My parents' 40 years of blissful marriage- LIB reader | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 7 January 2017

My parents' 40 years of blissful marriage- LIB reader

LIB reader, Okoye Chiazor Marilyn sent in this beautiful write-up about her parents who have been married for 40 years, have 8 children and 12 grandchildren. Read what she wrote and see more photos after the cut...


 My parents'marriage was 40 years on 12th December 2016.I look at these two(my parents) and I am convinced marriage is truly beautiful when it's built on friendship and Christ it's stronghold .
I don't know how they met,I've never asked(it's only Uche Okoye Obi that asks such questions lol) but their meeting is the best thing that happened to me.Yea,the best thing cos it amazes me how they compliment each other perfectly;dad's weaknesses are mum's strengths and vice versa.
The... family has grown over the years.2003 Oguchi Paul joined as the first inlaw,2009 Onyekachi Irokwe and Mercy Chioma Umezuluike-Okoye joined.These individuals spiced up the family with their awesomeness.The blessing never do oo fast forward to 2012 Ndubuisi Obi joined then our latest addition Chinyere Oranekwulu Okoye.I really can't comprehend how God made this happen cos they blend perfectly.It's remaining Okoye Chiazor Marilyn Too to complete the family(na only me remain oo ).
The granchildren are 12 for now,yes more are coming.
This is God's words for his children,my father is living Psalm 128 to its fullest.
I have learnt alot from this marriage;my parents still bath together,eat together,sleep on the same bed and have always had one room (how can you do all these and still keep malice,odiro possible).They have had their fights definitely but the sun never goes down on their fight.
Thanks daddy for teaching my brothers how to love a woman and family values.Thanks mummy for teaching me and my sisters to love your man and be there for him through thick and thin,be his backbone and strength in times of weakness.Thanks dear parents for teaching us to love,trust and serve God.
Thank you Almighty father for being the strength of our family.
My family is my greatest blessing and every time spent with them is priceless.
I love you all.








18 comments:

kings said...

happy married life

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Cute


...merited happiness

Ada bekee said...

Dear Lord, I might not have all the money in this world. Just give me and my "odonghe" love for 40years and I am okay.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

code009 said...

large family. Nice

Oghenetega said...

Awwwwww.. This is all shades of Cute.
Not all this one minute marriage of Nowadays...

Joyous babe,Linda ikeji first cousin said...

Awww! This is lovely, happy HWA to them.

Joyous babe,Linda ikeji first cousin said...

Awww! This is lovely, happy HWA to them.

Unknown said...

It's only God who can perfect things this way... God make it look easy.... Beautiful family












........... Cristo vive..........

Unknown said...

More Blessing

Nwajiulo said...

I tap into there blessing.
Many more yrs to the Okoye's

Alloy Chikezie said...

What are you saying?

Your comment will be visible after approval

Anonymous said...

Indeed christ is the solid foundation.and ofcourse LOVE,UNDERSTANDING,SACRIFICE,ENDURANCE.(buh trust me they are family of "Correct People"

Unknown said...

nice
-D great anonymous now as Vivian Reginalds

Priceless Jewel said...

Awwwwwwwwww, this is all shades of cuteness! I triple tap! I'm so loving this, happy married life!


... Jesus is my worth!

Gonna said...

Waooooooooooh this is wonderful, I tap into the anointing in Jesus name! May You be also promoted to Great grand Pa and Ma.

Unknown said...

Weeeeeel, the man looks morose and bored while the woman looks triumphant and ecstatic. I can imagine who suffered most to sustain this marriage.

Anonymous said...

Instead of you to pray your marriage lasts like theirs with good children you are here talking bullshit.

Recent Posts