Foluke Daramola's husband says he isn't bothered that she was a rape victim | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 30 May 2015

Foluke Daramola's husband says he isn't bothered that she was a rape victim

Despite several controversies that may have surrounded the union between actress, Foluke Daramola and her husband, Kayode Salako, they still seem inseparable. Foluke launched a foundation called Passion Against Rape in Africa dut to the fact that she was once a rape victim, she said.
Rape victim or not, her husband, Kayode, isn't bothered by it.

Speaking to Saturday Beats, Kayode said,
“I have always told my wife something which I believe is the reality of life. I did not meet my wife as a virgin and when you did not meet her as a virgin, you cannot expect to be the one to deflower her. I am a liberally inclined person who is very realistic. My orientation is western inclined, so things like that do not bother me. Either she is a rape victim or not, what I am going to say is that I did not meet her as a virgin.
“The painful aspect and what hurts me the most about the situation is that she was introduced to sex against her own wish. That is one of the things I really hate about the experience. That she is a rape victim does not bother me at all. I am glad it did not cost her life. It bothered her psychologically for a while in life but I did not meet her in such a situation. She had overcome the ordeal before we met and the two of us have been living together in harmony. You would not even know that she is a rape victim if she did not tell you. I am a liberally inclined person and I don’t attach meanings to things the way a typical African man would. That is why my wife and I have been enjoying ourselves,” he said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Foluke also told Saturday Beats that she wants to be known as the voice of rape victims in Africa.
“I want to be the voice of the voiceless and Punch is the reason I have a platform like this because it was the first paper to share my experience with the world. After the interview I had with Punch about my rape experience, a lot of people began to call me to ask me what I was thinking to grant such an interview. I also had people who called me to share their experiences with me. In the process, I had a documentary with a France-based organisation and they asked if I had a foundation but I told them I did not have one. It was after the interview that the idea of Passion Against Rape in Africa came to me. That was about two years ago. I decided to be the voice of the voiceless because I know a lot of people do not have the courage to come out and talk about their experiences. I want to be the voice of rape victims all over Africa. That is the aim of my foundation. I feel that as a celebrity who has gone through that ordeal, victims of rape would find it easy to relate with me,” she said.

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chim..

Unknown said...

Dad nice of him

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Intresting. May God continue keeping their union stronger!

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Intresting. May God continue to keep their union stronger!

Unknown said...

They're soul mates.

Anonymous said...

God bless u madam

Joseph's blog said...

I love that

Damola Gbadegesin said...

Thank you Mr Kayode.Thats how a reasonable man should think.God bless you and your wife.

Entertainment Gist said...

I hope what he says is true because not all men will say that they are not bothered with a rape issue... Entertainment Gist

lepa shandy said...

Rape ain't a good thing

Pepe said...

Good one! It is imperative for spouses to be understanding & supportive of one another.

Unknown said...

Heya

Unknown said...

That's a good husband right there & a caring one at that

Unknown said...

E ya, so sad bt happy 4 r dat she as overcome it

Unknown said...

E ya, so sad bt happy 4 r dat she as overcome it

Unknown said...

My Mr Kay.. proprietor in school back then. #Bosworth college. he's such a caring fellow.

RICHBEE said...

Such men are not easy to come bye

Anonymous said...

Dats a gud man

Anonymous said...

This useless man who is a tribalistic bigot, he hates the igbos so much.i used to think he was all that till he displayed his hatred for the igbos,he is not a good man

ceecee said...

Very understanding husband...I like d man

Unknown said...

Mr Kay my Proprietor back in the days.. such a caring fellow!!!

Olatunde Kenny said...

Wow...ao gud nd nice of him

Anonymous said...

I disagree with u on this, Mr Kay is not tribalistic. U myt think this bcos of the issues that surrounded the Lagos state Governorship election. But in real life he is a sweet person.

Anonymous said...

Which rape victim??
Sob story to flaunt a foundation.
This one wey Ade Bendel fuck tire for him Allen Avenue office.
Dey dia dey deceive yourself, hubby n the organisation assisting you to flaunt ds shii.
Olodo rabata

Unknown said...

Well said. Time to stop the stigmatization. Linda take note!

NEEM said...

Talking about westernization..

Jesus Reigns said...

Most women are rape victims, they just don't come out to say so. Shout out to all strong women out there. U girls are d queens...

Anonymous said...

Do the igbos love other tribes please answer sincerely

Subomi said...

real man!

Anonymous said...

Everyone hates the igbos! You people should be killed!

Unknown said...

Wow! I wish them well, and d very best of life.

lady J said...

May God cont to strenten their union

Anonymous said...

When rape happens the assailant is to blame not the victim. Good to know that there are reasonable people in our country and we are getting more informed and educated

Anonymous said...

Anon 11 51 you will be killed

Anonymous said...

Anon 11.51 you will be killed soon

Anonymous said...

Whats with this rape issue costantly from you guys ,Husband and wife do you want to be raped again,do you enjoy been raped? whats the constant reminder from you to the public all the time.
Please time should have heal your wounds.shout up couple

Anonymous said...

Usually, I have reservations on the so called husband snatchers.

I think these two really love one another. The man is always smiling from ear to ear.
One can tell he's happy and so is she.
I wish you both well. It appears it's true love.

Anonymous said...

Usually, I have reservations on the so called husband snatchers.

I think these two really love one another. The man is always smiling from ear to ear.
One can tell he's happy and so is she.
I wish you both well. It appears it's true love.

Anonymous said...

I concur!

The mind of an enlightened and intelligent man.
No Nigeria mentality here whatsoever.
Nigeria is where the rape victim is shamed. Smh!!!

I think these two really love one another. The man is always smiling from ear to ear.
One can tell he's happy and so is she.
I wish them well. It's good to know true love really do exist.

sexy Cha Cha said...

Good one from them

Anonymous said...

All rapists will surely perish in hell where The Lord of Hosts will have The Final Say...where all rapists will be raped viciously without end! Amen and Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juleslouis said...

Well, good she's helping save d world.

Unknown said...

Good man,he knew the raped incident was not her fault.

Unknown said...

@anonymous.... u are surely a damaged fellow to say dat!!. How can u say ur fellow humans shud be killed. I guess u are part of dos fools dat are brainwashed to go suicide bombing. I pity ur dead body

Anonymous said...

Foluke Daramola will be raped again by 50 able bodied men since she wants Alaba market and Igbos raised....ashawo kobo kobo with breasts as big as oshodi and Aswani market put together.

Recent Posts