Emma Ugolee initiates petition to minister of health & the lawmakers | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Emma Ugolee initiates petition to minister of health & the lawmakers

Former TV host Emma Ugolee, shared the message below to his contacts on all social media platforms. Please read and be moved to action.
Mandela did not set out to be a hero nor did he have a knack for public admiration or recognition. He simply responded to his circumstances with his set of values and vision. I am not trying to make a name for myself, I cannot help but commence this struggle for the millions who need me to. By virtue of my circumstances, the game chose me.
I have petitioned the minister of health & the law makers of the house of assembly to consider & ultimately pass a bill on the subsidising of the cost of dialysis.

Why should it cost almost half a million a month to stay alive with kidney disease‎ In Nigeria when it is almost free in poorer countries like Sudan & Namibia? Absolutely free in Ivory Coast. Senators and the likes we have approached seem interested and willing to push. I will knock as loud, as ‎hard and as long as it takes to get this bill off the bucket list. But picture this being done without you,now that's a laugh. So please, we need signatures only. 30seconds after you follow the link below and you're done. Target is 500thousand signatures. You need to have seen my new 13year old friend gasping for air needing dialysis but having to wait in his mother's arms for his father to confirm the money was on the way before he got on the machine. Broke my heart.
Please just sign. I beg of you and tell a friend. - Emma Ugolee
Sign - HERE

27 comments:

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Okay

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Sir

Blog It With Olivia said...

Huh?
Linda u no dey sleep?



I Rep 27th May

Berry said...

Let everyone please sign this.

Unknown said...

Na wo!... Govt una don hear?

Unknown said...

Respect Broda,I need more pple like to move d country forward

Karlsson said...

Good initiative, I support
Ubanagum

ary said...

Wow this is great. Signed.

Unknown said...

I support them on this, what of people who can't afford dialysis?

Kponskii said...

Of course...signed.

Ayo said...

Maybe we'll start with kidney disease. The real problem, however, is that the entire health sector is in in dire need of dialysis! Yes. Take a tour of any public hospital in Nigeria, patients are compelled to pay for any and every service, from tests to treatment. The emergency wards/ facilities are in total distress and accident victims are mainly treated or left to their fate in the cars that bring them to the facilities. Drugs? Only in the countless pharmacies that dot the hospital environment. Where do we start? By the last count, I do not even know the name of the minister of health... It is that bad.

Unknown said...

Ave done mine.

Goziem Oh LORD said...

Have just signed in

Unknown said...

Tell me where to sign and I will

olaide. said...

Necessary moves. Signed

yawanow said...

commendable and good step towards initiating change in the health sector.

Unknown said...

I just wish the people he wrote the letter for
gat to read it.

Unknown said...

Signing sharply. We need to do more of dis. Linda take note!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you my brother, I am in full support and hereby sign with immediate effect.

Subomi said...

With him on this one

Anonymous said...

Doctors are on strike at many Federal hospitals. I wonder why this is not news yet.
Linda please find out and report.

This country is a mess.

Unknown said...

Alright

Anonymous said...

i have signed. have you signed?

Unknown said...

God will help Us in this country.Its painful when we see our people dying for what our government can help us achieve.God Please help Us

Wakapass said...

What happened to his marriage? I thought his wife was supposed to give him one of her kidney? Opportunist. ..smh

Anonymous said...

This Emmanuel sha. His spirit is just unbelievable. I lost an inlaw to this thing and cant believe that anybody who goes through what she went through can have time to think about anybody else. See how it is looking like he is the 1st Nigerian to be suffering kidney failure. Your attitude to your condition in this life is everything. I have signed and so has my late sister's inlaws mother. God Bless him. I hope the government listens to this

Barbie said...

I totally agree with u dearie....we pray for a better nigeria!!

Recent Posts