Man fights for life after spider bit him while he was in Peru toilet | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 10 October 2015

Man fights for life after spider bit him while he was in Peru toilet

A man is fighting for his life after being bitten by one of the world's most poisonous spiders in a toilet.
Orlando Jimenez Jimenez, 31, is suffering from kidney and liver failure while the toxins have also caused his eye and ear to rot.
He is currently being treated by doctors at Honorio Delgado Espinoza hospital in Arequipa, in southern Peru.

They have released a video of him semi-conscious while breathing through a tube in his hospital bed to highlight his plight.
The footage shows his ear rotting and his eyelid turning black.
His mother Felicitas Maria Jimenez said the spider fell on him and bit his left ear. 
Within minutes, his health deteriorated and they took him to a local health centre where he was given an antidote.
But his condition worsened and he is now in an intensive care unit.
Doctors believe he was bitten by a Chilean Recluse spider, one of the deadliest in the world.
The Chilean variety is considered to be the most dangerous of the recluse spiders and its venom can cause severe allergic reactions and even death.  
In November, five-year-old Branson Riley Carlisle, from Albertsville in Alabama, U.S., died after he was bitten by a brown recluse spider.
A month earlier, a 10-year-old Montana boy also died after being bitten on the leg by the same species. 

Last month, a British barrister told how he nearly lost his leg after being bitten by a brown recluse spider during a flight.
 
Jonathon Hogg's leg ballooned minutes after he felt a sharp pain on the plane to South Africa.
By the time he reached hospital it had turned black and to save the limb surgeons had to cut away a large part of his leg where the venom had eaten the flesh.
He was left with a gaping hole on the front of his shin.
 
Mr Hogg, 40, said: 'The pain was like nothing I've been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black. 
'It was a right mess. They told me if I had been any later I would have lost my leg or even died. It was terrifying.'

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray he gets well...

Guineacar said...

So a spider can be this dangerous. Chei!!!

Anonymous said...

ehya..God forbid dt knda thng..I pry he shud b heald...TOMJERRYSWIT

www.glowyshoes.com said...

Oh my lord.. I wish him speedy recovery

Glowyshoe blog

Unknown said...

Subuhanallah! Spider? I will start running from spider o!

Esther Okoro said...

It's a pity.God please heal him.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Spiders r dat dangerous? Never knew tho

Nwa Teacher said...

Linda Ikeji please I need your email address cos I want to forward my article to you. So you publish it on your blog.

Unknown said...

Jesus, Spiders bit? Never heard this anywhere.








Blackberry gives you the best and make you forget the rest.
....................................
David (dave_gino) »Commenting from my BLACKBERRY 9900«

Nwa Teacher said...

Linda please I need your email address cos I want to forward my article to you. So you publish it on your blog.

Unknown said...

Shit! Dis specie of spider is definitely from d pit of hell.

seyi crown said...

Thats really crazy.... God help him to recover






Seyilicious

Unknown said...

God help us. I know of Tarantula spiders that are also very dangerous and now this recluse spiders too

Unknown said...

Thank God for nigeria

Unknown said...

I wish him speedy recovery and is well wit his soul IJN.

Unknown said...

I wish him speedy recovery and is well wit his soul IJN.

Unknown said...

Spider bite again. Na wa o. I pray he pulls through.





























#TeamBlessed#

aproko manager said...

Jesus pls save him oo

Unknown said...

Wish him well.

Unknown said...

Dis is scary o! I don't dey fear spider now. I hope he gets better. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

Now I know why whites are so afraid of spiders

Leems said...

God pls heal him fast and protect us from deadly Spiders

ary said...

He didn't turn to spiderman? Sorry

Unknown said...

So sorry 4him wish him quick recovery

Unknown said...

So spider can be this poisonous

Unknown said...

Linda am not happy wit u ooh is like u are setimental y u no dey publish my post I hv being meetn comment since but cn nt find my post y?

Unknown said...

Quick recovery

Anonymous said...

No the ones in Nigeria are small.
The ones in South America are giant, they are even dragging my house with me. they are very big.

Unknown said...

Wishing him speedy recovery....

Anonymous said...

My kids can't stand spiders at all. Snakes they can handle, spiders? They freak out! And it's just for this reason. My son reads a lot about nature and he learnt early how dangerous spiders can be.

Unknown said...

The tiny insect sure pack some punch.
Hope Dude recovers from this torment.

I B M bolubantin said...

I pray for him o

Anonymous said...

Yes oo. there are venomous spiders in the world. Black widow and recluse spiders are just a few. So to all ye people that love eating bananas, check that bunch properly. A deadly spider might be hiding in there.

Unknown said...

May God heal him speedily.

Juleslouis said...

Every spider is now a suspect. Brown, white or even transparent. If i see u, u r dead!

All purpose store ng 08188861083 said...

Hmmm Jesus Christ*shivers*

All purpose store ng 08188861083 said...

Blood of Jesus*shivers*

All purpose store ng 08188861083 said...

Hmmm Jesus Christ*shivers*

Recent Posts