Man stabs 7 months pregnant neighbour after she catches him trying to rob her | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 24 January 2016

Man stabs 7 months pregnant neighbour after she catches him trying to rob her

A mother of two, Mrs. Oyinyechi Chinaka, who was 7 months pregnant with her 3rd child, was reportedly stabbed several times by her neighbor when she caught him rummaging through her purse and trying to steal money from it in her home on Anjorin street, Mushin, Lagos. She was quickly rushed to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, but she lost the pregnancy.
The suspect was said to have stabbed Mrs. Chinaka with a kitchen knife severally times on her stomach, arm and neck and left to bleed to death.


The victim, who spoke to Sunday Vanguard on her hospital bed said:
“ I was at home that fateful day when my children came to me in the kitchen where I was cooking to say electricity had been restored, and that I should come to the living room to play a cartoon video, called Power Ranger, for them. I left what I was doing and   went to operate the television for them. But to my astonishment, I saw the neighbour in my room. He was going through my purse to steal money. I caught him red handed. He was shocked .I said, ‘ So, you are the one stealing all the money that has been missing in this compound’. I was shocked because I trusted him and we had never quarrelled before. I usually left my children with   him and he entered  my house the way he liked, but for him to be stealing was shocking to me. As I was still talking to him, he ran out of the room and before I knew what was happening,  he came back with a kitchen knife and told me that he will stab me with it. I thought he was joking but to my shock, he moved close and, as I attempted to escape, he held me and started stabbing me with the knife . He stabbed me until I lost consciousness. I did not know what happened next. I only found myself in  hospital and, after surgery, I was revived. My husband told me that I was stabbed and would have died but for God’s mercy. I could not feel my baby anymore. I was seven months pregnant but my baby was not kicking”.
Mr. Henry , Mrs Chinaka’s brother- in-law, explained the trouble the family went through to get medical help for her.
“When we heard that she was stabbed, the family rallied round and rushed her to LUTH. Doctors told us that she had to use the only   ICU machine but a lot of people were on queue to use it. We ran helter skelter to look for money to deposit for her treatment. We had to deposit N500,000 and we have spent more than a million naira   on her treatment but nobody knew who stabbed her and she was on life support machine for months  . Unknown to us, the assailant’s elder brother had reported him to the police at the Olosan Police Station and the police had charged him to court for attempted murder without carrying out thorough investigation nor did they visit the woman in the hospital” , Henry said.
“ We  have been prevailing on the police to include the case of murder in the charge against the assailant  because the woman lost her seven months old pregnancy due to the stabbing. The baby is in the mortuary but the DPO of the Olosan Police Station and the IPO are not ready to cooperate with us as they went on to charge the boy to court without hearing from the family of the victim. We are appealing to the police to revisit the case and amend the   charge to include murder. We want justice to be done.”
In his statement to the police, the suspect said he was pushed by an evil spirit to stab Mrs. Chinaka.
“I went to her house to steal money. She caught me but a spirit told me to stab her, so I went to the kitchen and took the knife and stabbed her with it. I stabbed her because I did not want her to reveal to other neighbours that I am a thief. I fled the house when I saw blood gushing out. It was my brother who exposed me. He saw a cut wound on my hand and he questioned me where I got it. I had to confess to him that I used knife to stab Mrs Chinaka. My elder brother took me to the Olosan police station and I was arrested”.

A human rights activist, Mr. Ishola Agbodemu, urged the police to get justice for the victim especially since her unborn baby was murdered.
“If she had not been stabbed and made to go through such a terrible experience, she would have given birth to a child by now.   The child’s murder should not be overlooked by the police”, Agbodemu said.


Vanguard

101 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't have to really make others suffer just because you wanna be there..is always a stage dats life for you..

STERN said...

I wish you quick recovery.

Unknown said...

You don't have to really make others suffer just because you wanna be there..is always a stage dats life for you..

OMIDAN ABBY said...

Mushin..the devil's home.
Even the devil is surprised at this
Smh!

OMIDAN ABBY said...

It's that same evil spirit that would push her to her death..
Imbecile!

Babylawyer. said...

Goodness God. What is all these news we hear lately. God pls intervene. Humanity are loosing it.


@Lindaikeji No. I FAN

OMIDAN ABBY said...

Him****

Pesin Pikin said...

Wow, what a cold world we are! Thank goodness she's still alive though. Sometimes, d ppl u trust d most r d ones who'll hurt u even d most...

tosisochukwu said...

