Man ignores girlfriend's warnings about buying lottery and wins big | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Man ignores girlfriend's warnings about buying lottery and wins big

A Michigan man who ignored his girlfriend's warnings about playing the lottery has ended up $1 million richer. The man, who asked not to be named so family and friends won't come and obtain him...lol, bought the winning ticket in Livonia, Michigan, lottery officials said.
“I stopped to get gas and the pump didn’t print out a receipt so I grabbed a couple of $5 winning tickets and went inside the store. On my way in, my girlfriend told me not to buy any Lottery tickets, but I didn’t listen. I bought one 50X The Cash ticket and paid for it with my two $5 winners" the winner said.
He decided to keep the ticket hidden from his girlfriend. The next morning, he scratched off the ticket while in the bathroom, only to find out he won the game’s largest prize of $1 million.
“I showed my ticket to my parents and neither of them believed me. We immediately went to the computer to look the game up online and read the instructions again. That’s when it finally started to sink in that I had won big,” He said.
He said he plays the lottery regularly, but never expected to be a big winner.
The man chose to take the prize’s lump sum of $634,517 after taxes, instead of a 30-year payout. He told the lottery he wants to take a vacation with the winnings before investing the rest.
“We’ve always wanted to go to Scotland, and this will give us the opportunity to do that,” he said. “Maybe next time my girlfriend won’t be as skeptical when I’m feeling lucky and want to buy a Lottery ticket.”

So, he calls his girlfriend - "Hey! Pack your bags, I won the Lottery!"
She says "Should I pack for warm or cold? Where we going?"
"I don't care, as long as you're gone by the time I get home."

 Haha...that last paragraph wasn't part of the story, just a comment added for humor.

36 comments:

7F098C19 said...

Funny, but noted. Engr Emy

Unknown said...

Lucky him.

Davido's driver said...

Lucky chap. Lindaobserve

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO HIM...WONDER WAT DE BABE WIL SAY NOW??TOMJERRYSWIT

Unknown said...

Ok

Unknown said...

Loooool.u are just one of the lucky few! I'm jealous!160million naira just like that! Enjoy man

Unknown said...

Good for him

Davido's driver said...

Awww how lucky, some wont even remember their gfs again

ary said...

LOL that last part was mean AF

CatwalkWithPAT said...

Good for them

Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

ujunwa said...

Lucky guy...never been a lucky person before

Unknown said...

Are you advicing me to play?

Unknown said...

Lucky guy. I wanted to say?? *wink* as pal the last paragraph

Unknown said...

Good for him

Unknown said...

Lol...congratulations to him

Deedee said...

LINDA HAS A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...........

Unknown said...

Good for him

Unknown said...

Lolz, dat Kain girl wen wan stop man progress hmmmm God abeg o. Dave

gab2shoes said...

Linda d troublemaker....abeg pack for cold!

The gods are wise
Gab2shoessaysso

Lillygal said...

Hahahaa linda....wanted to say if he was among those guys who sticks to a girl becos he is not buoyant and takes off when the cool bay lands...Good for him anyway he can now enjoy life to the fullest.

Nekky Cynthia said...

Lol @last paragraph.

Unknown said...

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
.
Lucky man....
.
.
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Unknown said...

Hehehehe! The girl is obviously not a part of his life, dis is a clear sign. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Good for him, and I wish him well though am not in support of gambling.

thatibogirl said...

Wait a minute......it means he paid over 300$ for tax??????wow,,,,

Zhroma D said...

Dat last paragrapg ehnnnn.....
Hehehehehehe. He shd enjoy it wella.

Anonymous said...

LINDOSKI THAT MEANS BABA IJEBU MUST CONTINUE

Unknown said...

Lucky man


OKORO UPGRADED**

Anonymous said...

I hope I win tonight's euro million estimated at £81mil. Fingers crossed...
...Mama J...

Jasmine Joseph said...

Wow lucky him, he will proberbly neva listen to that his girl frnd again

P.P said...

lucky man

Juleslouis said...

A typical example of trust ya instincts. Lucky guy.

Davido's driver said...

Eya! Good is good






















































~download davido ft meek mill #fansmi~~

Unknown said...

Lol... Naughty Linda

Unknown said...

Believe me,this man just used his head. Satan punish the current boyfriend of my future wife.

Anonymous said...

Mr man do ur maths well... A dollar isn't 160naira....

Recent Posts