OAU student who drowned in pool was an expert swimmer and trainer - Hotel management | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog





Thursday, 22 June 2017

OAU student who drowned in pool was an expert swimmer and trainer - Hotel management

The management of of the Hilton Hotel, where a 300Level Pharmacy student of Obafemi Awolowo University(OAU) student died, said the deceased was a good swimmer and trainer.
Emmanuel Fatile drowned inside the swimming pool on Sunday, June 18. He had gone to the hotel with two friends and after they were done, he entered the pool again to swim alone but this time, he drowned.
The other students called for help but those present could not swim. By the time a lifeguard arrived, it was too late. He was confirmed dead by doctors at the hospital.
The General Manager of the hotel, Mr John Olalekan, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Ile-Ife that the deceased, had initially completed his swimming before going back into the pool. He said all efforts to save Fatile, who came in company with two friends to the hotel, proved abortive.
"I want to put it straight that our swimming pool is fenced and secure. The person that died inside the swimming pool was an expert and a trainer himself," said Olalekan.
"He usually teaches other people how to swim. He had already completed swimming; he came out and went back inside the pool again. It is only God that can tell what happened. It is not explainable. If he was an amateur that came to swim, we couldn’t have allowed him to swim without using the floaters and tubes.
"We even give experts tubes. I think it is the wish of God. It is an unfortunate thing. This is the first time such will be happening. No one has died in our hotel before," he said.


Manuel Kunmi said...

sad story


How many swimming pools have lifeguards that every swimmer uses??
Its a blatant lie to say they have lifeguards for all amateurs and even experts

If they had finished swimming n he went back in, that means it was probably late. The hotel is meant to have a team that stop pple frm swimming once its time.

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Sad much

... Merited happiness

Vivian Reginalds said...

-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

doodoo said...

He was probably electrocuted. There are a lot of low quality pools in Nigeria. Death traps and accidents waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

Stop bringing God into this...maybe you can say it was the wish of the Devil.

peterpan said...

Heart attack or severe muscle pull.

Anonymous said...

Una don use his blood shine...... hotel owners pay their dues in different means. RIP boy

Vivienne B said...

The evil powers of his father's house drowned him. They saw his Glory ahead of him so they finished him off before he could know what was going on! RIP man.

Anonymous said...


Recent Posts