Usher Raymond and Justin Bieber sued for ripping off another artist | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 19 June 2015

Usher Raymond and Justin Bieber sued for ripping off another artist

Justin Bieber and Usher are being sued for their song, "Somebody to Love," because some powerful judges just ruled that they may have ripped off another artist.

According to TMZ
The Bieber/Usher collaboration is "Somebody to Love," recorded in 2010. A guy named Devin Copeland, known as De Rico, and his songwriting partner Mareio Overton claim the famous pair ripped off their 2008 song by the same name.  
Problem for Copeland and Overton ... a federal judge ruled the songs weren't similar at all and booted them out of court in 2014. 
But a federal appeals court just ruled, the first judge was way off base, concluding, the Bieber/Usher hook have an "almost identical rhythm and strikingly similar melody." 
So the case now goes back for a full-blown trial where they're seeking $10 million in damages. Listen to the songs. If you were on the jury, would you nail the Biebs? 

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh!

Unknown said...

They still do this sh**?

Unknown said...

Bunch of opportunities trying to get noticed. I will play the song later.

I'm out. ***CATCH ME IF U CAN***

Unknown said...

Aha! TMZ news wit their always attention seeking news dat if not verify could put someone in trouble.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Good for dem

Unknown said...

Nt heard d oda will probly check later, so since 2010/2014 dat1 never forgt case? Is he dat broke dat rely so much on d reward...he shld gt a life biko! Abi gt into d studio n record hit songs,
Dat one no gree hit n dey stole it!

@MEETD®EALEVANS™ said...

PARENTAL ADVISORY
***adult content***




I do I get their version of d song, Google say him nor know them...

SANDRA said...

I lovee that song

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Na wa o, why all the copy ish....? Their wahala.

Unknown said...

Haaaaaaaa nyc 1.

ary said...

No idea is original, there is nothing new under the sun.

Unknown said...

O ti dis is very serious Gan.

Unknown said...

Good morning and have a great day y'll.


OKORO UPGRADED**

Unknown said...

After listening to the music will den know wat to say

Anonymous said...

let's see how it goes .... fine bobo

BLAQ said...

their wahala

BONARIO NNAGS said...

But Lindiway you didn't put up the other guy's version.

~BONARIO~says so via NOKIA LUMIA

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm! Ghan! Ghan!

Unknown said...

"Nmba" I wunt.

Unknown said...

"Nmba" I wunt.

Unknown said...

Hustlers..so if it has same name it's now your song ....this kind tin na trend for 9ja .
Usher nd smalli how una won take pay na..as I no say una go don chew d moni wey una make from it





~make I go take one bottle of beer~

Flora said...

I see some people are broke... #thingshungercancause

Unknown said...

I'm lost!... Find me pls...

* * * Linda's 1st Daughter * *

Ruthcindy said...

dat song is old nw.y not let it be.

Unknown said...

OMG! Why did Justin Bieber drag my mentor Usher into diz bullshit. JB been getting into trouble since 1909.

Unknown said...

Hmmm all this artist go just wait until another big star go sing and then, they start claiming damages.

MADE IN NIGERIA said...

Would judge when I listen 2 d songs......I dey come

Anonymous said...

MEK DEM SORT DEMSLVES OUT....TOMJERRYSWIT

Unknown said...

It's not a thing that started 2day....almost all
artists are guilty of such offense.

Unknown said...

Na dem sabi biko. Linda take note!




Okiie, notice to all LIBERs. Didn't want to do dis before but I gex I just have to do it as a disclaimer. One idiot on dis blog stole my identity, my name & signage. So please any negative comments on dis blog is not coming from me but from the thief cos I would neva say anything bad about someone or wish anyone evil. So I have gone back to using my old pix & my email address is (julie3er@gmail.com). Linda take note!

Anonymous said...

i dont believe that shit

Juleslouis said...

And they had to wait for 5yrs? Well, na them sabi!

Gov. Amaechi's Girl said...

Useless goat. TMZ is one of the best. When you're always on LIB feeling important, how would you know. Cow

Gov. Amaechi's Girl said...

Useless goat. TMZ is one of the best. When you're always on LIB feeling important, how would you know. Cow

Recent Posts