Sad story! That bastards should be jailed for life



















































































































!brightosman aka fake phyno .#gerarahere

Anonymous said...

I can't even read this, its so sad. After being pregnant for 7 months; the man is very wicked.
As a mother my heart just sank and pray God strengthens and heals this lady.

OSINANL said...

He must be a Muslim...

Eddy Ogbunambala said...

Evils! He deserve to rot in jail

Unknown said...

The trend now is the unseen spirit..that spirit had better come out to tell de world dey are innocent. He should be jailed for murder

Unknown said...

he's evil n heartless. he mmust. Face d law

baba said...

Enter your comment...I no get

Unknown said...

God save us oh, the kind of people will stay with, is painful for the woman lost but thank God they do not lose the mother also. I will the guy is sent to prison for a very long time

Ayanmo Farm & Guesthouse said...

Omg. this is serious. that's why trust nobody nowadays because the person you trust might be your enemy!

Nzekwe ezinne said...

what a world, when you keep to the neighbors in a low key they will call you a pompous ,when you relate with them it causes disrespect

Unknown said...

D thief is heartless nd wicked. He must b punish

chommy said...

Eiyah, get well soon ma. Linda observe!

ogeee said...

Oh No! May God give her strength to bear dis loss, so painful

Unknown said...

Justice must be done here ooo what a sad story :( but we thank God she's alive to tell the story !!!!















*dEW*

Unknown said...

People are so heartless!!! God is your strength madam.

Unknown said...

too bad

























#she'sunique#

Unknown said...

He must be caught and mamed..hes a beast

Blog It With Olivia said...

Ndi mmadu na ajo obi! Na wa o











#It wiLL oNLy gET beTTer
#iT mUsT eNd iN prAise

Unknown said...

Na wa evil everyday chia,police una hear ooh ...

Ohiren Erimiakhena said...

Hnnnm...very inhumane and sad experience,that's why the question comes to play,"who is really a neighbour"?.

Mufliat said...

I love his brother for not covering up for him.
So sorry madam,Allah will bless you with another wonderful baby soon. Aameen
He needs to be punished.



#Hajia Mufliat

Unknown said...

Hmmm* end time fins. * it's well*

Chop Chop said...

She is very lucky.

CHYGURL from CHYNA said...

Negodu wickedness, end time stabbing.
The way and manner things happen ds days, shocks our Nigerian police.

sabí said...

Enter your comment...
Awww,all bcos Of money frm a purse

WeALTHY ChIC said...

The evil that men do surprises the devil himself. Wickedness at the highest level. Thank God she's ok now.

Unknown said...

Na so dem go dey...blame evil spirit 4 their fuck up...that man shud be charge with murder,attempted murder,burglary, intruding, sneaking,and mis use of kitchen knife....just bring up tinx 2 make him spend his miserable life in kirikiiri

Demmy said...

Linda u ar late in posting did news, read it abt 5dayd ago

Unknown said...

Can you imagine, people are so wicked and mean...#LindaConfirm

Unknown said...

People are evil! Justice should be brought here! May God heal you ma'm.

@CruiseControl
mercycruise@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

People are evil! Justice should be brought here! May God heal you ma'm.

@CruiseControl
mercycruise@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Get well soon Mrs chinaka......

Unknown said...

Hmmmm quite a pity

BOXY (A.K.A) common sense said...

Thank God for her life

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmm

AZEEZ RIZQAH said...

Enter your comment...
whuck kind evil person will stab a 7-month pregnent woman?.

Unknown said...

ass hole heartless he goat you can not go free

Anonymous said...

Evil everywea


CEO

Unknown said...

Shwooooooooo! Oga u do ds one ooo. Evil spirit ke. Jst shut up dt rotten mouth der ooo. Wot nonsense evil spirit. Wicked man, ode,monkey, zombie.

AMIJEZ said...

Thank God for saving the mother. Did the evil spirit appear physically to him? He allowed the devil to use him.

Mayberry said...

No b Nigeria police,very idiotic set of human being. I pray by d grace of God justice will b given to d mother & d dead child.

Edobabe#replinda#

Unknown said...

Observed, terrible, with all humility and honesty I have feelings for Linda Ikeji and would sincerely wish to meet her in person this year as part of my resolution.

Chuks Bruno said...

The idiots deserves 1000 years imprisonment

Unknown said...

Eyahhh...God will punish him!







