgot to add that he is content and hard working because no matter how happy and content you are, if you no hustle, hunger go kill you.

Recent Posts