Nia Guzman speaks on her issues with Chris Brown in her first interview | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 27 May 2016

Nia Guzman speaks on her issues with Chris Brown in her first interview

Last week Chris Brown publicly slammed his baby mama Nia Guzman for posting a photo of their daughter Royalty on IG which he thought was inappropriate. Speaking in her first interview since the online battle, Nia opened up about issues she's having with Chris Brown and more...


From Latina Magazine

It’s tough to co-parent in any situation, but it’s got to be a billion times harder your child’s father is someone in the public eye. What has it been like for you over the past two years co-parenting with someone like Chris Brown?
Well, the world didn’t find out about her until a year ago. He always knew about her, he just wasn’t ready to deal with the situation. But, it’s been quite the experience. I can’t say anything positive about it… at all. Nothing positive.
Like you said, we didn’t know about Royalty until she was a year old. Why did you choose to keep that news private?
It was just on both parts. I knew what the outcome was going to be once it came out. I was very fearful for… everything that’s going on now. I know that he’s young, he’s wild, and he has the bad boy persona, and I just knew that it just wasn’t going to be the best situation. And if I could have still kept it quiet until now, I would have.
Royalty’s very young. How do you shield her from all of this now, and what are your plans in the future as she grows older?
I want to keep her as normal as possible on my end. I’m not a millionaire like daddy, so of course it is going to be regular on my side. It’s just going to take a lot of talking and just getting her to know right from right and wrong from wrong, and not be some spoiled little rich kid out here just thinking that the world is hers and she can do whatever she wants. I don’t want her to self-destruct. I want her to be raised normal.
This week, there was a lot of talk about the photo of Royalty in her ballet outfit. Did you think that was going to be as huge as it was, and why did you think it was important to respond to Chris?
I mean the fact that I had just spoken with him. He had already seen a video of her on her way to ballet class. To make that remark online, was totally insane to me. Because I have a phone. I have a phone, and I tried over and over and over to co-parent, to try and get this right. It went global! The picture’s everywhere! I personally saw nothing wrong with it. She always dresses like that to dance class. It was a cute picture, she had just finished dance, she was pouting. It was a funny moment, and she was leaned back looking at me because she was totally pissed off, because it was time to go. She was done with the class, but she didn’t want to leave. She just wanted to sit there. So, that’s the moment that I captured and it was funny to me! I don’t sexualize a toddler, or think of my children in any way like that. So for the backlash of that… I didn’t understand it.
Did you speak with Chris after that comment?
No. After that comment, I don’t think there’s going to be anything good in talking, so we just don’t. When it’s that far, it’s just rather nobody talks because me and him are both firecrackers, and then nobody gets anything accomplished but yelling. And it’s just a place that I don’t want to be.
In addition to the photo going viral, there was news about the court battle about limiting the amount of days Chris is allowed to see Royalty. Does that mean you’re worried about her safety when she’s with him?
No. That’s the false story. I didn’t go back to court to limit his time, at all. That’s never what I wanted. What’s in place right now, his days that he gets her, was agreed upon. I agreed to that. That’s what I wanted for him. It wasn’t court ordered or anything like that, all the way from the first agreement. It was agreed. And so this time around, all I wanted was a set nanny in place, that’s all I was wanting. I never wanted to limit his time or take any of his time from him. I totally want him to be hands on with her, and be a father, and try and get it more focused, and leave all the other bullsh-t that he has going on, alone.
Do you feel like he’s too young and irresponsible to watch her alone?
It’s pretty common sense. He knows. He knows he cannot do it on his own. She’s only two, and she’s a lot of work. I just wanted a nanny in place when she was with him, and it be agreed upon. It’s not like I was just going to throw anybody in there, it was something that we would agree, and this was what it was going to be, and then we go forth.
So what was his issue with that? That sounds completely logical.
I don’t really know what the issue is with that. I could throw around all kinds of speculations, I could totally bash the situation. I’m not going to do that. I won’t do that. Everything that’s put out there, I don’t even have to explain it.

 People have so many misconceptions about you, and they just throw you into this stereotype. What’s the most untrue thing you’ve ever heard about yourself?

Gold-digging. I think this whole money issue too has been out of control. This number that people are stuck on, this $15K, this $16K… that is something that is legally calculated, from dad’s income. So, it’s not even a set number. I just want to have Royalty in a safer home. I would want it to be not leave to dad, and not be in a mansion, and huge playrooms and backyards and TV rooms, and then she comes home with me and you know, she’s in a small apartment. I just want to keep her balanced. He feels like she should have everything when she’s with him, and limited when she’s with me. And I don’t think that is ok, at all.
Read the full interview here

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Deal with it woman,you asked for it!

Unknown said...

Their palava...

Unknown said...

Then work! He doesn't need to give you, wen u do tins for ur child with ur money u gain respect+ I thought she said she wanted to give her a normal life...it's good dat she is having a taste of both lives !

Unknown said...

Lol. See wetin chris brown prick put am into. Unprepared wahala
Signed
#LibBadBoy

Anonymous said...

Then go work for it if you want a big place, hungry fool

Anonymous said...

He's a very irresponsible man and won't change till it's too late.

Unknown said...

Her wahala

Anonymous said...

Abi na
LWKM. Laugh at Nigeria's funniest pictures here

Anonymous said...

I cant even finish she is nothing but an idiot
mtscheeew.

Anonymous said...

Wen u open ur leg nd didn't take contraceptive where u not looking for this, Gold digger.

Unknown said...

I wonder o! Linda take note!

Anonymous said...

She is extremely greedy

Pretty face said...

Not interested

edu4ril said...

This woman is really planning on how to milk Chris Brown




Linda shey u dey see am

Unknown said...

Baby mama drama

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Dere cup of jedi

Anonymous said...

Get a job!!!!!

Unknown said...

Get a job true

Unknown said...

Get a job that call working!!

Unknown said...

Get a.job that called working! That co parenting also team Chris👑

Anonymous said...

She's a radiologist bruh. Apparently she had to move out here so Chris can be close to his daughter, quit her job and all. Y'all need to get your facts right.

Recent Posts