Post my comment..

Unknown said...

Human being dey o. Dis one Dem surpose tire join transformer leave am there for one week what a wickedness. And our police no go act well because na d man first come report mtchewwww



AJ MAIN BOY...

Olaaliu said...

Useless boyy

Coriander_Tumeric said...

So Sad

Unknown said...

plz DAT man deserve 2die by hangin

Unknown said...

Nigerian police can never change

Unknown said...

What a world. That spirit that told you to stabbed her, finally landed you to prison. Anuofia

Unknown said...

Such wickedness. Nna what has dis world become??? Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Useless man instead of him 2 go n Work

princess Stella said...

This is bad. Thank God she's alive to tell the story. And to crown it all, the police dis not carry the family along in their investigation. This country sha.

princess Stella said...

This is bad. Thank God she's alive to tell the story. And to crown it all, the police dis not carry the family along in their investigation. This country sha.

Anonymous said...

May God heal you speedily... Nigerian police no just get sense... God save our country from whatever bad it is turning to.

Unknown said...

Wot a tragedy...... May God console and heal her. Our Nigerian Force will not fail to amaze me it makes me wonder if our country is becoming better or worse..... May God help us

Unknown said...

Eyah so sad what a wicked man he sure deserve to die in jail

Unknown said...

Dis one dt wen ppl do evil tins dey. Wil blame unknown Spirits.Tank. God she is alive

Unknown said...

Evil spirit will lead u to prison...wwbwb

Unknown said...

Nigerian police with magomago, that man deserve to die by hanging,


Ajo mmou.

Unknown said...

How sad. These people should stop blaming evil spirit abeg it's just plain wickedness and he wanted to kill her so she wouldn't expose him . just go and repent in jail.

Unknown said...

Wickedness to d highest order

Anonymous said...

Evil spirit indeed,go to jail my friend..jumbo

gold said...

The bastard deserve to b stabbed to death, imagine d pain d woman went tru stabbing her where an unborn baby was, tnk God for his mercy.



Oloriawhy

Unknown said...

What a wicked world we live in.

Unknown said...

Bad Man

Dan said...

Wickedness

Unknown said...

Nawa ooo

Unknown said...

Wonders!
Evil world

Golda Awosika said...

Lagos and hell areas






#*karlishah*

Unknown said...

she shud be dealt with. only u theif nd murderer.

Luciana Chinda said...

Dis man to be jailed for 35 years.

Anonymous said...

And what if he isnt. Am sure hes an ibo man

Unknown said...

Evil spirit will lead u to 100 years to prison without bail.

Pearlie said...

This is what happens when you let yourself be ruled by the devil

Unknown said...

Thank God that she is alive.

WHO U HELP? said...

#BrosDevil no send u...#WhoUhelp?

Unknown said...

The evil spirit will equally ask you to commit suicide.

Eva Da Diva...

Unknown said...

The evil spirit will equally ask you to commit suicide.

Eva Da Diva...

Unknown said...

So touching, I fear for her. People should be careful this day, hungry man is always an angry man.

Anonymous said...

One day these fools are going to walk into the wrong house and get filled with lead. You never know

Anonymous said...

This is quite a sympathetic story. A betrayal of trust and attempted murder of an innocent victim and a loss of unborn child. As the family suggested that the police should amend the charge to include a murder charge; Looking at the source and legal definition of murder, the defendant cannot be charged with murder of the unborn child. However, he can be charged for infanticide.

Anonymous said...

Her or him? Orisirisi people full this LIB sha. I must comment even without reading. Linda's takeaway don finish una.

Unknown said...

Shut your mouth jor. I'm sure na Lekki you dey live. Yimu

Unknown said...

May God protect us from unknown

Unknown said...

THAT MAN SHOULD BE GIVEN THE DEATH SENTENCE. HE JUST TOOK A LIFE

Unknown said...

ooo God what a wicked person. thank God d woman is still alive,

Unknown said...

ooo God what a wicked person, thank God d woman is still alive.

Unknown said...

ooo God what a wicked person, thank God d woman is still alive.

Ade Joke said...

Meaning?

Unknown said...

OMG!

Adaobilinda her sexcellency said...

Pls justice needs to be done on this. He murdered n he should die too

Unknown said...

Sounds very awkward. U were caught stealing n d next thing is to stay d woman n kill her baby. Ds is a case of murder n must be treated as one.




#Linda'spal

Recent Posts